• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Beta Biggest Ever in Franchise History.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Activision today confirmed that the recent Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® Beta has become the largest in Call of Duty history, delivering the most users, the most hours played and highest peak concurrent number of players across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC combined.

Millions of gamers downloaded and played the Beta, which ran across two consecutive weekends, beginning Thursday, Sept. 12, and ending Monday, Sept. 23. The Beta included crossplay, enabling gamers to play together across PS4, Xbox One, and PC for the first time in franchise history.

“We’re focused on delivering the best online experience possible and that includes bringing the community together with crossplay,” said Patrick Kelly, creative director and co-studio head, Infinity Ward. “We appreciate all of the players from around the world, who played and shared feedback. Your support is not only a driving inspiration to the entire team, but also provides us with important data and feedback which helps us improve the experience for launch.”

“The response from fans for Modern Warfare’s release next month has been incredible,” said Byron Beede, executive vice president and general manager of Call of Duty, Activision. “From the beginning of development there has been extraordinary excitement for this game. We thank Call of Duty players and the development teams led by Infinity Ward for making this a record-setting Beta. We look forward to October 25 when players everywhere will experience the full amount of depth and gameplay Modern Warfare has to offer.”

Last edited:

Verdanth

Crossplay between consoles and PC? Seems unfair in these types of games to be honest.

I didn't even know this was going to be a crossplay title.

Last edited:

Digity

Except it's actually good.
Sure, whatever you say lol. Same shit, nothing has changed. "We slowed the game down, made it more tactical." Yaaaa that's a big negative ghost rider lol.

All I can say is thanks for having an open beta lol, saved me $100. I'll play the single player though.

Last edited:

Thabass

Sure, whatever you say lol. Same shit, nothing has changed. "We slowed the game down, made it more tactical." Yaaaa that's a big negative ghost rider lol.

Obviously it's not just me saying it. Almost all of the people I've talked to that has played it, and they haven't played COD for years since the other games weren't to their liking, had a lot of fun with the beta and are now getting the game.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others won't. So get off your high horse.

Digity

Obviously it's not just me saying it. Almost all of the people I've talked to that has played it, and they haven't played COD for years since the other games weren't to their liking, had a lot of fun with the beta and are now getting the game.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others won't. So get off your high horse.
Don't quite remember where I said others won't like it lol. You're free to like what you want and I'm free to say if I think it's shit or not, got it?

Connxtion

From what I got to play on XB1X (the game kept shuting down my Xbox :/) it was alright. Nothing new feeing really still had the COD feel to it.

I was expecting more really but I guess it is what it is.

Ground war needs revivals of team mates and better classes as it’s a team focused game mode yet everyone runs about like headless chickens. Also we need a way to call out objectives like BF camorose allows.

Last edited:
Two new MP characters were briefly shown in this video. It's more aimed at the mainstream (filthy casuals):

GamingKaiju

I loved the MW beta. Best CoD in years. I can understand why some won’t like it but it’s definitely up my street.

It’s a shame BFV went so woke and shit at the same time. I loved BF3/4 but not V it’s just too messy. CoD definitely got it right with slowing down the game and adding more weight to it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It didn't look slow and tactical on the streams I watched. It looked like getting killed practically instantly, then respawning and getting shot in the back and dying practically instantly, over and over again.

Slow and tactical just doesn't work when the game can respawn players right behind you. Maybe they're talking about modes I didn't see on stream.

Whitecrow

Banned
It's not slow, but being boots on the ground, together with the map dessign, I would say it's more tactical than recent entries. But it's still CoD. It's still an arcade, fast-paced shooting we love/hate.
Still, better than the last ones. The beta really hoocked me in.

Caffeine

It's not slow, but being boots on the ground, together with the map dessign, I would say it's more tactical than recent entries. But it's still CoD. It's still an arcade, fast-paced shooting we love/hate.
Still, better than the last ones. The beta really hoocked me in.
depends on teh game mode, tdm basically played like mw3 and black ops 2 it really wasn't much more tactical. dom however did feel more battlefield.

kingwingin

Well deserved, I haven't enjoyed cod since cod4, downhill decline ever since world at war dropped. Preordered and counting down the days!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Crossplay between consoles and PC? Seems unfair in these types of games to be honest.

I didn't even know this was going to be a crossplay title.
Based on the beta?
The only difference was they was twitchy as fuck.
Game still ends with me having a 15-20 kill lead.
Guess the people behind the mice aren't as fast as the people behind the controllers
In fact I only played one game where the whole team on the other side was PC clan.
And the left the game after they started losing.
Anyway I'm currently putting that down to being a myth.
I'm sure better PC players will present themselves when the game launches but for first impressions..... I'm disappointed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom