• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered now available for PS4, | Launches April 30 for Xbox One and PC

Mista

Banned

Publisher Activision and developer Infinity Ward have released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered for PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store. Xbox One and PC (Battle.net) versions will follow on April 30. Pre-orders for those versions are now available.

Here is an overview of the game, via Activision:
The game includes the full campaign with stunning high-definition visuals—up to 4K resolution and HDR support on console; and uncapped frame rate as well as ultrawide monitor support on PC.

Published by Activision, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered features improved texture resolution and detail, revamped animation, remastered audio, and much more.

In this famed experience, originally developed by Infinity Ward and now re-mastered by Beenox, players enlist as members of Task Force 141 and Tier 1 Operatives in a breathtaking series of missions to save the world from destruction. “Cliffhanger,” “Takedown,” “No Russian,” and more all return in this intense story experience.

Purchasing or pre-ordering Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered includes the “Underwater Demo Team Classic Ghost Bundle” for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which includes the UDT Ghost Operator skin inspired by the “The Only Easy Day… Was Yesterday” campaign level, two weapon blueprints, a weapon charm, new finishing move, voice quip, animated calling card, emblem, and two Battle Pass tier skips all for immediate access in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.

MW2R_UDT_Bundle_Preview.jpg

Gematsu

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
It seems that in the page description of download, the game requires Call of duty Modern Warfare or Call of Duty Warzone to play.

Does anyone notice that?

EDIT: misreading. It was for the extra content, didn't notice "*".

Last edited:

Strider311

What a dick move making this a timed exlusive now that everyone is stuck home. Was looking forward to playing this tonight on my PC guess I'll buy it when its on sale. Don't wanna support them by paying its full price for this.

Was really hoping this would release on PC today as well. Major bummer. I wonder if the Ghost bundle will be in the MW store today, at the least?
Edit: Looks like you get it with pre-purchase.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
It seems that in the page description of download, the game requires Call of duty Modern Warfare or Call of Duty Warzone to play.

Does anyone notice that?

E EDIT : misreading. It was for the extra content.
The page isn't up yet so I can't see it. Also maybe its only for MW2019 rewards

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Bit poor of them with the timed exclusive with what’s going on in the world at the moment. Lots of people stuck at home at the moment. Yeah I will get it on my PS4 tonight but bit shitty on everybody else

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Weird fucking shadow drop of one of the best selling shooters of all time.

I suspect this remaster has issues. Why not market it more, or give it to media to talk about and help increase sales? Bizarre move 🤔

maybe they’re hoping people will see it and buy it not realizing it’s just the campaign.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Weird fucking shadow drop of one of the best selling shooters of all time.

I suspect this remaster has issues. Why not market it more, or give it to media to talk about and help increase sales? Bizarre move 🤔

maybe they’re hoping people will see it and buy it not realizing it’s just the campaign.

I'm guessing maybe its because of russian scene(which is in the game)? Didn't people already used this scene to blame video-games for various real life situations?
Also I think it prevents "certain sites" to cancel culture the product.

Last edited:

TheMan

Really early, I know, but any impressions yet?

Close to pulling the trigger but if performance sucks then I wont...

Mista

Banned
What a dick move making this a timed exlusive now that everyone is stuck home. Was looking forward to playing this tonight on my PC guess I'll buy it when its on sale. Don't wanna support them by paying its full price for this.
They don’t care mate. Wheres the money? We’ll chase even if we have to crawl.

The game doesn't appear to have performance problems looking at few reviews, shadow drop seems to be because of the lack of multiplayer and not to detract attention from the main game + warzone. The maps will be added on the most recent game instead.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Why do Sony moneyhat timed excusivity like this and FFVII remake when they have all these magical first-party devs?
Makes the PlayStation more attractive to potential buyers. Nothing wrong with it but when Xbox do these things people go mad

Dabaus

Banned
Sony and activision literally have blood on their hands. People are dying from Chorana chan and these bastards signed a deal like this months before any of this happened to keep content AWAY from people at a time like this????! GAMERS RISE UP!

Sony/Activision just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Call of Duty culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Call of Duty, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the Call of duty public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Modern Warfare 2 remastered for PS4, nor will they purchase any of Activison's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Activison/SONY has alienated an entire market with this move.

Activision/SONY, publicly apologize and cancel Modern Warfare 2 remastered for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I wasn't even going to buy this today but this timed exclusive crap like this is scummy.

No announcement, no warning just boom, it's available now, just not on that platform you would have wanted it on.

Spend money funding proper exclusives that wouldn't be made without you doing so or buying studios, or on your own 1st party devs. Not pointless shit like this.

Daffy Duck

I’m salty as hell I have to wait until April 30th to play it, but I fully understand the reason why.

At least I can get the ghost skin in MW2019 now.

Droxcy

Activision doesn't give a shit about a global pandemic they could've really capitalized on releasing it on all platforms and buying out the currently deal with that money.

PsyEd

Why on the weakest hardware first? I'm like...should I enjoy this on the comfy couch with Dolby Atmos on X1X or everything dialled up on my 2080ti rig. Guess I have like 4 weeks to think about it :messenger_expressionless:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I'm guessing maybe its because of russian scene(which is in the game)? Didn't people already used this scene to blame video-games for various real life situations?
Also I think it prevents "certain sites" to cancel culture the product.
Maybe. Is it confirmed “No-Russian” is even still in the game? 🤔

Last edited:

CuNi

Sony will always win the console war because of deals like this. Exclusive content still works

They literally said this was signed before terms changed that content needs to drop on all platforms at the same time, so expect more "all platforms" releases in the future.
Everything is rather going in the "simultaneous" release direction than in the "more timed exclusives" direction.

On Topic:
Honestly, I would've had a worse time waiting for this to release on PC if they would have used the "Till I collapse" trailer from back then.
Damn that shit still hypes me up every time I see it.

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Sony will always win the console war because of deals like this. Exclusive content still works
Yep, Phil lost his balls when he said he wouldnt do these deals. Mean while he should realise as a husiness man these deals are attractive to the consumer and = more profits

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Sony moneyhats at full swing first 3 months of Control DLC and now this. Why are they scared when people ejaculate/squirt when there is a "PS4 exlusive" mentioned.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
haha pretty fucking classy that they launch 1 month earlier on psn

then again i aint DLing 50gb when sony gimped euro servers no thank you

Top Bottom