• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Beta |OT| This Beta be Gud

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Can i not use my own gamertag or psn id? Igot some shit user name i made up on the COD account ages ago.

Caffeine

Can i not use my own gamertag or psn id? Igot some shit user name i made up on the COD account ages ago.
u have to go to the cod account site login and go to account management.
mr3tWES.png

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Played my first cross play game against kb+m
Can't say I could tell the difference, they still lost. 😂

Thabass

The 32 mode is this weekend right?

Yes.

m7ElN0P.jpg

Oh yeah. Feels good on PC too. At first it was kinda stuttering, but then realized I didn't have my FPS set at 144FPS. Once I fixed it, things went right again.

But Jesus Christ those respawns need to be fixed. I guess that will come in the final build.

Tesseract

Banned
respawns have been shit in call of duty for almost 10 years, don't expect much change

they were LAUGHABLY bad in black ops 4, like among the worst ever

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Game too loud and footsteps audio is garbage.
Really?
I thought the audio is great, I can really pin point where gun fire us coming from and hear players running around.
You using a surround set up?

Reactions: 888

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Ran into an aimbotter on PC as well.

Was using a sniper rifle and watching kill cam makes it no doubt he was head shotting everyone instantly.

Finished something like 53-2

Mista

Banned
Really?
I thought the audio is great, I can really pin point where gun fire us coming from and hear players running around.
You using a surround set up?
With the too loud game sound how can you even hear footsteps? Lots of people have the same complaint

I use Astro A50 and haven’t had a problem with any other game. Even Black Ops 4 I can hear everything even a magazine hitting the floor after a reload

I’m not saying the sounds isn’t great, they’re phenomenal but footsteps aren’t that clear as it should be

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Ok, I'm in Australia and at work now, servers would of gone online 3am last night local time. I already played on my Pro last weekend but have installed it on my X with early access. Can anyone comment on the performance and visual difference having played both? I loaded it up and set my HDR and Brightness and automatically noticed the sound through my surround sound is noticeably better with the backgrond music in the menu and it seemed the image quality looked sharper but have yet to play as servers weren't up at the time.

Justin9mm

Is the frame rate really bad for anyone else? I’m running it on Xbox One X and it seems it stuttering big time.
Sounds like Server issues with Xbox. I think Crossplay is going to bring a few issues at the start. I was playing on my Pro last weekend and did not have this issue. I have it installed on my X and this worries me as I'm trying to decide which version to get and it won;t help if this is happening.

Joyful

lol this game is pretty good
the crossplay shit talk is next level

honestly i like cyber attack mode the best. its 5v5 with one life but you can be respawned.
gunfight is pretty neat 2v2 as well

The maps have a lot more options than old 3 lane design.
you can go over most walls and make jumps from rooftops to rooftops and shit i dont think most people have figured this out yet.

i dunno if i wanna drop 60$ for it but id pay 40ish. at least i know the pc version will last thanks to crossplay.

Last edited:

kingwingin

With the too loud game sound how can you even hear footsteps? Lots of people have the same complaint

I use Astro A50 and haven’t had a problem with any other game. Even Black Ops 4 I can hear everything even a magazine hitting the floor after a reload

I’m not saying the sounds isn’t great, they’re phenomenal but footsteps aren’t that clear as it should be
Have you tried changing the audio settings? There are like 10 pre sets and I tried headphone 3 and all I can hear are people stomping around

Justin9mm

lol this game is pretty good
the crossplay shit talk is next level

honestly i like cyber attack mode the best. its 5v5 with one life but you can be respawned.
gunfight is pretty neat 2v2 as well

The maps have a lot more options than old 3 lane design.
you can go over most walls and make jumps from rooftops to rooftops and shit i dont think most people have figured this out yet.

i dunno if i wanna drop 60$ for it but id pay 40ish. at least i know the pc version will last thanks to crossplay.
Must be all the PC and Xbox ppl who haven't figured out the rooftops because the PS4 bros last weekend def did! lol

had a few rounds on teh x1x..dont think crossplay between ps4 is up but i can see plenty of pc users
game looks a little sharper than the ps4 pro version and the HDR does not seem as broken as it seemed to me on pro...i think it was the same sort of issue that RDR2 had on pro

mouse and keyboard straight up on a console is certainly different...going to go back and see if i can do this on the pro

Collz69

Waiting on my Amazon pre-order Beta Code, says code arrives within 24 hours, hope it gets here soon or my Friday nights ruined!

Last edited:

Fake

had a few rounds on teh x1x..dont think crossplay between ps4 is up but i can see plenty of pc users
game looks a little sharper than the ps4 pro version and the HDR does not seem as broken as it seemed to me on pro...i think it was the same sort of issue that RDR2 had on pro

mouse and keyboard straight up on a console is certainly different...going to go back and see if i can do this on the pro
Funfact: When you find a match, in the right of your nickname is display your current plataform and if you're using joypad or keyboard/mouse. Icons actually.

People are complaining about the audio? Maybe my sound system is just great but the audio is so good I know where people are approaching from even without headphones

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
People are complaining about the audio? Maybe my sound system is just great but the audio is so good I know where people are approaching from even without headphones
It’s weird. I’m reading mix impressions about the matter. Some say we can’t hear (like me) and some say they can hear fine. Which makes me believe it’s a bug maybe

Other sounds in general is straight up mad! Gun sounds, streaks, explosions and everything else is phenomenal

Fake

Sometimes work. Maybe they patch up in the final build, but I found some inconsistences in audio general. Big explosions with no sound, door kicked with no sound, etc...

Caffeine

It’s weird. I’m reading mix impressions about the matter. Some say we can’t hear (like me) and some say they can hear fine. Which makes me believe it’s a bug maybe

Other sounds in general is straight up mad! Gun sounds, streaks, explosions and everything else is phenomenal
it could be a client side bug as you state I recall ww2 had something like this 2 years ago.

Sometimes work. Maybe they patch up in the final build, but I found some inconsistences in audio general. Big explosions with no sound, door kicked with no sound, etc...
yes there has been many door slam open no sound I've even teleported through a door.

Last edited:

AlexinChains87

Neo Member
this is a far shot to ask but I was under the impression that the open beta was today, I have PS4 but my 3 other friends have xbox, we were going to leave work early to play but they don't have beta codes, anyone have any extras for xbox? 3 is a lot to ask, I know. Thanks in advance

Top Bottom