• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Gunfight 4K Gameplay Officially Released

Mista

Banned

After last week's reveal of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's Gunfight mode, Infinity Ward has released another new video for the mode.

While all this footage does technically classify as “new,” there’s not anything crazy different, besides the lack of facecams and commentary. Still, it does a good job of showing off the mode, the weapons, the maps, and more in just almost six minutes.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Without the guys screaming at each other that made me want to throat punch them.

I am buying this game no matter just to support cross play and them killing off their traditional season pass.

Looks pretty good to me. Was tired of the future and past stuff.

No offense but its because people like you, the devs are confused as to what to produce anymore. Two years ago, people complained about the constant futuristic CODs, then they made ONE ww2 inspired game and before the years end people started saying how WW shooters are boring. That is why we got BLOPS 4 without a campaign. Now we are getting a reboot. If its not different enough, people will complain how devs are lazy and they went the easy way out.

I personally never had a problem with futuristic COD mainly becuase it was the most natural progression for the series. It was WW2 and slowly was going more and more into the future. I loved the direction of Infinite Warefare....that would of been an awesome new trilogy. But thanks to shareholders, now COD doesn't know what it is anymore. Again, im not blaming you as an individual but i mean people as a whole that have a similar opinion.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I enjoy BLOPS4 but I think my shooter future is Doom Eternal then Halo Infinite. I just don't play them constantly like when I was a teen.

Justin9mm

No offense but its because people like you, the devs are confused as to what to produce anymore. Two years ago, people complained about the constant futuristic CODs, then they made ONE ww2 inspired game and before the years end people started saying how WW shooters are boring. That is why we got BLOPS 4 without a campaign. Now we are getting a reboot. If its not different enough, people will complain how devs are lazy and they went the easy way out.

I personally never had a problem with futuristic COD mainly becuase it was the most natural progression for the series. It was WW2 and slowly was going more and more into the future. I loved the direction of Infinite Warefare....that would of been an awesome new trilogy. But thanks to shareholders, now COD doesn't know what it is anymore. Again, im not blaming you as an individual but i mean people as a whole that have a similar opinion.
When people complained about the futuristic COD's it's because they were just plain shit! From day one what people really wanted was gritty and more realistic.. Modern Warfare should of evolved by refining Modern Warfare, not adding all this futuristic crap because they couldn't think of anything else to better the franchise.

What they seem to be doing with Modern Warfare now is what they should of done from the start. People want to feel they are at war and feel the intensity of combat in uncertain situations. It was fine to make another WW2 but the devs got lost along the way and I think it's a cop out to blame the consumer. They are professional video game developers, if they can't figure out what's right then they only have themselves to blame. We as a consumer have no real control on what they actually develop and produce so stop defending them.

RPS37

I haven’t played COD since Infinite Warfare. This looks, graphically, pretty damn decent. Will keep an eye out.

Tesseract

Banned
i'll admit it's growing on me, i really like what they're doing with animation shuttering and blending, and the mobility looks really nice

When people complained about the futuristic COD's it's because they were just plain shit! From day one what people really wanted was gritty and more realistic.. Modern Warfare should of evolved by refining Modern Warfare, not adding all this futuristic crap because they couldn't think of anything else to better the franchise.

What they seem to be doing with Modern Warfare now is what they should of done from the start. People want to feel they are at war and feel the intensity of combat in uncertain situations. It was fine to make another WW2 but the devs got lost along the way and I think it's a cop out to blame the consumer. They are professional video game developers, if they can't figure out what's right then they only have themselves to blame. We as a consumer have no real control on what they actually develop and produce so stop defending them.

Yeah thats what it looks like now after 18 years on the scene. Then however I can bet my nutsack that nobody wanted modern warefare 6 and that is why they moved on. You seem to be forgetting that there were 3 Modern Warefare titles. Dont also forget the first 2 BLOPS which were also somewhat modern day or very near future. So after 5 years people were getting tired, just as they were tired from WW2 setting after years. Infinite Warefare is I dare say a better SP campaign than even the MW1. AW was also great. BLOPS 3 was confusing. Also explain how do previous games not make you "feel the intensity of combat" ? If its something COD campaigns are known for, its that. In comparison to BF which always had the most uninspired and boring singleplayer. If they listened to you and made modern combat for the last 10 years, COD as a franchise would of been dead. What were they supposed to do, spin the Russian, north korea, Chinese evil propaganda just in a different city forever?

"We as a consumer have no real control on what they actually develop and produce so stop defending them."

Really? So how exactly did we end up with a boring WW2? Because people kept bitching about wall running. So they gave you your boots on the ground. Oh its shit, we actually wanted MODERN boots on the ground. If the WW2 move was a success they would of continued down that road. Obviously it wasnt as popular or true that people actually want the old COD back. So you as a consumer by choosing not to buy the game or having bazilion dislikes on a video, gets their attention to change coarse.

