• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Kagey K

Banned
Im currently having the most fun Ive had since Ive started by creating a troll loadout of a riot shield and 725.

its kinda overkill in Dom on certain maps like hackney yard, gun runner and that cave level.

this is actually news to me. Wtf.
I had to take off claymores and run Molitovs just to counter the shield. I also instinctually back up now when I engage anyone because I assume they are all running the 725. Im running the oden so range isn’t a factor for me.

Last but not least I also equipped the Jav just in case the bridge comes up because I can kill all the bridge campers with it. It’s not my ideal setup, but it’s been working so far.

Last edited:
Im currently having the most fun Ive had since Ive started by creating a troll loadout of a riot shield and 725.

its kinda overkill in Dom on certain maps like hackney yard, gun runner and that cave level.

It doesn't work for me, pressed twice. Maybe cause I'm carrying overkill on me ?

McCheese

So this is my first call of duty since the PS3 era, almost didn't get it because I heard a ton of complaints about maps and camping.

Its so fucking good!

So many quality of life improvements have been made since the original modern warfare it's all a bit mind blowing.

Cross play/progression, the fuckton of weapons and customisation, netcode being so good we don't even discuss it anymore etc.

Having an absolute blast with it, and wrecking any campers with my 40 year old "skillz".

Gerdav

I’m not seeing it yet.

I am getting a servers unavailable message when I try to sign in.

If your on Xbox I find the console is funny with updates if your console is already on, use the option to restart your console and it should show up after the reboot.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
If your on Xbox I find the console is funny with updates if your console is already on, use the option to restart your console and it should show up after the reboot.
I hard reset it, I’m in the Alpha ring for updates,so that may affect it also.

Its updating now.

Hopefully some of these small changes start changing the meta a bit, I just want to see less games end in timeout.

Last edited:

Gerdav

I hard reset it, I’m in the Alpha ring for updates,so that may affect it also.

That could be it, could but it could also potentially be to do with region, I am in the UK I had the server maintenance and a non moving queue last night and posted it on here, others in different regions where getting on fine.

Gerdav

YrAsihE.jpg

q5tyQBh.jpg

pK2apNT.jpg

Geki-D

Banned
That PKM nerf is surprising. I actually used it quite a bit and did think it was maybe a little too effective at long range (especially mounted) but I've never seen anyone else complain about it.

Gerdav

If you filter both TDM options out of quick play the results are dramatic in terms of camping, of course it doesn’t eliminate it but it makes the game enjoyable, for me TDM is currently suicidal on this game.

Kagey K

Banned
If you filter both TDM options out of quick play the results are dramatic in terms of camping, of course it doesn’t eliminate it but it makes the game enjoyable, for me TDM is currently suicidal on this game.
I only play TDM 6vs6 and TDM 20. I dont trust a team of randoms to play team games.

Most just want to pad thier kd

Last edited:

Gerdav

I only play TDM 6vs6 and TDM 20. I dont trust a team of randoms to play team games.

Most just want to pad thier kd

Totally don’t blame you because 75% don’t, it’s just the camping has gotten so out of hand I have had to resort to filtering both TDM options out for now.

Kagey K

Banned
So I was thinking, I don’t really do clans and all the sweaty stuff, but if you aren’t in a clan already, just make your clan tag (Gaf) so that way I’ll reconginze you

We should be teaming up more.

Guys, we found the 725 user!

Nope, it doesn't appeal to me. I use the 680 when I use a shotgun. More satisfying.

Also, Defcon status in Ground War is broken. The game ended last night with a defcon countdown and our team had the higher score....makes no sense.

Mista

Banned
Nope, it doesn't appeal to me. I use the 680 when I use a shotgun. More satisfying.

Also, Defcon status in Ground War is broken. The game ended last night with a defcon countdown and our team had the higher score....makes no sense.
Other team capping all flags. Makes sense

If nobody is bothering to cap flags and just sit on roofs/hills to snipe and blow the place up with tanks, the nuke is deserved even if you had the higher score.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Glad I'm not the only one lol.

Other team capping all flags. Makes sense

If nobody is bothering to cap flags and just sit on roofs/hills to snipe and blow the place up with tanks, the nuke is deserved even if you had the higher score.

You can easily come back form that. I've been in plenty of matches coming back when the opposing team has capped all but one. The tides change and giving a short time period to get your bearings back in a big game mode does not go with the flow.

It's not whining, but just some criticism on an otherwise fun game mode.

Mista

Banned
You can easily come back form that. I've been in plenty of matches coming back when the opposing team has capped all but one. The tides change and giving a short time period to get your bearings back in a big game mode does not go with the flow.

