• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Beta |OT| This Beta be Gud

Tesseract

Banned
so far i don't like the ttk, i don't like the maps, the respawns are garbage, the hit registry is whack AF, the audio is seriously fucked on numerous levels

the movement however is almost perfect, some excellent advances in integrated systems (apex is still better tho)

Caffeine

Aaaaand uninstalled. I was hoping with a new engine they'd make a better anti cheat engine but as always cod devs are complete and utter idiots and PC platform is doomed to suffer like all previous games. Fuck this. Eat shit Activision.
ye they dont run any anti cheat during betas each ban is manual. I doubt an anti cheat would honestly do anything the dudes that make cheats update hourly.

so far i don't like the ttk, i don't like the maps, the respawns are garbage, the hit registry is whack AF, the audio is seriously fucked on numerous levels

the movement however is almost perfect, some excellent advances in integrated systems (apex is still better tho)
and we dont even have stopping power rounds unlocked yet which will drop people faster.

Last edited:

Fake

Thank god I still don't get anyone on PS4 using cheater.
God bless the crossplay turn off button.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I really haven’t played their previous games on PC but I was just saying. Ignorance has nothing to do with anything🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm sorry, I'm just pissed. I get it it's a beta and they could not implement an anti-cheat, with a huge maybe in there, but they couldnt even set up some basic encryption or whatever its called? "New" engine and already we see rampant cheats within minutes?

Mista

Banned
I'm sorry, I'm just pissed. I get it it's a beta and they could not implement an anti-cheat, with a huge maybe in there, but they couldnt even set up some basic encryption or whatever its called? "New" engine and already we see rampant cheats within minutes?
No worries. Unfortunately that’s a wide issue on PC. Is there a game that actually implemented a perfect anti-cheat?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
No worries. Unfortunately that’s a wide issue on PC. Is there a game that actually implemented a perfect anti-cheat?

I dont know. Maybe LoL? I dont remember cheaters running wild in that game when I played it ages ago. Not sure how it is now but anyway hope dies last I guess. I suppose I was hoping cods new engine and crossplay support somehow forced them to make some amazing anti-cheat. Maybe when it launches we'll all be surprised. Highly doubtful but whatever.

Last edited:

kingwingin

I cant get over how good this game is. Night vision mode is something else. I think I'm going to be shelving gears 5 once this drops.

FatalT1

Banned
I'm actually hoping they restrict crossplay to input I wouldnt mind playing with xbox controller on pc.

That’s exactly how it works and you can check it out right now because they decided to say “Screw you” to everyone who pre-ordered for the two-day early access and opened it up to everyone. Look for them to do the same thing with the price like they did with Black Ops 4 too! It’ll be on sale for $40 after a month, might as well wait on it.

Ground War was just enabled and holy hell, it’s something else. This game engine is definitely not meant for this many people. Blackout worked so I guess it’ll take another 5 generations of CoD for them to get this new engine working with this many people.

Shmunter

I just ran into a fucking cheater on PC.

WTF
Can console player filter out the master race while keeping console cross play?

I hope we don’t have to sacrifice the entire cross principle and multiplayer integrity just because of the wild Wild West of pc.

Last edited:
Aaaaand uninstalled. I was hoping with a new engine they'd make a better anti cheat engine but as always cod devs are complete and utter idiots and PC platform is doomed to suffer like all previous games. Fuck this. Eat shit Activision.

So this is where cross platform is "dead on arrival" especially PC scum exploiters? Safe to say and avoid headache by disabling cross platform lobby's? But I really want to play with PS4 broskis 😞 ( and they won't allow you disabling individual platform..yet , I hope)

Edit: I'm on the X

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
ya i'm not too impressed by what i'm seeing here

as stated earlier, the ttk is bad, the streaks have no reasonable counters, audio is all over the place, netcode feels pretty wonky (registration too), maps are downright bad

understandably they're back to basics here, but i think they might've gone too far the other way

Last edited:
ya i'm not too impressed by what i'm seeing here

as stated earlier, the ttk is bad, the streaks have no reasonable counters, audio is all over the place, netcode feels pretty wonky (registration too), maps are downright bad

understandably they're back to basics here, but i think they might've gone too far the other way

I'm more mad about TTD than TTK. Most streaks have the counter of getting indoors, I've found. Audio has been amazing for me. Haven't noticed much wonky netcode but it does have what all CoD games have where the kill came shows the enemy shooting me way more times than I registered and taking longer to kill me than it actually seemed. Maps are great, tbh, maybe not at the level of Modern Warfare but the contrast between these maps and the prior 4-5 entries is huge.

