wants to fuck an Asian grill.
- Apr 9, 2009
Release: October 25, 2019
Platforms: Xbox One, PS4, PC (Battle . net launcher)
Developer: Infinity Ward
Special Thanks to TGO
Call of Duty is back for a sorta-kinda-prequel, sorta-kinda-reboot of the iconic 2007 masterpiece CoD4: Modern Warfare. Once again, take the role of SAS agents and US Marines as you partake in missions throughout the Middle East, Russia, and...London. The Spec Ops mode, which debuted in 2009's Modern Warfare 2, also makes a return.
- 4 to 6 hour long campaign, roughly
- Still very linear. Some missions let you branch out a bit, but expect an A to B affair
- Multiple playable characters, including the series' first prominent female main character
- Mount onto just about any corner or waist high cover to maximize aim
- Night Vision Goggles are more important than ever with multiple nighttime levels featuring a Splinter Cell style light-dark meter
- You can aim and reload at the same time now, when you want to maintain visual focus on an area
- No Season Pass or paid-for maps. Instead, Activision has opted for a Fortnite-esque Battle Pass to unlock cosmetics
- Work-in-progress Ground War mode featuring 64 player clusterfucks. This mode is limited at launch and will receive more support over time
- Close quarter intimate 2v2 Gunfight mode. No respawns. Multiple rounds. This mode has its own tailor-made maps
- No Overwatch/Black Ops esque specialist characters. Unlockable special characters are purely for cosmetic purposes
- In addition to the usual primary, secondary, 3 perks, tactical, and lethal equipment, you have a Field Upgrade and a Weapon Perk now
- Crossplay. PS4 can play with Xbox. Xbox can play with PC. PC can play with PS4.