• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

nemiroff

Gold Member
Does anyone know why I sometimes get no XP after a match?

EG0Qw0s.png
qFUv1wy.png

gioGAF

Still having a great time with this game. The new season looks good and the double xp is most welcome. I'm still not 155 and really want the OG M16 blueprint before the reset. Also cool to see the Tar-21 (Ram-7) is being added. I hope IW/Activision don't f' things up this time.

It's fucking painful not to change FoV for consoles. Sad thing is, FoV changes when the Dead Silence is on and works great. So... Why they don't add this shit?

Shmunter

It's fucking painful not to change FoV for consoles. Sad thing is, FoV changes when the Dead Silence is on and works great. So... Why they don't add this shit?
Still going with the level playing field Idea no doubt, but then they let in pc crossplay....so they may as well give it to consoles. Apex Legends has FOV setting on console, and it doesn’t even have crossplay.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
This thing should be standard in all FPS games at least. Let alone having crossplay with PC while they have all the advantages against you

GenericUser

Still having a great time with this game. The new season looks good and the double xp is most welcome. I'm still not 155 and really want the OG M16 blueprint before the reset. Also cool to see the Tar-21 (Ram-7) is being added. I hope IW/Activision don't f' things up this time.
I'm lvl 155 and haven't received the blueprint, what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I hope they increase the level cap in season 1, it's annoying to kill people and not getting a proper reward for it. These greedy assholes removed prestige from the game, I'm still bitter.

Last edited:

Shmunter

EDIT: I hope they increase the level cap in season 1, it's annoying to kill people and not getting a proper reward for it. These greedy assholes removed prestige from the game, I'm still bitter.
Yeah what’s the deal with that? Most seem stuck there now so it’s all a tapestry of sameness. And then you get the l40 quitters in gunfight when they freak out seeing 155.

Seems an odd approach.

Mista

Banned

You still get rewarded for guns though which is acceptable

VFXVeteran

Banned
Anyone playing the SP campaign? I just bought this last night to check out the RTX shadows and I'm very surprised at how good the rendering quality is in this game. The campaign is crazy.. so many things happening on the screen.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Anyone playing the SP campaign? I just bought this last night to check out the RTX shadows and I'm very surprised at how good the rendering quality is in this game. The campaign is crazy.. so many things happening on the screen.

what till you get to the "house" level at night. shit looks real at times

Mista

Banned
First thing I finished is the campaign. I love cods campaigns

gioGAF

You should already have it. Go to "create a class" and pick the M4, there should be a box next to it (where you select the AR category weapons, NOT the gunsmith). Once you choose it, you can then customize it, but it keeps its unique appearance. It is like the XRK weapons (if you bought a digital edition of some type).

You should already have it. Go to "create a class" and pick the M4, there should be a box next to it (where you select the AR category weapons, NOT the gunsmith). Once you choose it, you can then customize it, but it keeps its unique appearance. It is like the XRK weapons (if you bought a digital edition of some type).
It says “Operation Get Some” on gun butt 🙂

VFXVeteran

Banned
Played some more today in the campaign.

I can't believe how good this game looks! I thought I saw all there is with these end-of-cycle games on PC with Ultra settings @ 4k. Dare I say this game beats any of the RTX games by it's sheer rendering quality and lighting. The amount of detail of the NPCs is insane! And they used the RT shadowing very effectively. All the lights are casting shadows. The texture detail is ridiculous. Animation is meticulously accurate and gives the impression of real body mass. I'm completely confused why word of this game's visuals hasn't garnered enough attention. Truly baffled.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
Hi guys, just plugging the PS4 community CoD_GAF if anyone wants to join up as pres-season draws to a close and we head into Season 1. I removed the users who were mods back in the old site days, so if anyone would like moderator privileges let me know. Would love to hang with you guys and host forum FFA/Gun-Game matches for bragging rights! I'm also rmx687 on PSN and my in-game tag is Rez687.

Mista

Banned
Hi guys, just plugging the PS4 community CoD_GAF if anyone wants to join up as pres-season draws to a close and we head into Season 1. I removed the users who were mods back in the old site days, so if anyone would like moderator privileges let me know. Would love to hang with you guys and host forum FFA/Gun-Game matches for bragging rights! I'm also rmx687 on PSN and my in-game tag is Rez687.
Nothing for Xbox and PC?

Justin9mm

What's everyone playing Modern Warfare on?

I have been playing on my X since day one but have just double dipped and picked it up for my Pro as I got it cheap on Cyber Monday sale. The reasoning is, I chose X because of it supposedly being a better graphical version, I prefer a sharper higher resolution. But there has been a few issues, namely the performance with screen tearing, all my friends are on Pro and for some reason, the audio chat does not work at all on my X. Everything is enabled on both the actual Xbox and game as far as settings but it doesn't work. Can't hear anyone in the lobby or game ever and they are unmuted.

So I thought I would try it for the Pro and see if I have a better experience., it helps that all my progress carries over through my account.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
What's everyone playing Modern Warfare on?

I have been playing on my X since day one but have just double dipped and picked it up for my Pro as I got it cheap on Cyber Monday sale. The reasoning is, I chose X because of it supposedly being a better graphical version, I prefer a sharper higher resolution. But there has been a few issues, namely the performance with screen tearing, all my friends are on Pro and for some reason, the audio chat does not work at all on my X. Everything is enabled on both the actual Xbox and game as far as settings but it doesn't work. Can't hear anyone in the lobby or game ever and they are unmuted.

So I thought I would try it for the Pro and see if I have a better experience., it helps that all my progress carries over through my account.
I’m playing on the X and the only problem I faced is game crashing and shutting down the console during the first two days of launch.

Justin9mm

I’m playing on the X and the only problem I faced is game crashing and shutting down the console during the first two days of launch.
So you can hear people talking in the lobby and say on your team in game? Because I can see speakers next to names in the lobby and they are unmuted and nothing. It's completely silent 100% of the time. It wasn't like this on the beta though and everything like cross communication on the Xbox and in game is enabled and open. My NAT type is open too so no issue with that. I never had crashes or shutting down though but its installed on my external hdd and i was told that the issue was with it being installed on the console's internal drive.

Mista

Banned
So you can hear people talking in the lobby and say on your team in game? Because I can see speakers next to names in the lobby and they are unmuted and nothing. It's completely silent 100% of the time. It wasn't like this on the beta though and everything like cross communication on the Xbox and in game is enabled and open. My NAT type is open too so no issue with that. I never had crashes or shutting down though but its installed on my external hdd and i was told that the issue was with it being installed on the console's internal drive.
Yes. Have you checked the audio settings? There’re some audio settings for people mics if I remember correctly

Top Bottom