• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Beta |OT| This Beta be Gud

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Can you elaborate a little bit..? This is the mode where you clip a nail instant death? If so I'm a fan of this mode cuz ppl play more tactical.
It takes out the HUD elements including the ammo counter and targeting reticle. You have to aim from the hip more instinctively or use your scope.
Bullets also do more damage of course.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Oh you also don't see points pop up for kills in realistic mode. So if you're shooting at someone as they move behind something you have to be more careful because if you don't visually see his body drop he might not be dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thabass

Everyone get lvl 30 before beta is over?

I got to level 28 before I decided to stop playing before I burn myself out. I got a bunch of weapons to level 30 though.

Can't wait for the full game now and it's going to be an agonizing wait.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Yup or not as sensitive as you are. Aren't you the same one tht I responded to that said ps4 pro looks blurry? But on my low budget tcl 4K it looked sharp and good. You must have the real shit ps4pro or ass TV.
Yes you must be totally non sensitive if your'e saying you never noticed drops on Ground war. I was the one who said it looks blurry on my Pro and then someone tried to blame user's and their tv's. I basically said i'll see what my X is like when beta arrives on that. And guess what. Loads crisper. ON THE SAME TV. You must have really poor eyes. Or maybe you just got your Sony glasses on. lol

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Yes you must be totally non sensitive if your'e saying you never noticed drops on Ground war. I was the one who said it looks blurry on my Pro and then someone tried to blame user's and their tv's. I basically said i'll see what my X is like when beta arrives on that. And guess what. Loads crisper. ON THE SAME TV. You must have really poor eyes. Or maybe you just got your Sony glasses on. lol

Lol maybe u know you got tht hard on for tht green, now it's more than a coincidence your going on about two diff things on Sony side 😁 It's cool. Whatever floats your boat lol

Loads crisper you say?? Lol I bet

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Lol maybe u know you got tht hard on for tht green, now it's more than a coincidence your going on about two diff things on Sony side 😁 It's cool. Whatever floats your boat lol

Don't really know what mean going on about 2 diff things Sonys side, Ground war is shit framerate on both consoles. X is sharper than Pro. Should i lie and say it isn't ? drops to 1080p on Pro and it looks blurry compared to most my other pro games. Here's a comparison, not the best way to view but it is a lot sharper seeing it in the flesh than this video.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Don't really know what mean going on about 2 diff things Sonys side, Ground war is shit framerate on both consoles. X is sharper than Pro. Should i lie and say it isn't ? drops to 1080p on Pro and it looks blurry compared to most my other pro games. Here's a comparison, not the best way to view but it is a lot sharper seeing it in the flesh than this video.

Those comparisons dont help or show anything regardless if one is sharper than the other we all know resolution change does that. Again I have been playing on my pro and tht Vaseline blurryness you claim I did not see and my fps was not dropping much during ground war of course thts all up to my sensitivity to shit like that. Look at past posts I'm the one tht says tht Bloodborne framerate issues I'm not sensitive to. Like how much more clear do I need to make this just because I say I don't feel it doesn't mean it's not there I'm telling you how I experience it and perceive it. Not only tht you had many ppl also saying same thing. You want me to lie and tell you I only got 5 kills instead of my 26 bcus it was blurry and I couldn't see? 😂😂😂

Loads crisper? Where you see tht in tht vid lol????

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
The blurry war never end.
When i play games on my Pro and X, most are 1440p and above, so when you go back to 1080p on a 4k screen it does look blurry if your close enough and it takes me a while to adapt to it. To me anyway as i have really good eyes sight and a pretty good eye for detail.

Gamernyc78

Banned
When i play games on my Pro and X, most are 1440p and above, so when you go back to 1080p on a 4k screen it does look blurry if your close enough and it takes me a while to adapt to it. To me anyway as i have really good eyes sight and a pretty good eye for detail.

