• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Zombies

Daffy Duck

So a load of CoD related people received the below package which was a countdown to it opening. That time has come and it's been opened.

UljACQw.jpg

This was inside, the description for the IW Zombies mode.

Contents:

dD0JQ0r.jpg

nqaWqGh.jpg

A video tape

NCXiPIH.jpg

UtITvA0.jpg

nwPX3qy.jpg

Source and credits:

Charlie Intel Twitter.

Looks interesting.

You know, I love COD, and I will be on the frontline to battle the haters each and every time, but I have to say...I am really fucking tired of zombies.

Daffy Duck

You know, I love COD, and I will be on the frontline to battle the haters each and every time, but I have to say...I am really fucking tired of zombies.

I hope it's more accessible than Treyarch zombies because that shit was so complicated it put me off in the end on BOIII, I want a nice simple well told story with cool shit in that I don't have to spend hours reading guides for to be able to play.

Toa TAK

Banned
They should've sent it here. I still have my VHS tape hooked up.

Just want the trailer to hit already. So far, I'm really digging the theme IW is going for.
I hope it's more accessible than Treyarch zombies because that shit was so complicated it put me off in the end on BOIII, I want a nice simple well told story with cool shit in that I don't have to spend hours reading guides for to be able to play.
Wk6sKg1.jpg

Newlove

I wasn't overly thrilled that they went with Zombies when they could have been a bit more creative with their third mode, but maybe a trailer and more info would sway me.

Ascenion

Is every CoD gonna have zombies now? Laaaaame. I honestly preferred it being just Treyarch's thing. It's played out now.

Dominator

This is my problem with the Zombie mode, yeah you can play then maps and just kill zombies, but there is an extraoridinary amount of stuff to wrap your head around, and all of the story stuff is complicated as hell. Shadows of Evil took me and a group of friends over a month of playing almost every night to complete that maps "story". Just ridiculous to me.

I appreciate the effort they put into the mode, the design of the maps are dope, but it's a bit much.

Daffy Duck

They should've sent it here. I still have my VHS tape hooked up.

Just want the trailer to hit already. So far, I'm really digging the theme IW is going for.

Wk6sKg1.jpg

Oh FFS.

This is my problem with the Zombie mode, yeah you can play then maps and just kill zombies, but there is an extraoridinary amount of stuff to wrap your head around, and all of the story stuff is complicated as hell. Shadows of Evil took me and a group of friends over a month of playing almost every night to complete that maps "story". Just ridiculous to me.

I appreciate the effort they put into the mode, the design of the maps are dope, but it's a bit much.

Yeah that is totally insane! Don't get me wrong it's good that there is that level of longevity to a game mode that is essentially free and it's what makes CoD a very cheap package but come on Treyarch it's complicated as hell.

Kalentan

Shadow's of Evil is just more complicated. It took me a week to complete the first DLC map's easter egg and a few days to complete the 2nd DLC's map easter egg.

Outside the Shadow's of Evil, the easter eggs aren't that hard. Most can also be solo'd.

Hopefully it's good, but something about this Zombies modes seems so insincere... Like not only has Zombies become just another part of the CoD formula, but also 80's culture has been having a bit of a comeback such as with Blood Dragon and Kung Fury. I don't know, it just feels like it was crafted by a marketing team to me. Once again, I hope it's genuine, innovative, and fun, but it seems so shoehorned in that it's bothersome. I mean why would a game about space have a Zombies mode that is looking to take influence from the 80's? It doesn't make much sense to me and I wish they tried to make something new instead.

On Demand

Banned
They should of went with robots or something. Leave Zombies to Treyarch.

We would of had

IW - Robots

SH- Aliens

Treyarch- Zombies

It's good to switch it up every year instead of playing the same modes.