It's not whining, but just some criticism on an otherwise fun game mode.
I feel you and all I’m saying that the system is a good penalty for teams that don’t cap flags. Makes you rush to cap one at least or if the team is garbage then they deserve to get nuked

I feel you and all I’m saying that the system is a good penalty for teams that don’t cap flags. Makes you rush to cap one at least or if the team is garbage then they deserve to get nuked

But the team's not garbage if the score was say 210-70 when the defcon nuke hit...leaving a Defeat screen on the player's team that had 210.

manfestival

I appreciate new content but why does every update for this game have to be so HUGE. 12GB this update and like not a single one under 7GB

Mista

Banned
But the team's not garbage if the score was say 210-70 when the defcon nuke hit...leaving a Defeat screen on the player's team that had 210.
I feel the frustration and I lost couple of games while leading with points. This is to make both teams keep on playing the objective for the whole game. Do you have a better idea for a penalty?

MastAndo

Any thoughts on gameplay/weapon changes with the update? I tried out the 725 for the first time last night pre-patch and oofa, y'all weren't kidding. It needed a nerf for sure.

I think Overkill with a shotty or SMG as a secondary is the way to go for me for most maps. The M4 is the best weapon in the game, sure, but I didn't find it to work too well for me in close quarters, getting rushed. I'll miss taking down UAV's with the PILA though.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I love it but I have to admit, when I am across the map and I get a kill from a claymore I planted long ago, I know I didn't earn that shit.
But you did, do you think the real army stand next to claymores waiting for there targets to approach 😂😂😂

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
My games always go to match point. Are you folks reporting time-outs playing TDM? TDM seems to have the most annoying campers.

Cant wait for Hardpoint. That + HQ in my playlist and I am in heaven.

I feel the frustration and I lost couple of games while leading with points. This is to make both teams keep on playing the objective for the whole game. Do you have a better idea for a penalty?

longer timer maybe? I mean it will be a short game regardless if the opposing team doesn't get their shit together, but at least give them a chance instead of the short timer there is now.

Gerdav

longer timer maybe? I mean it will be a short game regardless if the opposing team doesn't get their shit together, but at least give them a chance instead of the short timer there is now.

There was a thread on here just after launch about SBMM, I like most laughed at his anti SBMM, two weeks in SBMM for me seems to be something that is great on paper but doesn’t work out in real life, without SBMM you get a combo of players in every lobby which seems to open the match up if that’s really a correct description, with SBMM it seems once you hit a certain skill level what’s happening now occurs, it’s almost a bit like a vicious circle imo.

gioGAF

Big patch, hopefully the whining will die down. Luckily, nothing I use was really affected. I do wish they released more detailed information. Since we don't know exact damage/range numbers, it is hard to tell what "reduced damage range" will translate to in-game.

ViolentP

But you did, do you think the real army stand next to claymores waiting for there targets to approach 😂😂😂
When every round I have 2 opportunities for a kill with no further action from myself than to press a single button, compared to the work I put in for my intentional kills, yeah, I’d say I didn’t exactly earn them.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
When every round I have 2 opportunities for a kill with no further action from myself than to press a single button, compared to the work I put in for my intentional kills, yeah, I’d say I didn’t exactly earn them.
I would say strategic placing of a claymore is ok, the other side always have a chance to spot them and shoot them, there are other things in the game equally as bad like the bouncing Betty type mine. I remember the original modern warfare and claymores being a thing back then to

Kagey K

Banned
I would say strategic placing of a claymore is ok, the other side always have a chance to spot them and shoot them, there are other things in the game equally as bad like the bouncing Betty type mine. I remember the original modern warfare and claymores being a thing back then to
The bouncing betties gave you a chance they would make a noise and you could prone to avoid most of the damage. Haven’t seen too many people using proximity mines yet, so I don’t know if they afford you the same luxury. Wasnt there also a perk that let you run past claymores and they would blow up 2 seconds after you ran passed them?

I can’t say the game feels much different post patch. I did notice though that more games are hitting score limits now which I feel is an improvement, but that could just be a Friday night casuals playing feeding kills to the hardcore.

Gerdav

Played a few rounds on the shoot house 24/7 roatation last night, that map is all 725 spammers wet dreams coming to life.

Kagey K

Banned
Played a few rounds on the shoot house 24/7 roatation last night, that map is all 725 spammers wet dreams coming to life.
Yeah it seems like it’s built for SMGs and Shottys, I still had decent sucess at it today with an AR, but it’s definitely built to sprint and spam.

To me ground war is the best shit ever....The farm map is awesome.

it’s got everything you want....if you want fast pace...you got it... you want to snipe...you got it.

Hopefully they just build on it.

Top Bottom