Tesseract

Banned
I'm more mad about TTD than TTK. Most streaks have the counter of getting indoors, I've found. Audio has been amazing for me. Haven't noticed much wonky netcode but it does have what all CoD games have where the kill came shows the enemy shooting me way more times than I registered and taking longer to kill me than it actually seemed. Maps are great, tbh, maybe not at the level of Modern Warfare but the contrast between these maps and the prior 4-5 entries is huge.

yeah, i tend to tie ttk/ttd together but you're right, that's the more frustrating side of the equation

i'll play some more tomorrow and try to be observant of the audio and map design

kinda in a gnarly mood tonight tbh

Last edited:
yeah, i tend to tie ttk/ttd together but you're right, that's the more frustrating side of the equation

i'll play some more tomorrow and try to be observant of the audio and map design

kinda in a gnarly mood tonight tbh

Honestly audio is tough unless we all have the same setups, headphones are thought to be better but I've been doing surround sound and it's amazing at letting me pinpoint where a sound comes from. Even on headphones so many different brands. That you aren't the only one complaining certainly indicates some setups may have issues. It's also worth noting I haven't spent serious time in a CoD multiplayer in a decade and for all I know prior entries handled audio better, I played them on different setups to this one with less audio importance and only briefly.

With map design it just feels more complex than the three lanes the series has been doing ad nauseam for years. I will admit it has less big firefights than Modern Warfare had but it still feels more varied than before.

Helios

The gameplay is solid. I've also not had any audio issues.
Instead I've had my ping spike from ~30-40 to 200 for no reason. It might be my temp setup causing it, not sure. The interface is also quite annoying at times.

Played a bit last night. So far so good overall. Here are my thoughts, questions or wishes:

1. Hopethe crossplay feature will allow blocking individual platforms, also allow blocking of controller types.

2. Agree with others that audio is not quite right, and seems a bit hit and miss.

3. Ping. How do you check in game? I know it states when looking for games, seemed to be connecting to less than 25ms until late last night then it was going up when looking for games.

4. TTK seems a bit random, as usual with COD you seem to put quite a few hit markers on someone, for them to drop you with what feels like two hits, even killcam shows you hitting them before they kill you.

5. Loudouts in lobby is annoying, as it pulls you out loudouts screen back to lobby before you have saved your new loadout.

6. Maps are interesting, but hope for some that are open or have a few long sight lines for actually using the sniper properly.

7. Where is HDR on the ps4? My tv wasn't showing it as active and i couldn't find an option for it.

8. Would love a shooting range to test weapons and also to try the different controller configs etc.

Think might be a day 1 though for me, far better than the recent releases. Although I hope the inevitable loot boxes or what ever form of MTX does not hold back game altering weapons, perks etc.

WTF

Apparently, according to a recent study, one third of players on PC are cheaters.

As a PC gamer myself I can honestly say that in the majority of games cheating is getting way out of hand, the anti cheats
simply don't work very well it seems.

CS GO for example, I would say every second game there is a cheater and that's even in prime matchmaking.

Shmunter

So this is where cross platform is "dead on arrival" especially PC scum exploiters? Safe to say and avoid headache by disabling cross platform lobby's? But I really want to play with PS4 broskis 😞 ( and they won't allow you disabling individual platform..yet , I hope)

Edit: I'm on the X
We really need to be able to be more granular.

Reactions: TGO

Tesseract

Banned
Apparently, according to a recent study, one third of players on PC are cheaters.

As a PC gamer myself I can honestly say that in the majority of games cheating is getting way out of hand, the anti cheats
simply don't work very well it seems.

CS GO for example, I would say every second game there is a cheater and that's even in prime matchmaking.

what the fuck really, a third, there's no way that can be right, can it

goddamn that would explain some shit i've experienced in apex since launch

Helios

what the fuck really, a third, there's no way that can be right, can it
Yeah, I think the number is high but a third is way too much. I guess it depends on how that study was made. I used trainers in sp games when I was a kid. Does that count as cheating? Probably.

Once I dialed in my settings this game has unleashed that child like joy and excitement I haven't had in a long time. I think I'm going to be obsessed with this. A BR would put it over the edge lol

Tesseract

Banned

giphy.gif

Coflash

Playing on PC here, just finished with the beta. Every time I play a new COD I think back to this clip...

...then I wonder how these things aren't standard 12 years on. It's hard to get excited about it in its current state. Not only that, but the game is now so mechanically aligned with console versions that crossplay is possible. Hmm.

Anyway, based on the beta - skippity skip.

Last edited:

BitDust

WTF

Only one? You're lucky!!! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
At the moment I can't connect to any game since it's continuously crushing disconnecting CoD from Blizzard servers on PC, but from the few games I got every match was full of cheaters. You can clearly see them jumping from behind a wall and getting you right on the head on the fly. It doesn't matter what you do or how you move, straight headshots every time. This cheaters situation plagues every shooter and one that is really a mess is Battlefield V with at least 4/5 cheaters in every squad. In that case they use aimbot, wallhack and what's worst is that they have a cheat to shoot through walls. It doesn't matter where you get cover, you just die. I don't know how many times I died instantly spawning at my base when my screen still didn't load.

I honestly doubt that someone will find a working anticheat someday. Maybe on console is a bit safer.

Helios

Haven't found a cheater yet. If they were cheating, it was not obvious. At most I've seen a guy with 50 kills at the end of the match but I don't know if he was cheating.

Mista

Banned
Haven't found a cheater yet. If they were cheating, it was not obvious. At most I've seen a guy with 50 kills at the end of the match but I don't know if he was cheating.
I finished a game with 56 kills. It’s no biggie in CoD

Top Bottom