• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Worldwide Reveal | Open Beta is coming first to PS4 and PS5

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
if the 6v6 beta is good, im there day 1 but thats what it takes

but them going back to smaller, tighter, less verticality, only 6v6 classic maps (on the core playlist), sounds at least good on paper right now.

I dont got to cod for large big team battles or BR

Celcius

°Temp. member
I see that this is on Steam now. Will the battle dot net client still be required or will it be 100% Steam now?

It’s a trailer without any gameplay…

Also “We found Hassan” #teamreal! ROFL.

Ive played every single COD since the very first in 2003. MW 2009 reboot was ace, this one is made by the same team and also a reboot of MW2 so I dont know what they could do to ruin it. Also, have you played MW 2019 because it looks better than that, that was game engine graphics. If you never played the original MW2 then I guess for you its one big toss up. Me, us, we know what MW trilogy is all about so no, I dont need a strict gameplay to see how a COD game plays. Anyone thast a fan of Ghost is also happy to see him again in singleplayer campaign.

This is a reveal trailer for MW 2019 and the game looked just the same even thou it wasnt officially "gameplay"

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Same developer, Same Engine, Same toolset, most likely similar assets too. it looks the same, not worse.
It looks flat out worse.

FUw4y40WQAAl5XV

FUw4y4zXwAM-amI

And if you want to blame it on bad quality capture, or low res video, then they should have presented the trailer in better quality. Capture your shit better. It looks like a early PS4 game through and through. Stop apologizing for them. Theres 9 studios and a 200 million dollar budget and this is the best they can produce? Gtfo

In what world does this even look better than CrossFire X?

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Call of duty modern warfare 2 is going to smoke every shooter out there this means MW3 in 2023, 24 or 25 we know that’s coming given their strategy.

Rykan

It looks flat out worse.

And if you want to blame it on bad quality capture, or low res video, then they should have presented the trailer in better quality. Capture your shit better. It looks like a early PS4 game through and through. Stop apologizing for them. Theres 9 studios and a 200 million dollar budget and this is the best they can produce? Gtfo

In what world does this even look better than CrossFire X?
Absolutely no interest in having this ridiculous cherry picking fight. You skipped over most of the footage so you can find two cherry picked moments, one of which has a large amount of motion blur in it and the other is clearly suffering from compression, near the end of the trailer to support your argument because everything else before that looks perfectly fine. The game uses the exact same engine, the exact same developer and most likely the exact same toolset.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
"someone who annoys others by correcting small errors, caring too much about minor details, or emphasizing their own expertise especially in some narrow or boring subject matter".

Yes I do. ^^
I was trying to find common ground lol but if that's what you gathered from my post then you need to work on reading comprehension. ^^

Anyway life's too short to be arguing about this sort of thing. I think it looks good and others evidently don't.

Chronicle

I was trying to find common ground lol but if that's what you gathered from my post then you need to work on reading comprehension. ^^

Anyway life's too short to be arguing about this sort of thing. I think it looks good and others evidently don't.
My comprehension is just fine. Perhaps it's the writing. You cant say youre 'finding common ground' by saying someone doesnt know what theyre talking about. You've been nitpicking this whole thread and then go on to say 'life is too short to argue about this sort of thing'. Lol. You're the one in here arguing. Sheesh.

VortexCortex

Neo Member
Looking forward to this, MW2019 was a banger!

Played the fuck out of the OG MW games back on 360 with my mates, was talking to one of ‘em about this and we’re both hopping on this day one.

Here’s hoping the smaller 6v6 maps thing is true, that was the one thing I wasn’t massive about with MW2019; all that mounting, doors etc ughh, just gimme that 3 lane old COD goodness, Activision!

VortexCortex

Neo Member
Ah then it’s dead to me 🫡
I think we won’t see another 3arc game till 2024.

So zombies is either bounce into Cold War which is decent, or Vanguard which is worse than BO4 Zombies lol.

Though Shi No Numa Reborn might change that whenever that drops.

Zombies hasn’t been the same imho since BO3. I miss the old formula, I’d love to see them drop a pure zombies game with all the maps remastered but that’ll probably never happen.

Please remove aim assist on consoles. Doing well should be about learning the skill to fucking aim on your own. This is what makes a legendary player.
Having the game gift you kills because aim assist locks on even if you're in cover is complete and utter rubbish.

CitizenZ

Banned
There is boredom and then there is FPS reveal boredoms and this succeeded like they always do. FFS this industry is a skeleton of new ideas, thoughts, talents, etc. Sad.

Pretty sure he's saying its pathetic that this game is cross gen after almost 2 years of new hardware being out on the market.

And all those games I mentioned are also crossgen after almost 2 years on new hardware. Actually GOW Ragnarok will probably come out even later and its going to be cross gen. Horizon and GT7 came out 2 months ago and they are cross gen. When its about COD, its always about shitting on the franchise and pretending to be blind that others are doing the same, releasing cross-gen titles instead of full fledged new-gen. Somehow everyone gets a pass but COD "must" be next gen only or its absolute shit.

II_JumPeR_I

Please remove aim assist on consoles. Doing well should be about learning the skill to fucking aim on your own. This is what makes a legendary player.
Having the game gift you kills because aim assist locks on even if you're in cover is complete and utter rubbish.
No thanks i want some fun aswell on my console.
Just remove crossplay. So we the pc folks can stop crying

VN1X

Banned
My comprehension is just fine. Perhaps it's the writing. You cant say youre 'finding common ground' by saying someone doesnt know what theyre talking about. You've been nitpicking this whole thread and then go on to say 'life is too short to argue about this sort of thing'. Lol. You're the one in here arguing. Sheesh.
Who is being pedantic now lol.

RPSleon

Wheres the night vision goggles version?

Also i dont see any value in the Vault edition. Do people here pay for that extra stuff or is that more likely to be casual gamers who fall for those awful extras?

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
aim assist is a must on console

OverHeat

« generous god »
Aim assist is a thing on PC with a controller also.

kikii

SkylineRKR

My dream is a COD as good as MW2019 but without it's awful SBMM mechanic

And better maps, better visibility.

But yeah, MW 2019 is probably the best CoD since the original MW. Even though it pissed me off because of the map layouts and camping.

Top Bottom