• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Beta |OT| This Beta be Gud

Thabass

this is a far shot to ask but I was under the impression that the open beta was today, I have PS4 but my 3 other friends have xbox, we were going to leave work early to play but they don't have beta codes, anyone have any extras for xbox? 3 is a lot to ask, I know. Thanks in advance

Try asking in here.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Astro A50
Can't really comment, not a fan headphones so I don't use them.
Might be the core of the problem though.
whatever sound is being sent to them obviously isn't delivering a same experience as an actual surround sound system.

Mista

Banned
Can't really comment, not a fan headphones so I don't use them.
Might be the core of the problem though.
whatever sound is being sent to them obviously isn't delivering a same experience as an actual surround sound system.
Whats the core problem? My Astro?

So a few streams I've watched keep complaining about the sound and lack of footsteps? Any verification on this? I know it's beta, but that still sucks if true.

Fake

Flat
With no compression and no adjustments made to the mastering EQ, the flat audio mix is the one used by the Audio Team as the reference mix. When played at 75 dB, this is the “gold standard” when it comes to how the game should sound. In short, if you want to play the game loud and with the full dynamic range, this is the audio mix to select.
Keep in mind, while this is the most “pure” sounding mix, the speakers you are using (headset, home theater setup, TV speakers, etc.) ultimately determine how the audio mix is represented.
NOTE: This was the audio mix default in the 2v2 Alpha
Infinity Ward Mix
The Infinity Ward Mix does include a small bit of compression however it isn’t much different from the Flat mix. With a small boost in the lower end and a slight cut in the higher frequencies, this mix adds shape and some color to the sound along with slight compression. This mix sounds best at 65dB, slightly louder than the Flat mix.
NOTE: This is the default audio selection in the Beta
Headphone 1/2/3
The various headphone mixes were created with the wide array of different headsets available to players. As you try out each mix, you’ll notice that each mix has some sort of compression and it varies depending on which mix you select. For instance, Headphone 1 has less compression compared to Headphone 3.
TV 1/2/3
Like headphones, there are many different types of TV sets with even more varied speaker configurations. As such, the team created three different mixes that span different types of TV speakers (small, large, side mounted, etc).

Last edited:

TGO

Whats the core problem? My Astro?
No the mix that's being sent to your Astro
If there was a problem with your headphones you'd notice it in other games.
I'm using Theater and it sounds fantastic.
But your having problems because the audio isn't reproducing the audio correctly for your headphones.

Last edited:

It’s weird. I’m reading mix impressions about the matter. Some say we can’t hear (like me) and some say they can hear fine. Which makes me believe it’s a bug maybe

Other sounds in general is straight up mad! Gun sounds, streaks, explosions and everything else is phenomenal

Im using the infinity ward mix on my pc but on PS4 I was doing the theatrical and I thought it sounded great on my system.

Fake

"Remember, any one of these presets should give you a great experience playing Modern Warfare. If the audio sounds “off” right out of the box, try one of these other presets and see which one fits your audio setup best.

A good rule of thumb when selecting the right mix is to “tune” to the sound of a weapon firing. Since these are usually the loudest objects in the game, the peaks can function as an “marker” to judge other sounds by.

Is the dialogue too loud, but everything else sound great? Don’t forget that just under the Audio Mix settings, there are a few sliders to make your own custom mix. If you are feeling a bit nostalgic, check out the Classic hit marker sound or go full “Realism” and turn off hit marker sound effects all together. "
12_-_Audio_Options.png

Fake

Really dislike Azhir's cave so far, can't seem to do well on it. Map feels too cramped and the cave itself is a haven for campers.
Too be fair all maps have campers set. Azhir's cave is a mix bag because while in the cave most of those people like camping at least killstreak became less annoying inside the cave.

Mista

Banned
No the mix that's being sent to your Astro
If there was a problem with your headphones you'd notice it in other games.
I'm using Theater and it sounds fantastic.
But your having problems because the audio isn't reproducing the audio correctly for your headphones.
This might be it yeah. I even tried to update my headset just incase but it was already up to date. Thanks for your time bro
Im using the infinity ward mix on my pc but on PS4 I was doing the theatrical and I thought it sounded great on my system.
I might try that again even though I already did try them all yesterday. Definitely going to give infinity ward mix a try as soon as I get home. Thank you man

Caffeine

todays been pretty bad on the ping side for me yesterday I was getting 32 ping matches now almost every match is 126-168ms. I usually have 32-60ms in all the other cods on pc. same with csgo. everything on my end seems good must be on theirs.

Last edited:
Weird. I have an A50 and i can hear footsteps just fine. My friend has an A40. We were talking last night about how we could clearly hear footsteps and pinpoint the direction it's coming from.

Mista

Banned
Weird. I have an A50 and i can hear footsteps just fine. My friend has an A40. We were talking last night about how we could clearly hear footsteps and pinpoint the direction it's coming from.
Interesting. Me and my friends at the party were complaining about how we can’t hear footsteps but only one of the lads that said “I can hear it fine”

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I hooked up my A50 to the PC and suddenly there’s an update for the headset. Hopefully this fixes my only issue with the game so far

Mista

Banned
MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT IN FOOTSTEPS AUDIO AFTER UPDATING MY HEADSET FIRMWARE! I’M SORRY FOR WRITING IN CAPS LOCK BUT I’M HAPPY

Reactions: TGO

Caffeine

I can't play yet cause I don't have early access but the game launches now. Before I would just get an error message saying I need to update my OS. We'll see tomorrow if it works.

59RzFHH.jpg
their post says it should be live in under 3 hours the ingame message is old.
on reddit post
xdrude6q7sn31.jpg

TGO

I know the towers are PC's but what are the TV looking things?

I can't play yet cause I don't have early access but the game launches now. Before I would just get an error message saying I need to update my OS. We'll see tomorrow if it works.

59RzFHH.jpg
I will reinstall and give it a shot, apparently it works on every windows 1709 and above so it should be working on mine anyway (but it wasn't when I tried.)

Top Bottom