• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Beta |OT| This Beta be Gud

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
ea51ejcx4aarox-vvj3o.png

Thought I I'd make a thread as there don't seem to be one!
Anyway post your impressions
So far I'd say
EcstaticAnchoredFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

So far I'm really liking the levels. It's a lot more chaos than I expected though. Fast paced like most CODs. I hoped for a bit more rainbow six siege, but I know most people would say then go play that. Not a big fan of the guns that they put in the beta, but I know there are a ton in the regular game. I've only stopped playing for a few minutes but I'm about to go back and play again and I feel like that's a good sign

Last edited:

Yu Furealdo

I'm enjoying the beta a lot except for team deathmatch... also some of the guns suck.

So far I'm really liking the levels. It's a lot more chaos than I expected though. Fast paced like most CODs. I hoped for a bit more rainbow six siege, but I know most people would say then go play that. Not a big fan of the guns that they put in the beta, but I know there are a ton in the regular game. I've only stopped playing for a few minutes but I'm about to go back and play again and I feel like that's a good sign

Search and Destroy should be interesting. Hopefully they have some other tactical gametypes that are R6-esque too.

Last edited:

TGO

Love that you can modify your weapons mid match (still have to wait for respawn though)
And the mount is great for corners
I've notice loads of little touches that makes a big difference.

Gamernyc78

Banned
This game feels so good, I wish all fps games had this movement, control and felt this way. Also graphics definitely a step up from the last two v two beta. Graphics are crisp and clean and no blurry shit like last beta.

Fake

The alpha was mix, but because 2x2 is little intense for me. Lets see if beta make me impress. And the game have a lot of guns too.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Hmm. Think it's only for digital copies. Pre-ordered the disc version from Amazon and I'm not seeing a code from them.

I ordered from Best Buy. Came with a digital tag. Redeemed tag code from Best Buy on MW Website, that vacation enlisted me for the beta. Later, the code came from the CoD Site, not Best Buy.

Justin9mm

Hmm. Think it's only for digital copies. Pre-ordered the disc version from Amazon and I'm not seeing a code from them.
That's their screw up.. The Closed Beta applied to all retail versions, physical and digital, I pre ordered through store for Xbox version and get it prnted on receipt. Pre-ordered online disc version(not through Amazon) and got code emailed from store.

TGO

They should have sent you code for playable Captain Price for BLOPS4 that you redeem on the Call of Duty website.
That enlists you for the beta and you should receive an email with the code.
If you already had the code and used it but not received the email with tee beta code go to the official website to the redeem page and it will say you've already redeemed it and underneath the beta code will be there
I ordered through GAME though and I had to contact them because they hadn't sent the email out for the Captain Price pre-order bonus.

Last edited:

Barakov

They should have sent you code for playable Captain Price for BLOPS4 that you redeem on the Call of Duty website.
That enlists you for the beta and you should receive an email with the code.
If you already had the code and used it but not received the email with tee beta code go to the official website to the redeem page and it will say you've already redeemed it and underneath the beta code will be there
I ordered through GAME though and I had to contact them because they hadn't sent the email out for the Captain Price pre-order bonus.
Oh yeah. THAT THING. I tried like hell trying to redeem that code. But the farthest I got was was an error message that said "platform not specified" or something to that effect. I'll just wait till Saturday. I'll have BL3 to tide me over. Thanks for the help anyway.

PSYGN

As a rusher, the maps feel a bit overwhelming with verticality everywhere and so many corridors to be aware of. The flank routes are also riskier than usual in a different way, as they are either really open or have sharp blind corners, obstacles to cross, and verticality to contend with. Not to mention it doesn't help that camos actually serve their purpose in this game instead of glowing like a unicorn like recent. So far the gameplay feels closer to the first MW/Ghosts to me, but certain attachments and guns make it feel more like MW2/MW3/BO2/BO3. The maps remind me a little of WWII free DLC maps.

