• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty, ladies and gentleman.

RoKKeR

This definitely needs it's own thread.

Worse than "Press F to cut leg".

Vidyagames.

For reference:

bf4-11.png

TheJLC

How much do you pay for these respects? Does it remove that amount from your Credit Card or PSN/MS wallet?

-griffy-

Banned
The worst part about this image is that it redundantly prompts you to Press F to Pay Respects and also shows you a Pay Respects F floating icon in the game world. Why are we at a stage where we need to be constantly assaulted by what we need to do in a game? Surely one prompt would be enough. Just show us an F/X/square icon on the casket and that's it.

Yankee Fever

Neo Member
not sure if people think this is funny because of the letter "F" specifically, or because call of duty is dead and pay respect to it. (though, clearly and unfortunately, call of duty is not dead)

I will defend this scene by saying it worked really well, because the way the camera panned to your
missing hand
was a damn good story telling technique. It was so sudden to me, input wise, since I was only thinking about the "Press F to do "whatever"" mechanic that COD has been doing for ages now.

To me, it's like the developers knew people would read it this way, and so played with the player's expectations to move the story along in an exciting way.

I thought it was really well done.

daviyoung

Banned
The worst part about this image is that it redundantly prompts you to Press F to Pay Respects and also shows you a Pay Respects F floating icon in the game world. Why are we at a stage where we need to be constantly assaulted by what we need to do in a game? Surely one prompt would be enough. Just show us an F/X/square icon on the casket and that's it.

the prompt is obviously because it's a tutorial

there'll be plenty more Respect Paying down the line where you'll only get the floating icon on the coffin

Top Bottom