There you go, even more so if you play on PC. Same way I would notice diff between ps4 og and Xbox og 900 p games. I hardly play my Xbox so I had no inclination to buy an X so I'm just looking at my ps4 pro cod and enjoying it and it was crisp to me.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Those comparisons dont help or show anything regardless if one is sharper than the other we all know resolution change does that. Again I have been playing on my pro and tht Vaseline blurryness you claim I did not see and my fps was not dropping much during ground war of course thts all up to my sensitivity to shit like that. Look at past posts I'm the one tht says tht Bloodborne framerate issues I'm not sensitive to. Like how much more clear do I need to make this just because I say I don't feel it doesn't mean it's not there I'm telling you how I experience it and perceive it. Not only tht you had many ppl also saying same thing. You want me to lie and tell you I only got 5 kills instead of my 26 bcus it was blurry and I couldn't see? 😂😂😂

Loads crisper? Where you see tht in tht vid lol????
Yeah whatever iv'e already said its not the best and is more visible in the flesh.
P.s never said anything about Vaseline.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
There you go, even more so if you play on PC. Same way I would notice diff between ps4 og and Xbox og 900 p games. I hardly play my Xbox so I had no inclination to buy an X so I'm just looking at my ps4 pro cod and enjoying it and it was crisp to me.

Ok so just because you say you don't see it that must mean it isn't for people with a good eye for detail and good vision.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Ok so just because you say you don't see it that must mean it isn't for people with a good eye for detail and good vision.

Bro I was telling you what I see when I play and feel, my other comments came after your little quips doubting me. And your little comment about Sony glasses don't put half a conversation and try to change the context. We grown ppl here. And yes tht "loads" crisper is hyperbolic.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is fun, but its rough like most IW games. Its definitely a better mp experience compared to ghosts and especially Infinite Warfare, but the ground war mode is just not fun. way too much of a clusterfuck. maybe a bit better if it was 40 players max.

the other modes are better. 10v10 in tdm and domination is actually kinda fun but again map design leads to way too many deaths because someone just gets you from behind.

the gunplay and graphics are sublime. i really hope treyarch uses this engine next year.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Bro I was telling you what I see when I play and feel, my other comments came after your little quips doubting me. And your little comment about Sony glasses don't put half a conversation and try to change the context. We grown ppl here. And yes tht "loads" crisper is hyperbolic.
Well it is to me especially in motion. I can understand the Bloodbourne one but Ground War, that was terrible. Why did you just not buy a standard Ps4 if your'e not sensitive to framerate/rez?

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Well it is to me especially in motion. I can understand the Bloodbourne one but Ground War, that was terrible. Why did you just not buy a standard Ps4 if your'e not sensitive to framerate/rez?
[/QUOTE

I have both ps4s and a 4k TV it just makes sense. Also I'm not as sensitive as others but doesn't mean I don't want to try to get the best on Sony side. Only reason I didbt get an X is because theur eco system doesn't draw me but I have an S and played Gears just fine.

nullpoynter

Does anyone know if private party chat is supported? When I was in a private party I could still hear other players talking from time to time. If I have to I'll just use the Xbox app on my PC when I play with my Xbox buddies, but this obviously isn't a solution for someone with PS4 friends.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
this is the first COD Game I will have bought Since MW3 and I only played the Campaign for that . I Liked Just about everything in this Beta except Ground War. that was a complete shit show. If you Cant do large Scale War Better then Battlefield Dont Bother and just stick to What you do best and spend the extra time Making your Game the best it can be

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
this is the first COD Game I will have bought Since MW3 and I only played the Campaign for that . I Liked Just about everything in this Beta except Ground War. that was a complete shit show. If you Cant do large Scale War Better then Battlefield Dont Bother and just stick to What you do best and spend the extra time Making your Game the best it can be
I understand what you're saying about Ground War but it's not fair to expect them to top Battlefield at their own game in the first try. As long as they continue to work to improve it through updates, patches and expansions I'm willing to give them the time they need.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I understand what you're saying about Ground War but it's not fair to expect them to top Battlefield at their own game in the first try. As long as they continue to work to improve it through updates, patches and expansions I'm willing to give them the time they need.
I'm gonna give a try and I will play it since there is no modern battlefield this year but when I do go back and play BF3 and BF4 it just goes to highlight how far they need to go to get there. but honestly I am rooting for the to get it right. All games need competition and anything that makes both franchises strive to be better is better for us the gamers

Having played the beta, this will be the first Call of Duty I pick up in about 8 years. My biggest issue with the previous games was that the guns always felt and sounded like pellet shooters with really basic animations.

Looking forward to it.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Kinda meh it just feels like cod, I think I’ve grown out of cod games.

weird because I would have bought it day one if I didn’t play the beta

The game played well and the graphics looked good. I did think however that HDR on the xonex was too dark in indoor scenarios and a bit too bright outside. Could also be the dynamic tone mapping my TV does.
Anyway, turned HDR off and had loads of fun with the game. Looking forward to the release!

Top Bottom