• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

J-Roderton

I've noticed a hatchet and a karambit being used during assassination animations even though I don't have them equipped and as far as I know, they're not even available. I wonder if they'll be adding more melee weapons.

Mista

Banned
Is the range the issue?

I haven't run into many but they have been getting me some good kills the last few days.

I equip two of them now.
I’m running with two also because it’s easy kills. The range is the issue, no where near the lasers yet it explodes and I die.

Anyone else's X hard reboots by itself out of the blue playing this !?🙉🙈
Not with this game but the fans do go crazy in the menus. I really wish you could turn off the graphical representation of your character walking in the menus. It's unnecessary.

I have had other games crash due to overheating recently. The system is well ventilated too. Control caused the console to crash a few times.

Well, while playing with friends last night, my X went through 3 hard reboots. One while going to a match, the other at the end of a match, and the last one being mid spec ops match. It was bugged out anyway as it wouldn't let our team call in a gunship to destroy the tanks at the stadium.

The game is still very fun, but they have a lot to iron out here.

I've noticed a hatchet and a karambit being used during assassination animations even though I don't have them equipped and as far as I know, they're not even available. I wonder if they'll be adding more melee weapons.
I was on the receiving end of one of those assassination animations last night. Very irritating. Although given the cheese I was perpetrating, probably deserved.

Not with this game but the fans do go crazy in the menus. I really wish you could turn off the graphical representation of your character walking in the menus. It's unnecessary.

I have had other games crash due to overheating recently. The system is well ventilated too. Control caused the console to crash a few times.

It only happened to me once, I'm talking about cold, hard, boot, everything froze and X went to sleep..literally 😮🙉

4k is pushing this lil cute monstah 😡👊..best $500 spend on a console, bar none, nothing comes close.

MastAndo

Gold Member
I kept getting graphical glitches last night, with artifacting in the menus and in-game, the environments weren't being fully rendered. It's happened before, but not even a restart cleared it up this time. At one point, I could see enemies through walls. You would think that would help my K/D , but 1) I'm trash and 2) it wasn't possible for me to tell where the walls/obstructions ended and openings started (other than some memorized spots), so I was firing at enemies I couldn't really hit. That must have been weird for them, lol.

I hope this isn't a regular thing, that would suck.

Gerdav

So seriously you have to be connected to Activision servers to even play the campaign?

I just turned the game on and servers are undergoing maintenance, I’m just stuck at this screen with a waiting time that doesn’t budge.

FroPyzi.jpg

Pressing or holding B does absolutely nothing

Last edited:
How are claymores broken? They have plenty of counters. I don't get this line of thought. Do people just refuse to run the counters and then complain? I literally run right through them with EOD.

I don't the claymores themselves are broken, but the time it takes to plant one and how far they detect is. Just like the reload speed and distance the 725 shotgun can kill is broken, not the gun itself. The game needs a few fixes. It's very plain to see.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
How are claymores broken? They have plenty of counters. I don't get this line of thought. Do people just refuse to run the counters and then complain? I literally run right through them with EOD.
Oh yeah sure because EOD hacks automatically and the claymore trigger radius isn’t absurd🤷🏻‍♂️

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I think the fact there's a way to just run through them as a whole is exactly an example of how they are broken. They need to be not nearly as deadly as they are from a long range. You can be be pretty far and it will still kill you.

gioGAF

Oh yeah sure because EOD hacks automatically and the claymore trigger radius isn’t absurd🤷🏻‍♂️
You don't hack them with EOD, that is worthless. They just don't kill you when they hit you. There is also a perk that lets you see them through walls, stun grenades disable them, Riot Shield blocks explosion (so I've been told), multiple entrances to most places, etc.

I guess people just want the "lethal" equipment not to be lethal, they want to be able to run the perks they "want" rather than to adjust their play style. Why should you be able to run through them without giving something up? 1 claymore = 1 other explosive = 1 disabling stun grenade. 1 perk negates them. Like I said, I have had zero problems with claymore campers.

If they are camping, they aren't running Ghost because they need Restock, so you know where they are. They get a shotgun to the face or an explosive through a window, or flanked from different entry points. I can think of very few areas in this game that can be truly camped that don't have multiple entry points (more than 2). Feel free to point them out if you disagree.

If the person isn't running Restock, then claymores are EXACTLY like getting hit by a random grenade. I don't see anyone bitching about getting hit with a random grenade. Why is that?

I do think the perk Spotter should be buffed, increasing the visibility of the said items, but other than that, I don't get the whining.

This is the COD mentality in a nutshell. If it kills me, then it must be broken. If I have to adjust my preferred loadout, then it must be broken. I don't think anything is broken, except for the 1 hit kill range on the 725 WITHOUT slugs. The game would also benefit from Dead Silence as a perk (slot 2) or with silent crouch walking at least.

Last edited:

Starfield

Just completed the campaign. First things first I really liked the story. The teaser at the end was noice but doesn't CoD 4: Modern Warfare play years before 2019? So the ending kind of doesn't make any sense does it?

Anyways, the PC version is pretty bad optimized, cut-scenes are stuttering like hardcore, during gameplay the game ran fine. I dunno what they did with the cut-scenes, im assuming theyre not pre-rendered?

This is the COD mentality in a nutshell. If it kills me, then it must be broken. If I have to adjust my preferred loadout, then it must be broken. I don't think anything is broken, except for the 1 hit kill range on the 725 WITHOUT slugs. The game would also benefit from Dead Silence as a perk (slot 2) or with silent crouch walking at least.

I've been killed by everything in the game and still think trigger distance and radius of the claymore is broken. I'm not even mad, though. It's just a game.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
So apparently they are looking at the spawn problems on various maps and modes. But no fix is gonna be coming for it in this next patch.

Which kinda sucks because the spawns on some of the maps can be pretty easily camped. Piccadilly and the Bridge map are the first that come to mind. I hope they fix it sooner rather than later.

Geki-D

Banned
Seems to be random. I once assassinated a guy and my character started beating him with a baton. I have nothing special equipped to cause that. Maybe they're operator specific?

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
You don't hack them with EOD, that is worthless. They just don't kill you when they hit you. There is also a perk that lets you see them through walls, stun grenades disable them, Riot Shield blocks explosion (so I've been told), multiple entrances to most places, etc.

I guess people just want the "lethal" equipment not to be lethal, they want to be able to run the perks they "want" rather than to adjust their play style. Why should you be able to run through them without giving something up? 1 claymore = 1 other explosive = 1 disabling stun grenade. 1 perk negates them. Like I said, I have had zero problems with claymore campers.

If they are camping, they aren't running Ghost because they need Restock, so you know where they are. They get a shotgun to the face or an explosive through a window, or flanked from different entry points. I can think of very few areas in this game that can be truly camped that don't have multiple entry points (more than 2). Feel free to point them out if you disagree.

If the person isn't running Restock, then claymores are EXACTLY like getting hit by a random grenade. I don't see anyone bitching about getting hit with a random grenade. Why is that?

I do think the perk Spotter should be buffed, increasing the visibility of the said items, but other than that, I don't get the whining.

So I’m gonna waste a perk or two just for claymores? this is fucking hilarious and a proof that they’re OP. My playstyle is aggressive so I die a lot to random claymores. Everyone thinks that it’s OP even the devs are nerfing it. Again, the trigger and blast radius are absurd so I don’t know where’s the problem in what I said

I don’t give a damn about “COD mentality” I just said the truth and plenty of the community agrees with what I said. Like hell I'm going to waste a perk or two just for claymores. That’s your answer right there mate. 725 is broken, no need for it to kill from the end of the map. It’s a shotgun not a DMR ffs...

Glad you don’t have a problem with them. I do because of my aggressive playstyle and I’ll never follow the flow and play like most of the pathetic players in lobbies

Matt_Fox

Good post. This COD has done away with the rather silly classes and costumes in favour of a really rather deep amount of loadout customisation. You can create loadouts for every map type. For a sniper build the Kavorsk Ground War map is the one. For running and gunning St Petrograd. If you have a shotgun build then take that to Hackney Yard. It goes on.

If you're stubbornly fixed on just one Loadout then you may well end up playing the victim on certain maps and match types. Don't go whining about it online, just use your brain.

Levelling up a variety of different weapons to take to the party is essential and really gives the game amazing longevity and value for money.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Good post. This COD has done away with the rather silly classes and costumes in favour of a really rather deep amount of loadout customisation. You can create loadouts for every map type. For a sniper build the Kavorsk Ground War map is the one. For running and gunning St Petrograd. If you have a shotgun build then take that to Hackney Yard. It goes on.