Kalentan

Hopefully it's good, but something about this Zombies modes seems so insincere... Like not only has Zombies become just another part of the CoD formula, but also 80's culture has been having a bit of a comeback such as with Blood Dragon and Kung Fury. I don't know, it just feels like it was crafted by a marketing team to me. Once again, I hope it's genuine, innovative, and fun, but it seems so shoehorned in that it's bothersome. I mean why would a game about space have a Zombies mode that is looking to take influence from the 80's? It doesn't make much sense to me and I wish they tried to make something new instead.

Why does Black Ops 3 have a Zombies mode that takes place during WW2 despite the setting being like the 2070s? Or a map that takes place in a noir city in a pocket dimension that looks like 1920s or so.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
BO3 zombies was terrible. It's like every pixel hunt adventure game from the 90s taken to the extreme. Nothing is logical and the only way anyone figures it out is when streamers are not so subtly told what to do.

Maybe if IW do something a little different it will be okay (like EXO zombies) but as is I feel like it might have run its course.

Unfortunately as long as the maps and mode remain as convoluted and difficult as the past couple of entries I'll have no interest in playing it. World at War and Black Ops 1 were great because it was simple fun with friends running around trying to not get hit while getting cool weapons from the box.

The white house map was my favourite.

Toa TAK

Banned
You know I know exactly how you're feeling right now on this. I'm still trying to keep a positive outlook on it, though. It's gotta be better than Exo-Zombies at least (which I didn't dislike mind you, it just didn't hold me past the first map).

Though the theme of 80s pop culture and movies is right up my alley as much as the historical fantasy Treyarch is putting out. Hopefully they deliver. They don't have an excuse not to after everything Treyarch has pioneered in thier mode.

Why does Black Ops 3 have a Zombies mode that takes place during WW2 despite the setting being like the 2070s? Or a map that takes place in a noir city in a pocket dimension that looks like 1920s or so.

It started in World at War and has relevance to the story they are trying to tell between that game and the Black Ops trilogy. Also, Treyarch, who created the mode, have always explored different settings for certain maps in the franchise, like with Call of the Dead, Five, and Mob of the Dead. However, in Advanced Warfare, which was developed by Sledgehammer Games, they adopted the Zombies mode and kept it close to their own game's futuristic setting. Now Infinity Ward is jumping on the band wagon, which was announced so nonchalantly during the reveal. Who knows, maybe this is the setting that they wanted to explore, but I have an itching suspicion that they're just meshing together what's trending right now to try and draw people in. I mean I loved Blood Dragon and Kung Fury so the idea is appealing to me, but the whole thing feels a bit disingenuous because of how unoriginal it all comes off to me as being. I'm probably a bit biased because I was hoping for something new and pessimistic/cautious because I haven't been too satisfied with the franchise for awhile.

Kalentan

It started in World at War and has relevance to the story they are trying to tell between that game and the Black Ops trilogy. Also, Treyarch, who created the mode, have always explored different settings for certain maps in the franchise, like with Call of the Dead, Five, and Mob of the Dead. However, in Advanced Warfare, which was developed by Sledgehammer Games, they adopted the Zombies mode and kept it close to their own game's futuristic setting. Now Infinity Ward is jumping on the band wagon, which was announced so nonchalantly during the reveal. Who knows, maybe this is the setting that they wanted to explore, but I have an itching suspicion that they're just meshing together what's trending right now to try and draw people in. I mean I loved Blood Dragon and Kung Fury so the idea is appealing to me, but the whole thing feels a bit disingenuous because of how unoriginal it all comes off to me as being. I'm probably a bit biased because I was hoping for something new and pessimistic/cautious because I haven't been too satisfied with the franchise for awhile.

I know when it started. I'm just saying that the criticism that it seems odd they're doing an 80's astethic despite a future setting doesn't make much sense.

Toa TAK

Banned
Mother of Jesus that looked great, the music made it.

Pop culture 80's zombies will hopefully be epic.
RELAX

They better have some 80s hits throughout if they're still doing Easter Egg songs. Or get Ludvig Forssell to do another retro song a la A Phantom Pain.

Top Bottom