• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Mista

Banned
Great game. Also fun story time:

Was playing TDM today. One of the enemies killed me a few times. Camped a lot. They call in a care package.

I find them right as their care package drops in. I kill them and steal their care package and therefore killstreak.

>:^)
The prick got what he deserved. Well done

As a TDM player, this is easily one of the worst CoD games I've ever played. The garbage maps mean everyone camps. People are scared to move due to fear of getting shot in the back. It's Call of Duty: Time Limit Warfare. Maybe a third of the games I play hit the score limit. The rest time out because no one is moving. It's boring. Damning for a CoD game.

Then there's the horrendous footsteps, the skillbased match making.....just horrible. Your reward for playing well? Get put in with better players and get destroyed. Five games later, the SBMM algorithm then puts you back in with shittier players. So you do well again. Five games later, the cycle continues.

I've gone back to CoD WW2. I used to think the maps in that game were bad....

I hope they can save this game, but my god, it's bad.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Is this normal, the enemies called in a counter UAV about 20% into a ground war game, and the map was scrambled without interruption ALL the way to the end....

FrostyJ93

As a TDM player, this is easily one of the worst CoD games I've ever played. The garbage maps mean everyone camps. People are scared to move due to fear of getting shot in the back. It's Call of Duty: Time Limit Warfare. Maybe a third of the games I play hit the score limit. The rest time out because no one is moving. It's boring. Damning for a CoD game.

Then there's the horrendous footsteps, the skillbased match making.....just horrible. Your reward for playing well? Get put in with better players and get destroyed. Five games later, the SBMM algorithm then puts you back in with shittier players. So you do well again. Five games later, the cycle continues.

Bring them to me.

Mista

Banned

I hate TDM as for myself I dislike non-objective modes and find them waste of time. As for the skill-based matchmaking, this shit is rubbish especially in QUICK PLAY! If it was ranked then it’s understandable but casual/quick play for fuck sake?! Here watch this, XclusiveAce said it best

I watched his and Driftor's videos yesterday. I understand the goal behind SBMM but their implementation of it is so ridiculously short sighted. Mild SBMM? Sure. This shit, though? It's ruining the game.

Is this normal, the enemies called in a counter UAV about 20% into a ground war game, and the map was scrambled without interruption ALL the way to the end....

You can shoot those down even with an AR pretty easily. Same goes for UAV's and Personal UAV's. A good clip will take them down.

NYR

I had one guy go 1-91 in dom game. He was killing himself with a grenade. I have no idea why.

nemiroff

Gold Member
You can shoot those down even with an AR pretty easily. Same goes for UAV's and Personal UAV's. A good clip will take them down.

I normally take them down if I see them. But are you saying that these things never expire if no one on my team shoots them down? My minimap was scrambled for about 20 minutes straight, haven't seen that before.

Last edited:

splattered

I normally take them down if I see them. But are you saying that these things never expire if no one on my team shoots them down? My minimap was scrambled for about 20 minutes straight, haven't seen that before.

Always seems like no one but me shoots stuff out of the sky and it's always irritating me. When I switch to a different secondary instead of the launcher shit just flies around till it expires. Drives me crazy I'm always the one helping the team out no one else seems to give a damn.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Always seems like no one but me shoots stuff out of the sky and it's always irritating me. When I switch to a different secondary instead of the launcher shit just flies around till it expires. Drives me crazy I'm always the one helping the team out no one else seems to give a damn.

I have the same feeling. Half are sniping or driving tanks, a third are running around doing personal challenges. The few of the rest are actually trying to win the game. I don't know what's "right" or "wrong", whether people can't have fun with themselves in a particular way playing a game, maybe this is how it should be, idk... But it sure feels annoying if I make an effort for the team to win the game but no one else seem to care.

GenericUser

Hit lvl 155 the other day and I honestly have to say, the last few levels were a grind. The sbmm is getting out of hand with this game. One match, I get nearly a 2.0 kd, only to be curb stomped the next 10 or 15 matches. What were they thinking? A certain level of sbmm is ok, but this ultra shitty implementation needs to die fast! It's so obvious that I'm put against player with a horrible connection to me, just because they are roughly at my skill level. Good luck fighting someone with a +100ms ping in a fast shooter like cod.

