• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Shmunter

So, I pick a challenge to complete. I click the box yes that I want to activate that set of challenges. I proceed to complete requirements for said challenges, but the little meter, 0/50, etc does not fill up. I can get five SMG kills and it still says I have 0 kills. Hasn't worked for a few days.
I’ve given up looking in there, never worked for me.

J-Roderton

Why did they use this bizarre challenge system? Why didn't they go for always active, single goal challenges like in CoD4?

This kind of stuff is just an attempt to artificially extend the lifespan of a game. With a COD coming out every year IDK why the hell they'd even bother doing it. Whatev. I'm just going to play the game and not even worry about it I guess.

nemiroff

Gold Member
The fucking game bricked my x1x.....can’t even start up my Xbox....godammit

Ouch, that's bad. I've had several sudden hard resets in the game, some of which where I had worries if my X1X would at all boot up again. It seems like the fans are working overtime when I'm playing the game..

Games don't brick hardware.

Indirectly with some bad luck they absolutely can.

Last edited:
Ok.

Spawn camping/trapping or the enemy team camping at their spawn and won't go past half the map.

Which is worse?

The latter makes up for a very boring round.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
So I grabbed this on Friday and I have enjoyed it alot actually. It's my first CoD I will actually be keeping up with since MW3 because the others were garbage, but this really feels like classic CoD. I can't quite put my finger on why though. So far my loadout of choice is the P90 and a Pila for Killstreaks.

The community is still.....not great though. Literally the first word I heard when I got into a lobby was the N word with a hard R at the end from someone whining about people camping. So that reminded me that I needed to disable voice chat.

splattered

So, I pick a challenge to complete. I click the box yes that I want to activate that set of challenges. I proceed to complete requirements for said challenges, but the little meter, 0/50, etc does not fill up. I can get five SMG kills and it still says I have 0 kills. Hasn't worked for a few days.

What weapons are you using the complete the challenges? I've found that only the base weapons count towards progression. If I use any pre-configured armory blueprint guns it doesnt count at all which is silly.

Last edited:

manfestival

So I had a crazy hard crash yesterday. I also had this gem below. Hurt my eyes so I was like... REBOOT. The only other thing I HATE is the loading during the cutscenes. They are so well done and it is so jarring to see the stuttering that eventually desyncs the audio. Rather stare at a load screen

unknown.png

Nobody_Important

So I had a crazy hard crash yesterday. I also had this gem below. Hurt my eyes so I was like... REBOOT. The only other thing I HATE is the loading during the cutscenes. They are so well done and it is so jarring to see the stuttering that eventually desyncs the audio. Rather stare at a load screen

unknown.png
What platform are you playing on? I finished the campaign on PS4 and didn't notice any stuttering.

Kagey K

Banned
So I grabbed this on Friday and I have enjoyed it alot actually. It's my first CoD I will actually be keeping up with since MW3 because the others were garbage, but this really feels like classic CoD. I can't quite put my finger on why though. So far my loadout of choice is the P90 and a Pila for Killstreaks.

The community is still.....not great though. Literally the first word I heard when I got into a lobby was the N word with a hard R at the end from someone whining about people camping. So that reminded me that I needed to disable voice chat.

I keep my mic muted and mute annoying players as required if I’m not in a party with friends. There’s always going to be those ppl spouting racist nonsense, or blaring terrible music or with babies crying in the background.

Geki-D

Banned
On PS4 and besides noise feedback, music & oddly singing I haven't really heard anyone speak in the game, maybe the odd scream in rage when I shoot someone in back but nothing decipherable. Not saying I don't believe you, in fact I would have expected what you got to be the norm but my experience has been different.

Also I'm only seeing PS4 & PC with pad players. I don't think I've ever played with a XB1 player. So maybe that's why I haven't heard any blatant racism. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I also had this gem below.
This is clearly a feature, not a bug :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Nobody_Important

On PS4 and besides noise feedback, music & oddly singing I haven't really heard anyone speak in the game, maybe the odd scream in rage when I shoot someone in back but nothing decipherable. Not saying I don't believe you, in fact I would have expected what you got to be the norm but my experience has been different.

Also I'm only seeing PS4 & PC with pad players. I don't think I've ever played with a XB1 player. So maybe that's why I haven't heard any blatant racism. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I might have had a shit lobby, but I would have muted the audio anyway to be honest. I almost never use in game chat when I play my games.

Last edited:

Timex

Banned
I loved how much respect Captain Price garnered from everyone. Even hardened freedom fighters like Farah. He’s not as old as he was on the og modern warfare but he still seems like a Qui Gon Jinn mentor to Garrick.

manfestival

What platform are you playing on? I finished the campaign on PS4 and didn't notice any stuttering.
I play on PC. I talked to a bunch of my friends and they all experienced this. Well all except one but he put the game on his SSD(I have mine on HDD)
This is clearly a feature, not a bug :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Bruh my eyes hurt during the 15 seconds of that match.

Also blows my mind that matchmaking is so bad in this game. Watching a streamer where he has a full squad of like 12 people on his side and the opposing team has 2 guys and has been the whole time. I have had similar games or ones where my 20 man TDM gets stuck with just 4v4

Last edited:

J-Roderton

So I’m just running around with that OP shotgun and a combat knife now and having a blast. Went 19-3 on that horrible Piccadilly map and actually got all of my killstreaks. Managing to sneak up and get assassinations is fun as shit.

What weapons are you using the complete the challenges? I've found that only the base weapons count towards progression. If I use any pre-configured armory blueprint guns it doesnt count at all which is silly.

Just base stuff.

Codes 208

Why did they use this bizarre challenge system? Why didn't they go for always active, single goal challenges like in CoD4?
Rumor has it theyre setting it up for seasonal challenges ala fortnite and apex. Presitiging is also out. (I know someone who’s level 155 rn)

Shmunter

Could have been black and part of his day to day lingo, you need to be tolerant of his right to speak as such.

