• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Bolivar687

Banned
I love the 6v6 maps in this game. They're still slightly smaller, but I would have written off Call of Duty forever if this had been another 3 lane Treyarch clone. I hated Picadilly like everyone else at first but it makes sense once you start moving from cover to cover after stopping and checking each sightline.

Rushing in Call of Duty should be a privilege, not a right. I don't camp at all and have a positive KD.

I do agree the skill based matchmaking is utterly out of control. It's really obvious when the game is putting you in a high latency lobby for SBMM, as the characters models begin shivering as they move. On a wired connection, it's hilariously absurd how far out of the way they're going to bring you to 1.0. My games go from wild swings where I'm anywhere from 2.0-5.0 KDR, then struggling to hit 1.0.

Also, anyone having a hard time with this game should try playing on the lowest latency display in their house, usually a computer monitor. The difference between a 45+ inch HDTV and a smaller display is chasmic.

gioGAF

I have been enjoying this game. More now than when it launched, but that is because I have learned the maps. Weapons are great, I'm glad IW hasn't destroyed anything. The nerfs to the 725 were warranted, but it is still good and has decent range, it just won't erase you from across a map while firing from the hip. The other shotguns are also decent, which is fantastic.

The update they just released was also great, lots of fixes, no ruining of anything. The only thing they haven't addressed that irks me is SBMM. It is not even the fact that it puts me in sweaty lobbies whenever I am doing well, it is that it is difficult to judge my progress if the game keeps artificially moving me around. I feel like this is being done on purpose to keep me on the hamster wheel longer. In non-ranked play, there should be no SBMM whatsoever, just give me the best possible connection. I end up playing with people half way around the globe and losing many head to head encounters due to the shit latency.

I didn't get to play very much yesterday, stupid patch download and "copy" ate up most of my time. IW is moving in the right direction with footsteps. They should be clearly audible, but not insanely loud. They have toned the volume down since launch, and they appear to have made more adjustments to crouch walking and ADS walking (should be pretty quiet now). I think the so-called footstep issue could also be addressed by having a Dead Silence perk in the #2 slot (no sound OR invisible to UAV but not BOTH).

Game seems pretty much exactly the same to me. I also see reports stating, as SLB1904 says above, that the patch has broken a bunch of stuff. Back to CoD WW2 for me.

gioGAF

My weapons weren't gaining xp last night, so I quit playing. Maybe it is a weapon blueprint thing, I remember those weren't gaining xp a while back. Might have to remove them on non-maxed weapons for now, however I don't want to give back my Piercer :-(

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I normally take them down if I see them. But are you saying that these things never expire if no one on my team shoots them down? My minimap was scrambled for about 20 minutes straight, haven't seen that before.

That's unusual, I've never seen that happen before. I think they are supposed to last 23 seconds? Probably just a bug?

Shmunter

I love the 6v6 maps in this game. They're still slightly smaller, but I would have written off Call of Duty forever if this had been another 3 lane Treyarch clone. I hated Picadilly like everyone else at first but it makes sense once you start moving from cover to cover after stopping and checking each sightline.

Rushing in Call of Duty should be a privilege, not a right. I don't camp at all and have a positive KD.

I do agree the skill based matchmaking is utterly out of control. It's really obvious when the game is putting you in a high latency lobby for SBMM, as the characters models begin shivering as they move. On a wired connection, it's hilariously absurd how far out of the way they're going to bring you to 1.0. My games go from wild swings where I'm anywhere from 2.0-5.0 KDR, then struggling to hit 1.0.

Also, anyone having a hard time with this game should try playing on the lowest latency display in their house, usually a computer monitor. The difference between a 45+ inch HDTV and a smaller display is chasmic.

I’m with ya on the 3 lane design. Glad that esports philosophy got scrapped here, fresh.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I could see this gamers having a great time with this game, if you're still deciding on a game to get this holiday season I would take a shot at MW.

Been playing this game for the past week and I'm loving the MP. Yeah it has got its issues, but so does every COD. All I want is maybe 5-6 more maps, 2 from each previous MW game. I like most of the current maps but I want some classics with this gunplay.

The campaign was decent but nothing special. Loved the post credits scenes. Hope they bring the team back for the next game in the series.

Spec Ops is a letdown though, I was expecting missions and survival to be similar to MW2 and 3. Instead we got something else, it's not terrible but not really fun either, and it's too difficult. Also annoyed that one mission which is similar to old spec ops is locked behind some kind of tickets in MP.

Overall, at least from a MP perspective, it's my favorite COD in years.

GamingKaiju

Really enjoying this game but the maps... really need at least another 4-6 new maps for the regular playlist. Shoot house is fun and all but I’m finding myself backing out of Lobbys when I see St Petrograd I hate that fucking map.

Mista

Banned
How’s this even possible :/?

F9-B15809-E40-A-448-D-8-EE7-593127959-D24.jpg

I’m just wondering how long are they going to support the game if they continue with this pace

I mean, have they said anything? Every 2 months seems like it , no?

Maaan, I'm just going insane waiting for CyberPunk to drop then nothing for me till next gen 🤜🔥🤛

Mista, worth dropping $300 on the Pro again just to play Death Stranding? Target has a sick deal

Mista

Banned
I mean, have they said anything? Every 2 months seems like it , no?

Maaan, I'm just going insane waiting for CyberPunk to drop then nothing for me till next gen 🤜🔥🤛

Mista, worth dropping $300 on the Pro again just to play Death Stranding? Target has a sick deal

But at this rate it isn’t every 2 months, it’s actually every two weeks so far. That’s why I was wondering if they’ll stop supporting the game after 3-4 months or they’ll keep on delivering

Oh yes baby! So far it’s my GOTY and GOTM. But never mind what I actually say, this game is a hit and miss. Many people loved it and many people hated it too so I don’t know where you’re going to end up😂

But at this rate it isn’t every 2 months, it’s actually every two weeks so far. That’s why I was wondering if they’ll stop supporting the game after 3-4 months or they’ll keep on delivering

Oh yes baby! So far it’s my GOTY and GOTM. But never mind what I actually say, this game is a hit and miss. Many people loved it and many people hated it too so I don’t know where you’re going to end up😂

It's a good ass deal got nothing to loose, and hard to pass up.. if this bish is whack and boring I'll return the whole thing back.

But so far , with the folks impressions and what I have seen, looks pretty unique, a stand out and very original. 🤜🤛

Top Bottom