Last edited:

Paasei

3-lane maps are horrible though. Interested to find out about the campaign with Cpt Price again. Can't be bothered with CoD anymore since they've been butchering the franchise after CoD4 (promod).

Maybe it's time to buy CoD again... I don't buy one from Modern Warfare 3 but I played also Ghost and Advanced Warfare thanks to sharing on Xbox bought by my buddy.

People like me lol. Yeah ok buddy. I’m sorry I am “confusing” devs lol.

Having a constant flow of a certain theme gets old. I was also tired of WW2 games because I had played a literal shit ton between Medal of Honor, Battlefield and COD. Then came the modern era, then future, then past again, then future. It seems like changing it up gets people interested.

Blops4 felt less future than blops3, Advanced and infinite which had jump packs and wall running which to me made MP a bit too hectic.

So excuse me if I like a more grounded affair. I really hope I don’t throw off the devs and the inventors if they decided not to flood the market with a particular theme like they already do the game anyways. This more grounded look appeals to everyone of my buddies just on the licensed gun models alone.

Plus how many development studios do they have on these games? That seems more of a problem than some rando on the internet saying a clip of a game looks good. I don’t like yearly releases and have the utmost respect for RB6 Siege and a bit of ire towards COD anymore and am hoping this brings back a solid well rounded game.

Last edited:
The gunplay looks good. The shots sound nice and meaty too.
With cross play, maps not locked behind season passes and a modern warfare setting, the only thing I REALLY want now is dolphin-diving. That was so much fun in BO2 - especially crashing through windows.

Mista

Banned

People like him? His own opinion doesn't represent everybody so how its because "people like him"? If CoD's fanbase suffers from schizophrenia, its not an individual problem innit?

Futuristic is shite and I never liked them unless they had a proper setting. Didn't mind WW games because they're awesome but with little weapons choices which made them boring in the long run

So yeah, don't go around pointing fingers on one individual because the majority of the fanbase suffers from schizophrenia. Cheers bruv

Nero_PR

Banned
Never thought I would say this but it looks interesting! Especially, the animations and sound. My last COD was Modern Warfare 2 hahahaha

II_JumPeR_I

I really hope they nail the Crossplay. I want to play with some friends that are on PS4.
But i have the weird feeling Sony is going to fuck it up

Texas Pride

Banned
20 maps and 50 guns at launch is the current rumor. Coupled with no season pass map updates and a BR mode and the campaign is back. That's good value imo. Look visually I think if what we're seeing is legit it's on par with what you see in a Battlefield game. Animation wise something feels off and I can't pinpoint it but it doesn't look right.

Finally some proper gunplay gameplay. Looks spectacular from an audio visual standpoint. So good to see realistic/present day weaponry and combat. Can't wait to see SP campaign and full multiplayer reveal!

J-Roderton

Finally some proper gunplay gameplay. Looks spectacular from an audio visual standpoint. So good to see realistic/present day weaponry and combat. Can't wait to see SP campaign and full multiplayer reveal!

For real. I'm not sure I have any interest in 2v2 Call of Duty. Maybe I just don't get it. I'm in for all of the other modes, tdm, hard point, etc.

Last edited:

Advanced warfare was pretty fun, and good looking.

DonF

Finally the CoD have Famas. Better video than watching the twitch stream.
Blops had famas, it was great.

I love the feeling in this new cod, the gunplay looks like weapons pack a punch, have impact. Can't wait for more info, maybe i'll go back to CoD after so much disappointment from EA and DICE.

Fake

Blops had famas, it was great.

I love the feeling in this new cod, the gunplay looks like weapons pack a punch, have impact. Can't wait for more info, maybe i'll go back to CoD after so much disappointment from EA and DICE.
I forget the article saying this game will have the big guns arsenal of cod games ever.

Btw Famas is one of my favorite gun.

Shifty

Yup, looks like CoD.

I'm still leery of Activision ramming a bunch of microtransaction monetization up the game's ass after the review period though, probably gonna continue holding off.

Yup, looks like CoD.

I'm still leery of Activision ramming a bunch of microtransaction monetization up the game's ass after the review period though, probably gonna continue holding off.
They always do. With the season pass supposedly being abandoned, they're going to have generate that revenue elsewhere. You know what that means...

I really like it without the Mini-Map

I honestly think they should eliminate it unless you have a UAV up.

Current COD (and past too) is all Suppressors. And if you don't equip it, Everyone runs wildly as soon as they see a red dot show up.

Only option is to play Hardcore. I would like a Core TDM with no Mini-Map.

KINGMOKU

Any real word on its battle royal component? I have played blackout to death(sitting at over 170wins)and while I used to be a big multiplayer fan, that on blops4 is just terrible so I only play Blackout.

If this is anything like MW or MW2 I'm game as hell but if it sucks like BLOPS4 I'm hoping the battle royal is great.

Top Bottom