If you're stubbornly fixed on just one Loadout then you may well end up playing the victim on certain maps and match types. Don't go whining about it online, just use your brain.

Levelling up a variety of different weapons to take to the party is essential and really gives the game amazing longevity and value for money.

Yep I see myself playing this game a long time. I'm having fun doing the mission challenges. Do X in Y game mode Z times.

And I'm ok with sub-optimal loadouts for certain maps. I will straight up use the shotgun in the bridge map and still do ok heh.

gioGAF

So I’m gonna waste a perk or two just for claymores? this is fucking hilarious and a proof that they’re OP. My playstyle is aggressive so I die a lot to random claymores. Everyone thinks that it’s OP even the devs are nerfing it. Again, the trigger and blast radius are absurd so I don’t know where’s the problem in what I said

I don’t give a damn about “COD mentality” I just said the truth and plenty of the community agrees with what I said. Like hell I'm going to waste a perk or two just for claymores. That’s your answer right there mate. 725 is broken, no need for it to kill from the end of the map. It’s a shotgun not a DMR ffs...

Glad you don’t have a problem with them. I do because of my aggressive playstyle and I’ll never follow the flow and play like most of the pathetic players in lobbies
Lol, typical "COD mentality" response. Can't be bothered to change your loadout to counter something. I guess my LMG class should be able to dominate in close encounters because, yo that's my play style!

The devs doing something is not proof there is a problem, that is just placating the clueless community of crybabies. You want to play aggressively and are upset when you are punished for it because you fail to adapt or counter. I can understand if there is no counter play to something, but that is certainly not the case here.

The claymore user is giving up at least ONE perk to be effective, and more likely TWO along with a lethal slot. You don't want to give up ANYTHING to invalidate their investment.

I will just leave this here because it perfectly encapsulates this discussion:
How does one know if a bug destroys the game or even if a legitimate tactic destroys it? The rule of thumb is to assume it doesn’t and keep playing, because 99% of the time, as good as the tactic may be, there will either be a way to counter it or other even better tactics. Prematurely banning something is the scrub’s way. It prevents the scrub from ever discovering the counter to the Valle CC or the diamond trick. It also creates artificial rules that alter the game, when it’s entirely possible that the game was just fine the way it was. It also usually leads to an avalanche of bans in order to be consistent with the first. When players think they have found a game-breaking tactic, I advise them to go win some tournaments with it. If they can prove that the game really is reduced to just that tactic, then perhaps a ban is warranted. It’s extremely rare that a player is ever able to prove this though. In fact, I don’t even have any examples of it.

Playing to Win
Becoming the Champion
by David Sirlin

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Just platinumed. Really easy platinum but also pretty fun. Really enjoyed the single player on this and now to continue with casual rounds of multiplayer. This feels like a proper COD finally after all the years of space shite and jetpacks.

Justin9mm

Whilst true, if you are good enough, you can pretty much dominate with any loadout but if you are just the average player than yeah, it is very important to take certain weapons for certain matches/maps to increase your chances of success.

Kagey K

Banned
Listening to people rage when I kill them will never stop be amusing to me. It’s one of the biggest things I missed from not playing COD in a few years. It makes me wish more people used mic’s.

Biff

So has anyone successfully completed a co-op mission with pubs? Or are they impossible without a co-ordinated party?

They are honestly stupid at this point. Goddamn clown car respawning, fuck off with this shit it's 2019.

Justin9mm

Am I the only one that didn't know you can Sprint faster by press Sprint twice?
I found this out in the Beta but you would be forgiven for going a few solid days without knowing. If you had the Beta and the game from release until now then yeah you the only one lol

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I found this out in the Beta but you would be forgiven for going a few solid days without knowing. If you had the Beta and the game from release until now then yeah you the only one lol
Didn't play the beta but I feel like the game never told me about it!

Shmunter

The door booby trap is frustrating. Essentially a roll of the dice opening one up wheather you’ll explode. Not feasible to be running counter perk all the time, nor is throwing explosives at each door to check.

in saying this, I suppose it’s realistic to a degree. door movement should trigger it. Will attempt opening doors while contorting behind the wall if possible. .

Codes 208

Im currently having the most fun Ive had since Ive started by creating a troll loadout of a riot shield and 725.

its kinda overkill in Dom on certain maps like hackney yard, gun runner and that cave level.
Am I the only one that didn't know you can Sprint faster by press Sprint twice?
this is actually news to me. Wtf.

Top Bottom