Also, what's the incentive to keep playing now? Prestige is gone, so I basically "completed" the game until the next season starts or what? Again: what the fuck were they thinking?

Shmunter

Skill Based Match Making perhaps. Ill go out on a limb and say the game introduces artificial latency to level the equation. Why would I sometimes shoot hot magma melting everything in my path and other times the bullets may as well be a wispy fart And my body made of paper.

Same ping in options.

Crew 511A

For what it's worth, Black Ops 4 revamped the marketplace. It's pretty cool to trade in crates to get what you want.

Looks like it's around 20GB on PC. I'm getting that annoying 'Loading Reddit Content' which never loads for me, in your post.

Last edited:
WHAT’S NEW
  • Special Operations: “Harbinger” and “Brimstone”
  • Classic Special Operations: “Door Kick”, 3 Star Rating System and Rewards
    • 3-star rating system (based on time completed)
    • XP & MP unlocks based on your star rating after finishing a game.
  • Multiplayer:
    • Realism Moshpit (Domination, Hardpoint, Headquarters, Kill Confirmed)
    • Gun Game
  • Fix for a bug where a player could spawn without a character model when spawning in on a friendly vehicle
  • Fixes for various exploits across all maps and modes
  • Fix for an issue where copying an opposing players loadout was also copying their killstreaks
  • Fix for the After-Action report not displaying newly acquired awards
  • Fix for player rank icons not appearing on the scoreboard
  • Shortened the amount of time an execution animation plays
  • Accessibility: Added the option to Always Sprint
  • Footsteps: Adjusted volume and sound type played for crouch walk and walking while Aiming Down Sights
  • Dead Silence: Fix for the Dead Silence Field Upgrade not lasting the correct amount of time when CDL rules are enabled
  • Fix for nameplates being visible in a certain location on Piccadilly
  • Updates to the obituary (killfeed); removed “Avenged” and “Save Player”, play of the game owner, and player rank increases
  • Fix for players being able to join a match even though they’ve been blocked
Private Match:
  • Added the option to disable the spawn camera
  • Fix for a bug where the ‘Starting Flags Captured’ private match option was not functioning as intended
  • Fix for the bomb screen appearing blank when defusing or planting the bomb in Search and Destroy with Realism enabled. Added bomb carrier indicator.
Killstreaks:
  • Fixed an issue where selected killstreaks would revert to the previous selection mid-match
  • Fix where players using the Shield Turret killstreak could see through smoke at certain angles with the side panels of the turret
  • Dead Silence: Fix for the Dead Silence Field Upgrade not lasting the correct amount of time when CDL rules are enabled
  • Thermal scopes are now able to see through smoke grenades
  • Added the option to disable the spawn camera
  • Fixed an issue where the mount interaction prompt was disappearing when planting or diffusing the bomb in Search and Destroy
1 Life Mode Fixes:
  • Fix for camera getting stuck on the death location when transitioning to spectate
  • Fix for the weapon not animating when sprinting at the beginning of the round
Infantry Assault Vehicle:
  • Reduced damage radius and lethality of the turret
Progression/Challenges/Missions Fixes:
  • Cleaned up and updated descriptions for various challenges
  • Officer Challenge: “Heads Up”
  • “Destroy Vehicles with Launchers”
  • “Doing Work”
  • “Aggression”
  • “Expert Gunsmith”
  • “One Trick Pony”
Lethals/Tacticals:
  • Fix for Decoy Grenade showing a red blinking light for both allies and enemies
  • Slightly brightened the player outline when using the Snapshot Grenade
Single Player:
  • Fix for a bug that could cause an error when selecting a mission
Perks:
  • Spotter: perk was not marking equipment, Field Upgrades, or Killstreaks through walls in FFA. Fix for Spotter perk not marking UAVs and slightly brightened outlines
  • E.O.D: Fix for players losing HUD elements after hacking an enemy claymore in certain scenarios
  • Fix for the “Quick Fix” perk not giving faster regeneration when earning kills with the throwing knife.
  • Fix for the “Amped” perk not stowing the Riot Shield as quickly as it should
  • Fix for rocket launcher camos not unlocking or tracking properly
  • Fix for the Model 860 camos not unlocking or tracking properly
  • FN SCAR 17: slight increase in ADS time, reduction to barrel and bipod grip penalties
  • Fix for a white placeholder box appearing when leveling up a weapon and unlocking new attachments
  • Added descriptions to all optics that have scope glint
  • Fixed an issue where the P90 + FFS Ring Sight would create a scope glint
  • Thermal scopes are now able to see through smoke grenades
  • Fix for charms not appearing where they should on various weapons
Leaderboards/Combat Records:
  • Fixed a bug where selecting “All” would sometimes kick the player back to the main menu
  • Added CTF and Hardpoint into Combat Records
Audio: Voice chat options:
  • No Effect – default voice chat. No additional effects or EQ adjustments
  • Stealth Comms – Bring the immersion of the Campaign into Multiplayer with added SAS radio effects to voice chat
  • Classic Chatter – Feeling nostalgic? Coordinate with your team using classic Modern Warfare radio effects
Special Operations:
  • Added munitions drops! After various objectives, a care package will drop to provide you with much needed munitions!
  • Various exploit fixes
  • Fix for an issue where players could lose functionality after using the EMP Drone in Operation Crosswind
  • Fix for crashes that occur when viewing the scoreboard from the match summary
Survival:
  • Fix for enemies spawning out of bounds on Piccadilly
New Features:
  • Added an option to hide Friend requests and Party Invitations
  • Added support for additional keyboard layouts on PS4
Stability:
  • Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
General Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue where the boot up sequence volume would be too loud
  • Various keybinding adjustments
  • Players are now able to back out of the Gesture and Spray Wheel by clicking anywhere
  • More fixes to prevent hitching/stuttering during cutscenes
  • Fixed an issue where the Main Menu music would not play when users activated the Skip Introduction Movie option
  • Fix for an error that could occur when attempting to manage a party
  • Multiple fixes for different Aspect Ratios on various menus/screens in the game
  • Fix for a bug where the XP Token shortcut key would also open Nvidia Highlights feature simultaneously (Now on “F” key)
  • Fix for a bug where some achievements would appear as completed even though they were

