• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

J-Roderton

Sniping and using the tanks?
Sure, I love it. I usually play the objective in the tanks.
Sniping, I love the sniper battles in Tavorsk across the building-tops, it's really tense. It takes me a while to find a nice position...
So I do use overkill with a bushmaster / ACR in my secondary to clear buildings and get to where I need to. Once I get made, I use a smoke grenade and bug-out.

I have not even tried a sniper class yet in this game. I'm usually running around like a chicken with my head cut off, flailing around with a combat knife trying to backstab people.

Which sniper is good to try first?

Bryank75

Banned
I have not even tried a sniper class yet in this game. I'm usually running around like a chicken with my head cut off, flailing around with a combat knife trying to backstab people.

I like the HDR...
Most of the Youtubers say the AX-50 is the best but from my experience it is less dependable to get an OHK.

Draganov is more of a marksmans rifle, it just can't do counter-sniping well so it doesn't suit my purpose.

There are only 3 though, so maybe see what suits your style. I wish the M-40 and arctic warfare were in the game!

Starfield

At how much GB or % is the game playable on PC? I have 77GB remaining to download and it's taking so fucking long...

Yeah, but I have gotten a lot of use out of my X as I'm an early adopter. Represent 2017! For real though, it's not cool.
Luckily it just came back on and seemed to imitate a hard reset. So no harm done.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Proud launch Scorpio owner myself. Best console bar none by a goddamn lanslide.. till Scarlet releases next year 👊

Yo, they need to nerf that @#$%& shotty!!.. driving me insane 🤬😡..humbles the shit out of you when you pulling trigger first..but it don't matter.

Proud launch Scorpio owner myself. Best console bar none by a goddamn lanslide.. till Scarlet releases next year 👊

Yo, they need to nerf that @#$%& shotty!!.. driving me insane 🤬😡..humbles the shit out of you when you pulling trigger first..but it don't matter.

I won't use it just because it seems like you need no skill for it. I stick with the pump shotgun. More satisfaction imo.

gioGAF

For sniper, if you like to post up and take shots, the HDR is better. If you are a run and gun, quick scoper, then the AX-50 is better.

HDR = better 1 hit kill potential. Haven't checked, but I think it is most of the body.
AX-50 = better mobility, but smaller 1 hit kill area (upper torso + head?).

I do wonder what the best way to deal with the Riot Shield is. It seems fairly well protected, and outside of a lethal or tactical item, it seems hard to take them down by yourself. Also, it seems to protect their back, I might have to try it out to understand the pros and cons a little better.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
How are the spawns this fucking broken still. I've been spawned into sniper scopes a dozen times on bridge map. Like ffs.

J-Roderton

How are the spawns this fucking broken still. I've been spawned into sniper scopes a dozen times on bridge map. Like ffs.

Luckily spawns weren’t total ass for me tonight, but still not great that’s for sure. Has IW said anything about upcoming patches on stuff?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
How are the spawns this fucking broken still. I've been spawned into sniper scopes a dozen times on bridge map.
The bridge map is the worst for this, especially for the that spawn on the side away from the buses. The bridge directly overlooks every exit from the spawn point.

This is using slugs which do fire a single bullet and it's range is so high it does really high DMG. I actually stopped using slugs because there seems to be a weird netcode issue with it. Plenty of times I've shot an enemy pointblank just as they shoot & kill me me and on the killcam it shows me as not having shot whereas I get this way less with the default pellets.

J-Roderton

n6fvpli9e2x31.png

Cleared_Hot

had a pretty good game last night sadly xbox record that is only 5 mins.

Well done my Activision account is TwoOneFive

I've been hooked on upgraded just two loadouts. I have my m4 loadout - then I have my sniper/shotgun combo. That one has gotten me multiple huge wins. I put that small scope to quickly pull out for medium range then the shotty for all close quarters (I recommend the fmj or the fast reload perk).

Everyone now immediately heads for Noob Fashionware Ltd, claymores the fuck out of the stairs, then picks off people from the window / gives that sweet 725 justice to anyone who is fortunate enough to make it past the claymores. With only one way in, it's hard to combat. Not to mention the oh so helpful security machines at the shop entrances which PING when someone enters.

You'd be stupid not to camp.

Matt_Fox

I am loving this game. Very addictive and in my opinion the best COD multiplayer in years.

I've played every COD from first to last and I was never at ease with the "kerrazy" twitch reflexes wall running and gunning that the series had descended into. This is so much more enjoyable, tactical and realistic.

I'm looking forward to trying the 725 but my fave loadout at the moment is to take two Primary Weapons, M91 LMG and the Riot shield, and use the deployable wall to become a human gun emplacement. I can 'plant myself' near any flag in domination and if my team mates are half decent it's a really tough build for the opposition to bust through (although molotovs are my bane).

Really enjoyable game and just wish that prestiging meant you could have a few more attachments on my gun...

Geki-D

Banned
Piccadilly would be better if the subway part ran throughout the map so it was multi leveled. Even that single subway corridor is easy to camp with the 725, just like the corridor to the parking lot and the clothes shop.
I can 'plant myself' near any flag in domination and if my team mates are half decent it's a really tough build for the opposition to bust through
"Plant yourself"? You mean... with the riot shield?
KlPrgwY.gif

I've tried the cluster bomb and the air strike. Total kills gained? Zero. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I think it's better when you get the map popping up and you designate an area to attack. There are so many buildings that it's impossible for me to select an area.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I've tried the cluster bomb and the air strike. Total kills gained? Zero. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I like the air strike. Sometimes its a dud but I find myself getting at least a kill with it more often than not.

Plus you can use it to destroy flying airstreaks like VTOL and Attack Chopper.

I think it's better when you get the map popping up and you designate an area to attack. There are so many buildings that it's impossible for me to select an area.

Thats why Headquarters is the goat in this game. Everyone has to shift focus to one area.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Even during the beta, I have never played Azirs cave at night where u have to use NVG. Anyone else never get this in the map rotations?
On launch day, for everyone that jumped to New Zealand, NVG was coming up in TDM 2/3 times and people got upset, so they nixed NVG maps from TDM before it even launched in NA.
Now they won’t come into rotation unless you specifically filter for NVG mode.

Now that I’m more used to it, and seeing other players find new play styles, the most damning negative I see is how many games end in timeout. It really shows the nature of the new meta.

I think I can count on both hands how many games ended in a timeout on all the previous CODs I played. This game it seems like luck if we have a game hit the score limit, (On TDM)

Last edited:
Top Bottom