• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Beta |OT| This Beta be Gud

The problem with the M13 is that its accuracy is tanked where as the AK-47 has better acc and stopping power. But if you can control the acc on the M13, it's a hell of a gun.
Let me ask you something. How is flinch calculated?

Is flinch the same no matter what gun you are shooting. Because it seems to be determined by your firerate + recoil

pokerlife

I don’t remember being this surprised or stunned by something that happened in gaming industry. Last time I played CoD was, what, 10 years ago with MW 2. Everything that came after was trash in my opinion. But now this!

For regular CoD players, did they hint they were going to do something like this? I really wasn’t following any CoD news for years. It came out of the blue, literally.

Day one buy for me if there ever was one. They really made CoD great again, amazing.
Same here guys! I am older gamer and loving it. Lets just hope all the people complaining on reddit dont get the game changed to much. They are upset that they can not run and gun and chase red dots on the minimap.
They are also all crying about the time to kill is to fast. I think its perfect.
They also hate the maps lol I think this game was made for the old school crowd

Thabass

Let me ask you something. How is flinch calculated?

Is flinch the same no matter what gun you are shooting. Because it seems to be determined by your firerate + recoil

At times it felt like it didn't happen as much because I was still getting my frags because I was able to keep my acc. It's especially noticeable with rifle guns I think. Either that or I'm just not as good with normal rifles than with ARs.

It also might have to do with your attachments too. The better the grips / opitcs may help too.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

I think this game is interesting and I'll keep my preorder because there's nothing quite like it coming out this Fall. But this is not the return of MW.

MW is using situational awareness on convoluted but readable maps to organically alternate between frantic gunfights and moments of tension. Your announcer and faction music set the aesthetic tone, and it's raining score points as the game refuses to let you ignore you've leveled up or completed challenges. It was the crack addiction to micro-accomplishments, even when you're losing the match, that kept you queuing into the next match as a Civ player waits for the next turn.

I watched CoD slowly regress away from its winning formula for no apparent reason over the course of this generation. The courtyards and offices of Counter-Strike gave way to the closets and hallways of Black Ops. Although MW brings back the verticality and asymmetry, the cluttered design makes this a fundamentally different game. It really feels like what Battlefield would be if DICE actually put more effort polishing the Infantry-only maps. It reminds me of the tacked-on Medal of Honor 2010 multiplayer that awkwardly straddled the line between the two series. I'm not saying this is BAD, I'm actually bullish that it might end up being really good. But it's not the unremorseful celebration of the series and its roots that players like me were hoping and needing it to be.

It makes me hopeful DICE will have a return to form with the next Battlefield or, ideally, Bad Company, EA's original solution to pull people away from MW. Unfortunately ,the most intriguing aspect of Modern Warfare 2019 is speculating how DICE will respond.
Would love a new battlefield bad company game.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Old boomer here, I did like the beta, only played with a minimap, it played a bit slower than the old games, but for all this talk of a reboot, it's still COD, it's still MW, you know what you're getting.

It's good though.

Neolombax

The gameplay feel really really good, the sound for each weapon is very satisfying to hear, the feedback from shooting is great. This game really feels like a step up compared to the few previous COD games, especially the recent BLOPS games. But I'm going to wait for a month or two, just to see how Activision is going to sink their teeth into this game with microtransactions.

Fake

How I miss those scopes. The first scope from Maverik is IMO the best all around. Using in every weapon.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I have to wait for the Xbox beta, but you guys who played it, in your opinion which automatic assault rifle or LMG has the best combo of reasonable recoil, power, range?

That's the one I'll stick to. No odd guns for me. Just gimme a gun with all-around average specs.

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Is no scope or quick scope sniping a thing in this game?

Dear god please say no.

Last edited by a moderator:

GenericUser

Next weekend will be the huge party.
You xbros better get your asses ready for some intense spanking

I have to wait for the Xbox beta, but you guys who played it, in your opinion which automatic assault rifle or LMG has the best combo of reasonable recoil, power, range?

That's the one I'll stick to. No odd guns for me. Just gimme a gun with all-around average specs.

Depends. Some people say the M1A4 is OP, but I actually prefer the AK47 assault rifle. I just like the vertical recoil pattern more and the fact that it seems to have a higher damage per second output then the M1A4. If you add a angled grip to the AK47, it becomes a laser gun with virtually no horizontal recoil.

Last edited:

Zoanoid33

Realism mode was pretty awesome. Hoping that you can filter it for every game mode. Realism ground war might take me back to hardcore BF3 days.
I still don't like the abuse of jumping and how you can ads mid air but I guess they have to cater a bit to the newer COD crowd.

Shmunter

You xbros better get your asses ready for some intense spanking

Depends. Some people say the M1A4 is OP, but I actually prefer the AK47 assault rifle. I just like the vertical recoil pattern more and the fact that it seems to have a higher damage per second output then the M1A4. If you add a angled grip to the AK47, it becomes a laser gun with virtually no horizontal recoil.
Xbros gonna be crying at our ps4 practiced feet. Gonna be a teabag party.

Too bad I’m out of town to join the slapping.

Jokes aside, wouldn’t it be fun if Infinity Ward makes ps4 vs Xbox events? The shit talk would be legendary. The online discussions Biblical.

Last edited:

GenericUser

Jokes aside, wouldn’t it be fun if Infinity Ward makes ps4 vs Xbox events? The shit talk would be legendary. The online discussions Biblical.
I'll leave everybody unmuted on the weekend to enjoy some good old fashioned console warrior shittalk.

I'm feeling like this is as good as CoD MP has ever been... which means I'd still rather be playing Counter-Strike or Battlefield, but this is certainly addictive. Though they fix most the issues the MP has had for me since well... World at War the last one I enjoyed in competitive... they're never going to change how quickly you die and that's always what affects it for me, is some people have extreme reflexes and I like there to be more to how good I do than just how fast I react.

Mista

Banned
How does cross-play work?

1. You can Opt in, or Opt out:

In Modern Warfare, players can choose to enable crossplay, allowing players to play with friends on all three supported platforms, so the game offers an opt-in choice.

2. A COD Account is Needed:

Remember, you will need a COD Account to play Modern Warfare, if you don’t have one already you can create one here.

3. Matchmaking and Balancing:

In Modern Warfare, crossplay has been designed to factor play balancing across differences in controller type. No one should feel an unfair advantage. Plus, players have choices on which control device they wish to use on any platform. Here are some examples you may experience:

· You can decide to use keyboard and mouse on PlayStation® 4 or Xbox One.

· You can decide to use a controller on PC.

· PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC players can all play against each other, provided they all utilize controllers, or all utilize KBM (a keyboard and mouse).

· You can place into a lobby where there are no control scheme filters, allowing you to play with players using both controllers and/or KBM across up to all three supported platforms.

Plus, with the addition of crossplay, we anticipate that players should look forward to even shorter lobby wait times.

4. Adding your Friends and Gathering Parties:

Using your COD Account, you are able to create cross-platform Friends lists and Parties from all three supported platforms. This unites the community by removing barriers, creating platform-agnostic friend groups. Are you a PS4 player with friends on Xbox One and PC, for example? Now you can organize parties and jump into matches with your friends, easily and quickly regardless of platform!

5. Crossplay Applicable Modes:

Crossplay supports all multiplayer modes in Modern Warfare. There are no plans currently to support Ranked Play or competitive tournaments.

These are just a few of the highlights. Today at 10AM PDT, Infinity Ward developers will go even deeper on the ins and outs of crossplay gameplay live via stream. You can tune in here.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'm excited, and I'm gonna get it for pc since it shouldn't die out bcus of cross play.

Then again, I fear that XO and PS4 players opt out cross play because kb and mouse easily owns controller.

And I doubt that many put keyboard and mouse into your console even though it's possible

i actually think its gonna be the opposite to be honest...technical aspects aside between the console versions i have found Bo4/BFV players on xbox to be more of a challenge than on ps4...not sure if its due to the extra amount of tards on ps4
but i regular jump between consoles in a night and completely clean up on ps4 after being on xbox

Gonna be good :)

Fake

i actually think its gonna be the opposite to be honest...technical aspects aside between the console versions i have found Bo4/BFV players on xbox to be more of a challenge than on ps4...not sure if its due to the extra amount of tards on ps4
but i regular jump between consoles in a night and completely clean up on ps4 after being on xbox

Dunno about keyboard/mouse, but Xbox controllers are usally better than Dualshock at least playing first person shooter game. I still don't tested the Xbox One joystick yet, but with my experience playing BF3 or L4D2 on Xbox 360 is great.

Elite would be a huge difference imo.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cool. Thanks. AK-47 with laser recoil? Done. I usually avoid these guns because they always have recoil in games, but I'll test it out and add grip.

Shmunter

Damn, gonna have to get some practice in then. There’s brand pride on the line here.

the only thing i do hope they do is seperate the mouse and keyboard players....i know there are xim players but you cant compete against a PC mouse and keyboard

Caffeine

oh ye preload is up on pc.

zDm3UuS.png

Top Bottom