• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Beta |OT| This Beta be Gud

BigLee74

Can't believe people think Ground War is a Battlefield killer? They play nothing like each other. Ground War is what it is — COD gameplay on a bigger map with more folk.

Still plenty of room for both.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Can't believe people think Ground War is a Battlefield killer? They play nothing like each other. Ground War is what it is — COD gameplay on a bigger map with more folk.

It's because Battlefield has turned to shit in the latest entries, and that's why it's a Battlefield killer.

Why I don't game on PC..... one of the many reasons.
Not saying PC gaming is bad, just doesn't suit me.

I played on pc the most of my life, and while there can be downs, it's often related to user faults. I haven't really experienced any issues with windows 10, nor did I with windows 7 before that.

I had more issues with my consoles than with my pc.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned

Nobody is sane to say this. GW is alright but it has a long way to reach BF level

Justin9mm

Played on Pro last weekend and Played on X this weekend.. X has it over Pro with sharper picture and better HDR implementation.. Fps performance was virtually the same but noticed a few extra bugs in the X version.. Froze a couple times during intense scenes with multiple enemies but quickly resumed a couple secs later. Def pick this up for X over the Pro. I'm a Sony fanboy by nature but I love how I've carried my PSN name with my Level 20 from last weekend over to the X through Activision account. Did not expect that!

Mista

Banned
Played on Pro last weekend and Played on X this weekend.. X has it over Pro with sharper picture and better HDR implementation.. Fps performance was virtually the same but noticed a few extra bugs in the X version.. Froze a couple times during intense scenes with multiple enemies but quickly resumed a couple secs later. Def pick this up for X over the Pro. I'm a Sony fanboy by nature but I love how I've carried my PSN name with my Level 20 from last weekend over to the X through Activision account. Did not expect that!
Cross-play and cross-progression are great. I just wish there’s an option to cross-play but not with PC

There isn't any HDR on Pro right now, my TV tells me when a game is using HDR.

RaptorGTA

Glad they increased the cap. Ground War has potential but its a mess right now. Besides the killstreaks the tanks feel terrible.

Overall, game is awesome. Took work off the day of release to play..and I havent done that since BF4.

Regarding cheaters on Battle.Net, Black Ops 4 had them now and again but they were quickly dealt with.

Make sure your report them by finding the player in the Social menu, recent players then right clicking on their name. MW has exactly the same reporting system as BO4.

johrav

Neo Member
I somehow love and hate ground war. It feels too messy and busy, too much kill streaks and too much tanks spawning.
and it’s really really hard to find cover.
Especially the ridge were tanks and snipers have access too doesn’t seem the smartest idea.

Bryank75

Banned
I somehow love and hate ground war. It feels too messy and busy, too much kill streaks and too much tanks spawning.
and it’s really really hard to find cover.
Especially the ridge were tanks and snipers have access too doesn’t seem the smartest idea.
That's their new philosophy , balanced maps are boring and power positions create more dynamic battles. Was in an interview a while back...
I can't really complain, suits my playstyle.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Love the game but my one concern is that when watching kill cam I'm seeing myself getting shot up long before I see it from my perspective when playing. Which is odd because I have a very fast fiber optic net connection.

DryvBy

Anyone doing crossplay with Xbox? My brother couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear him on Crossplay but everything else worked fine. He didn't have an option for crossplay audio in his options either.

Fake

Anyone doing crossplay with Xbox? My brother couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear him on Crossplay but everything else worked fine. He didn't have an option for crossplay audio in his options either.
32vs maps are forced crossplay even if you disable that feature.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Played a couple of more games today, and I really like it. A lot of fun, high paced.

What existing CoD is the best to play today when it comes to multiplayer only? I might just need something like this to play before release. I'm on PC, I might add (if it matters).

Played a couple of more games today, and I really like it. A lot of fun, high paced.

What existing CoD is the best to play today when it comes to multiplayer only? I might just need something like this to play before release. I'm on PC, I might add (if it matters).
I played a little bit of the first Black Ops on PC a couple of days prior to this beta, hardly any cheaters and a lot of servers with a healthy player base :D

Mista

Banned
What a damn great experience to play with my PS and PC friends. We had lots of fun and great laughs. Don’t know why people complain about the idea...

Maybe I need a new TV or glasses, or both, because I just don't get this kind of talk at all. The game basically looks like ass.

I'm playing on the one X on a oled tv. The game looks next gen no joke. If you are playing on a standard console I heard it looks fuzzy and not nearly as impressive. Having played all the CODs, this one finally gets HDR right.

What's ur tv and system? some poor picture settings could throw the whole look off as well

Ground War is fine but not great. Its a good step. The game looks good but not next gen, at least not on my base PS4. Battlefield 1 still the best fps out there.

Fake

Yes this thing is well known and nobody likes. If we can cross-play between consoles only I don’t mind that. Even better
Just a option to turn on/off and we're fine. But if Activision will use that feature as an excuse for not 'combat the cheaters', so hell no.

Catphish

I always buy CoD on PS4 because of the cheaters on PC.

Now it's crossplat, so PC cheaters will also be on consoles?

Am I understanding this right?

decisions

This game gets better the more I play it. Definitely excited and hope the beta helps them fix up some of the more obvious issues.

Only real balance change I hope they make is removing stopping power rounds. And juggernaut if there's something like that in there too I haven't seen yet.

Caffeine

few things that need to be ironed out, Hope they dont just rush ground war and balance it out more dont rush for release even if it drops a month later. get it right.

Last edited:

Crew 511A

The more I play it, the more I like it. I'm not sure if I like it enough to buy it though. It's not that it's a bad game, it just doesn't feel like COD to me. It feels like what a new Battlefield game would feel like if Dice didn't take the franchise out back and execute it.

Top Bottom