• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Call of Duty: Ghosts" will have dedicated servers on ALL platforms!!

how did you jump to that conclusion, for all you know they might have been still working out details with sony.

Read the tweet. The guy below him basically says it and he doesn't deny it but passively agrees with him. I'm sure they got paid to only talk about Microsoft.

But why is this surprising? Microsoft does this all the time, they are now just bringing it over to the gaming side of things. Really, when a company has money, these are the things they do. Money talks, bs walks.

Sethos

Banned
NOaKJ11.gif

I think we've reached an all time low in the gaming industry. MS paying a company to withhold information that may be vital to the purchase of their games on other platforms. Disgusting.

kiguel182

I still can't decide if I'm buying this for the PS4 or not. I mean I'll probably have fun with it but is not the kind of "next-gen" experience that I'm buying a new console for...

Let's hope Treyarch also gives us dedicated servers next year, that one I'll probably get.

2San

If Sony is actively trying to match MS when a multiplat game gets dedi's then the XB1 is really looking less appealing by the day. XB1 still looked a bit interesting since they seemed to be pushing the whole dedicated server thing(by calling them clouds). However if all multiplat games are still getting dedi's either way, then Sony is really dominating on all fronts. This war would have been a lot more interesting if Titanfall was a true exclusive.

Competition is a good thing.

model13

Funny thing is that dedicated CoD servers is how I convinced my group of 6 friends to go with X1.I wont mention this until after the 22nd.

N.Domixis

Banned
If any of you have friends who canceled their ps4 orders let them know that the ps4 version will also have them. I got one of my friends to cancel his xbox preorder and is now back on the ps4 hype train!

RedAssedApe

Banned
Funny thing is that dedicated CoD servers is how I convinced my group of 6 friends to go with X1.I wont mention this until after the 22nd.

be funny if they all went Ps4 and left the friend who LIED to them in the dust
jk i know this is a new revelation

If Sony is actively trying to match MS when a multiplat game gets dedi's then the XB1 is really looking less appealing by the day. XB1 still looked a bit interesting since they seemed to be pushing the whole dedicated server thing(by calling them clouds). However if all multiplat games are still getting dedi's either way, then Sony is really dominating on all fronts. This war would have been a lot more interesting if Titanfall was a true exclusive.

XB1 is forcing the entire industry to get competitive. You should get down on your knees and kiss Steve Ballmer's butt and thank him for the Xbox 1 getting developed. Likewise, as somebody with a PS4 preorder, I feel eternally indebted to Microsoft for releasing the 360 and forcing Sony to get their heads out of their asses.

Salex_

Embarrassing that it took so many years for this to happen. From the time that I played COD MW2/COD Black Ops the "dying after taking cover" or "unloading nearly a full clip then dying" bullshit was so frustrating. The fact that the kill cam clearly shows the problem made it even worse.

obviously IW realizes that they cannot burn the ps4 community since most likely by COD ghosts 2 or whatever, it will sell many more for Sony rather than Xboner.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Good, that eliminates a possible advantage for the xbone. Xbone Cod having exclusive dedicated severs would have been huge.

If any of you have friends who canceled their ps4 orders let them know that the ps4 version will also have them. I got one of my friends to cancel his xbox preorder and is now back on the ps4 hype train!

WTF is there really any need?

This is good news basically for everyone, no need to turn it into a console battle.

Could just be Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC. CoD on PC already had dedicated servers no? And Thunderhead are servers for XBOX LIVE in general. Could be used on 360 as well.

Current Gen = 360
Next Gen = Xbox One
PC = PC

Dedicated servers for PS4 (and PS3) aren't even close to confirmed yet because of a vague tweet. :p Is it now a legitimate possibility? Yes. Well they most likely have dedicated servers? Yes. But its not confirmed.

2San

XB1 is forcing the entire industry to get competitive. You should get down on your knees and kiss Steve Ballmer's butt and thank him for the Xbox 1 getting developed. Likewise, as somebody with a PS4 preorder, I feel eternally indebted to Microsoft for releasing the 360 and forcing Sony to get their heads out of their asses.
Yeah I edited the competition thing in right before you posted. The 360 did a lot of things right, I'm still wondering what went wrong with MS.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Could just be Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC. CoD on PC already had dedicated servers no? And Thunderhead are servers for XBOX LIVE in general. Could be used on 360 as well.

Current Gen = 360
Next Gen = Xbox One
PC = PC

Dedicated servers for PS4 (and PS3) aren't even close to confirmed yet because of a vague tweet. :p Is it now a legitimate possibility? Yes. Well they most likely have dedicated servers? Yes. But its not confirmed.

He elaborated, it's as close to confirmed as its possible to be.

The_Monk

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer, this is good news indeed. I wonder how many people will get the Season Pass for this game on the PS4. Either way, better connections for everyone is always good.

I never had many problems aside from one game that I had to setup a couple of things on my router so it's all good.

iceatcs

I dunno, It will be more work to make 2 different kind of netcode.

I think we will see whatever the same cos it might be quicker therefore cheaper.

KAL2006

Banned
Cool now all we need to do is break Respawn and get them to hint at a time exclusivity of TitanFall. Then Xbox One has pretty much nothing appealing about it.

model13

be funny if they all went Ps4 and left the friend who LIED to them in the dust
jk i know this is a new revelation
I would have never lied to them. Withhold info after decisions have been made? Sure. Three of us have already paid for multiple years of Xbox Live. We are all excited about Titanfall and Halo so I doubt it would matter anyway. Why give them any reason to doubt their purchase?

Something something you're misleading your friends

Nah it's the same thing I do or don't do

Some of my friends think the original policies are in place and I feel no desire to correct them unless they were really really into MS exclusives I guess but none are

Of course I also didn't bother trying to convince them to go PS4 either

Shai-Tan

Banned
I hope more games follow this trend because p2p has always been sub par. I didn't buy that Killzone game on the Vita after the terrible experience I had with their p2p in beta but that's also because it was terribly architected even for p2p.

Are you serious????!!!!!! Sony doesn't even own a cloud service that you can rent servers & infrastructure from.

umm what are you talking about, just because sony don't own any doesnt mean they aren't involved in getting dedicated servers on COD on their platform, considering the competitor is offering dedicated servers at a hugely discounted price you would think Sony would partner with activision to get it on their console aswell considering its the biggest mp game.

GodofWine

I wonder what pressed them into this not contract-breaking side of the mouth admission.

It makes sense to announce it, they have to defend their property and with other launch FPSs (Killzone, BF4) having dedicateds, and with the early lead likely in Sony's favor for consoles sold in year 1, I know Id sure as hell go out of my way to leak this too.

I would have never lied to them. Withhold info after decisions have been made? Sure. Three of us have already paid for multiple years of Xbox Live. We are all excited about Titanfall and Halo so I doubt it would matter anyway. Why give them any reason to doubt their purchase?

when they do learn the contrary, they will think your an idiot.

Mr Moose

That account that retweeted is a parody account.

But I do find it amusing that Microsoft paid to keep this quiet.

I thought it was, too, but they normally say "parody account" on them, like the Kaz one, either way, yay!

He elaborated, it's as close to confirmed as its possible to be.
One can assume that from what he wrote. Doesn't make the assumption correct. He didn't mention multiple systems, just simply labeled it Current Gen, Next Gen, PC. I can assume it's just 360, Xbox One, and PC. That assumption is as equally correct as the assumption that PS3 and PS4 have dedicated.

I'm sure the PS3 and PS4 will have dedicated. 90% sure. Other 10% comes from the doubt that Microsoft will continue to give Activision a discount on Azure servers if they use them for a competitors system.

Top Bottom