Obviously the more we play the less chaotic the game will be and certain patterns and flows will surface. I hope we see some more slightly open maps.

INC

Runs like shit
Net code is horrific
The jump meta is real
The AA is so strong, its pathetic

Basically the same basic/boring cod game play

GenericUser

My thoughts after 3 hours and reaching lvl 10 (current level cap I suppose)

- announcer is annoying as hell, had to turn off all voices immediately
- editing load outs during gameplay is great
- game feels a lot slower then recent call of duty games, sprint speed seems to have been reduced significantly
- mounting weapons to surfaces or door frames is cool and useful in certain situations
- weapons have recoil again, smg's are not OP anymore - so it seems
- having grenades back is also welcome, everybody swapped them out for additional gun attachments in blops.
- having NO mini map by default is a godsend, it forces players to look at the game again and not only at the mini map.
- downtime between rounds is short (no need for it anyway, since you can edit your class in game now), you spent a lot of time playing and not much time waiting
- maps are ok-ish, nothing exceptional, nothing horribly bad either

all in all a solid experience, I think I'll buy the full game once it's available.

My goto class at the moment is:

AK47 + Muzzle Break + Solozero Optics Mini Reflex +angled foregrip + perk fully loaded
Perks: double time, high alert and shrapnel
Secondary: anti air missiles

Woah that sounds bad.

I play on pro in 1080P and the image looks a lot cleaner then the 2vs2 beta a couple of weeks ago. The vaseline effect seems to have been reduced. I also have zero complaints on the performance side, it appears to run in 60fps all the time.

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

I think I'm going to have to pre-order, this one sounds too good pass up based on early impressions. See you guys in the XBOX Beta!

Bryank75

Banned
I'm ok at the cave's map but every other map it feels like enemies spawn behind me all the time and I just get shot in the back so much. Also seems like I have to shoot someone a lotfor them to go down but if I get hit with one or two bullets I am usually down.....
Dunno if that is net code or what gun they are using or just where they shoot or luck....

INC

My thoughts after 3 hours and reaching lvl 10 (current level cap I suppose)

- announcer is annoying as hell, had to turn off all voices immediately
- editing load outs during gameplay is great
- game feels a lot slower then recent call of duty games, sprint speed seems to have been reduced significantly
- mounting weapons to surfaces or door frames is cool and useful in certain situations
- weapons have recoil again, smg's are not OP anymore - so it seems
- having grenades back is also welcome, everybody swapped them out for additional gun attachments in blops.
- having NO mini map by default is a godsend, it forces players to look at the game again and not only at the mini map.
- downtime between rounds is short (no need for it anyway, since you can edit your class in game now), you spent a lot of time playing and not much time waiting
- maps are ok-ish, nothing exceptional, nothing horribly bad either

all in all a solid experience, I think I'll buy the full game once it's available.

My goto class at the moment is:

AK47 + Muzzle Break + Solozero Optics Mini Reflex +angled foregrip + perk fully loaded
Perks: double time, high alert and shrapnel
Secondary: anti air missiles

I play on pro in 1080P and the image looks a lot cleaner then the 2vs2 beta a couple of weeks ago. The vaseline effect seems to have been reduced. I also have zero complaints on the performance side, it appears to run in 60fps all the time.

I'm also on a pro, and its jittery as futck when panning
Personally looks worse than 2v2
No minimap is irrelevant because the uav is constantly up, so its basically who can keep a uav up the longest, who wins

I think I'm going to have to pre-order, this one sounds too good pass up based on early impressions. See you guys in the XBOX Beta!

Remember you don't need to preorder if you're still on the fence, you just get early access and more time if you do. It's open to absolutely everyone 21st as long as you have XBL Gold..

untitled.png

Last edited:

GenericUser

I'm also on a pro, and its jittery as futck when panning
Personally looks worse than 2v2
No minimap is irrelevant because the uav is constantly up, so its basically who can keep a uav up the longest, who wins

I cannnot confirm these technical issues in my end, sorry.

Top Bottom