Had a prepubescent telling me to slit my wrists once for wiping the floor with him in Gunfight, that’s about as obnoxious as it’s been.

Nobody_Important

Could have been black and part of his day to day lingo, you need to be tolerant of his right to speak as such.
Yeah it wasn't that. The N word with the hard R was only part of the sentence. You didn't hear the rest and I'm not gonna repeat it here. He was being a straight up racist piece of shit.

Kagey K

Banned
I think I’ve heard maybe two people speak during my 16 hours of playtime so far. On Xbox
Wow I usually get at least one every one or 2 games. Usually sweaty try hards screaming and swearing every time they die. I’ve heard a few cursing after I’ve killed them too.

J-Roderton

I’m stuck on that mission at the part where you
play as the little girl and have to hide from the Russian guy.
Any tips? How the hell is this a fair fight??? 🤣

gioGAF

The grind is real for these weapon unlocks, I don't think I will stick around if all the shit I'm using gets nerfed into the ground. To be clear, I'm okay with the system, HOWEVER if progress is literally wiped away by one patch update, why would I bother leveling other weapons when that threat looms over everything I do? There are some especially brutal slogs in this game to get to where you want to be with several items :-(

Before the assumption is made, I will clarify that I don't heavily use the M4 or 725 (the 2 I hear about the most). They are in the middle of the pack of weapons I use, and definitely not my top 3 options. M4 is fine, IF it is statistically the best, it is by a very small margin. It would definitely be pointless to do anything to it. I guess the 725 is open for debate, maybe a 1 hit kill range reduction?

Timex

Banned
That claymores in this game need to be worked out. Im tired of going through a window and before i can turn around explode due to a claymore 5 feet away.

Kagey K

Banned
The grind is real for these weapon unlocks, I don't think I will stick around if all the shit I'm using gets nerfed into the ground. To be clear, I'm okay with the system, HOWEVER if progress is literally wiped away by one patch update, why would I bother leveling other weapons when that threat looms over everything I do? There are some especially brutal slogs in this game to get to where you want to be with several items :-(

Before the assumption is made, I will clarify that I don't heavily use the M4 or 725 (the 2 I hear about the most). They are in the middle of the pack of weapons I use, and definitely not my top 3 options. M4 is fine, IF it is statistically the best, it is by a very small margin. It would definitely be pointless to do anything to it. I guess the 725 is open for debate, maybe a 1 hit kill range reduction?
I was just working on levelling up the Oden and damn is it terrible without a couple attachments. Once you get them though, it hits hard. The only drawbacks are slower mobility and slower rate of fire, so make sure those shots hit.

I think the 725 could use a distance nerf, or a longer reload time. The M4A1 is everyones go to right now, but I found I could outplay them with the Kilo or the Oden.
Id say it’s overused, rather then overpowered.

Mista

Banned
Now that I know that it's a bug, I'm cool. I am just baffled that they manage to get such basic things like a ping-meter wrong.
Yes it’s absurd. What I really want them to fix is the garbage netcode! Everything else I can deal with

MastAndo

Gold Member
Am I a douche for planting claymores right next to the flag in Domination, and having it work more often than not? I also full on camped at a window for a game or two with a claymore guarding my 6, like the people Reddit complains about. I felt safe for once, and like I was in control. It was kind of nice, lol.

I feel lame playing that way, as I would love to run and gun some more, but I just end up getting lit up from the side from an enemy I never even saw, nor do I really have the aim to be engaging in that kind of business.

Shmunter

Am I a douche for planting claymores right next to the flag in Domination, and having it work more often than not? I also full on camped at a window for a game or two with a claymore guarding my 6, like the people Reddit complains about. I felt safe for once, and like I was in control. It was kind of nice, lol.

I feel lame playing that way, as I would love to run and gun some more, but I just end up getting lit up from the side from an enemy I never even saw, nor do I really have the aim to be engaging in that kind of business.

While I’m the impatient type and constantly change location, I feel no animosity towards your play style. Being able to play how you want is part of the sandbox appeal. Pull the crack pipe and go on an rampage, or smoke a blunt and hold down an area listening to buffalo soldier, each to his own.

Is this confirmed that weapon progress will be wiped away? If so, then WTF am I doing with this game 😓😔😡

Yamisan

Finally tried out Ground War, was very let down when I saw that it gives almost no experience after such long fights. :( Fun though!

I will say the challenge system woke me up to pistols last night. I had a blast completing the last challenges with pistol kills and pistol kills using a red dot sight.

I lose fights to shotguns...duh, but never thought I could hold my own with SMGs and ARs by equipping the hair trigger.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Okay, so WTF are you actually meant to do against riot shields? Even if they miss their knife, they're just crouching there, you can't shoot over them or under them and they can turn towards you as fast as you can try to circle them. Begin to cook a nade and they just quickly switch weapon and kill you, get too close (so you can jump and shoot over them) and they'll beat you to death. I guess you need a specific non lethal, like stun, flash or gas (and i haven't unlocked gas yet) but if they're in the corner or you have no more and you're fucked.

The riot shields are way worse than the 725.
Don't know I've ran slid straight behind and unloaded on them every time I came across them.
They are also weak against high attacks.
There's always a way.

Bryank75

Banned
Are you even having fun?
Sniping and using the tanks?
Sure, I love it. I usually play the objective in the tanks.
Sniping, I love the sniper battles in Tavorsk across the building-tops, it's really tense. It takes me a while to find a nice position...
So I do use overkill with a bushmaster / ACR in my secondary to clear buildings and get to where I need to. Once I get made, I use a smoke grenade and bug-out.

Top Bottom