• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty, ladies and gentleman.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
That image sums up so many things wrong with the gaming industry right now.

I understand the point but what's do different from watching hours of cutscenes like in any other games? This is basically a cutscene in which there's just a button-requirement to proceed. I mean it's nothing new, FF7 had hours of cutscenes with you clicking X and cycling conversations. Here you click X and pay respect.

(CoD is a shit btw).

El Sabroso

mGDqEZ.gif

nice headshot

Ugh the circlejerk in this thread is sickening. I forgot how ridiculous people act when it's cool to hate on something, I bet 9 out of 10 people in this thread haven't even seen the scene and I'm not sure why there was a thread created about it and even more ridiculous is that it's now at 9 pages?

I am the biggest CoD hater since Blops1 and even I am enjoying AW.

I've read this entire topic. I have no idea how something as completely unremarkable as a quick time event in a video game could be as blown out of proportion as it has in this thread.

This isn't remotely funny.

You're right.

Editing the post that got you a humiliating tag because the post's original content was soulless garbage that was thankfully immortalized by multiple posters who quoted you, now that's funny.

I've read this entire topic. I have no idea how something as completely unremarkable as a quick time event in a video game could be as blown out of proportion as it has in this thread.

What an event?
We hardcore 100%
Making it stick, Neogaf proudly presents
The real deal, how does it feel?
No special effects
Yank the chain off of your neck
Demand the respect

39430_big.jpg

PnCIa

It would be even better if you could pay respects by donating a dollar to some veteran organization from your credit card. Less DLC, more respects.

This is more embarrassing than that COD ghosts video last year where they hyped up fish moving away from you and the dog being able to move his jaw

Alienous

F.

That's code for giving you my respect.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Dude, that screenshot is compressed to hell and back. And it's probably from the PS4 version, which means it's either a Facebook or Twitter image.

Visuals are pretty damn good from what I've seen/read/heard.

Edit: Oh, there is a key prompt; I'm dumb
PS4 don't have an F?

Readingaid

Neo Member
I dont get it, i played through this sectionlast night and maybe its me but i dont think its funny or sad or anything really. You lot played Watch Dogs right? You can decimate a graveyard anf vault over gravestones. Sleeping dogs? Go nuts and do kung fu kicks if u want. But here you simply pay respects and somehow its newsworthy. Boggling.

Instro

Ugh the circlejerk in this thread is sickening. I forgot how ridiculous people act when it's cool to hate on something, I bet 9 out of 10 people in this thread haven't even seen the scene and I'm not sure why there was a thread created about it and even more ridiculous is that it's now at 9 pages?

Why would I have to play the game to laugh at some shitty throw away scene?

Tunahead

I can't in good conscience endorse this image, as it ignores the basic premise of the scene, which is that Dante failed to be the one to fill her dark soul with light. As such, the QTE there should be some impossibly fast fifty button sequence, or maybe one where it asks you to do something simple yet obviously impossible, like rotate the third analogue stick, or press L4.

DocSeuss

Why would I have to play the game to laugh at some shitty throw away scene?

Because it's not throwaway, it's actually the game's turning point, the incident where the protagonist meets up with Spacey Robot Dad and becomes his new robot son.

Honestly, I don't know how they could have done this better. I would like to see how someone could do this properly in a game, but the only thing that comes up is the heartrendingly melancholic motorcycle moment at the end of Thirty Flights of Loving.

What? How the fuck am I meant to Pay Respects then?

I think this is further proof that Sony is a terrible corporation. Don't even give you proper means to respect the dead. How horrible.

daniels

Sooo edgy
Ever since the stupid no russian mission cod is like this one annoying stupid friend in school that tries waaaayyyy to hard to act cool but he isnt fooling anyone with his charade.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

this thread isn't even really about AW anymore

Top Bottom