Wanted to get this on PC, but it seems it is broken as hell. A shame, because the game sure looks interesting. Don't want to make the same mistake as I did with BO4, so I will keep waiting.

They addressed the footsteps in the patch notes. They never talked about the SBMM so it’s understandable why they haven’t mentioned it too
They haven't addressed the problem with the footsteps. Which is when you run around they are LOUD AS FUCK, which stops people from running around and encourages even more camping.

McCheese

Had a go at some or the other game modes and wow, the core multiplayer quick match stuff is amazing, but the special ops and ground war modes are so bad.

Wish they had spent more time just boosting the map count in the core modes, and left their poor man's battlefield stuff to die, doubt I'll even bother playing them again.

Last edited:
I tried Ground War and was constantly sniped by people I couldn't see. There is also one of the GW maps which tanked my performance, for some reason. Shouldn't happen with a 1080 ti and I7 8700.

EDIT the 2 v 2 mode is very good.

Last edited:
Ah my bad. Good thing it’ll surely be coming later. They’re listening and that’s a good thing mate
I'm not sure they are listening. The footsteps has been one of the major bones of contention within the community since the game released. They've now adjusted them twice but still haven't adjusted the actual thing people are complaining about. I hope you're right, though. There's a good game in there somewhere.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I'm not sure they are listening. The footsteps has been one of the major bones of contention within the community since the game released. They've now adjusted them twice but still haven't adjusted the actual thing people are complaining about. I hope you're right, though. There's a good game in there somewhere.
They might still haven’t got it right but they’re trying bro. There’s indeed a good game in there and with the right tweaking it’ll be perfect

Shmunter

I hear the problems, but let me encourage you to be more of glass half full guy There are issues, but do they eclipse the good stuff - not really.

Mista

Banned
The good thing about IW is that they actually listen as I previously said. BLOPS4 got ditched by me after a week. Treyarch doesn’t listen unless it’s something severe. That’s why I’m saying that IW will get the game “there” .. Let’s just wait and see for now

Am I correct in saying that they are adding a bunch of classic maps, like Terminal, etc, to this? I'm sure I read / saw that somewhere. That will be a big improvement.

From the patch notes it seems weird that the update was so large. I wonder if they've made some behind the scenes changes to the SBMM. I hope so. Having the lobby dissolved after every round isn't great. No way to get revenge on people. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom