• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Justin9mm

Yes. Have you checked the audio settings? There’re some audio settings for people mics if I remember correctly
I've checked every Xbox and in game setting there is.. it's either a bug with my game or maybe I need to re-install it but I don;t want to do that. I've scoured the internet for fixes, it seems there have been a few others with the issue but no fix that I can find. There are some mic volume audio settings but that's all I know of, that's all fine. It's really pissed me off to be honest, I've spent hours trying to resolve.

Here is a reddit link to someone having same issue..

Last edited:

Connxtion

I've checked every Xbox and in game setting there is.. it's either a bug with my game or maybe I need to re-install it but I don;t want to do that. I've scoured the internet for fixes, it seems there have been a few others with the issue but no fix that I can find. There are some mic volume audio settings but that's all I know of, that's all fine. It's really pissed me off to be honest, I've spent hours trying to resolve.

Here is a reddit link to someone having same issue..

Yeah it’s hit or miss. I don’t think we can hear folk who are on PC, as I can hear some folk but not all. (No cross party chat)

Also not sure if you’re in a party it only allows you to hear your party members or everyone. (That’s on the same system)

Shmunter

I
What's everyone playing Modern Warfare on?

I have been playing on my X since day one but have just double dipped and picked it up for my Pro as I got it cheap on Cyber Monday sale. The reasoning is, I chose X because of it supposedly being a better graphical version, I prefer a sharper higher resolution. But there has been a few issues, namely the performance with screen tearing, all my friends are on Pro and for some reason, the audio chat does not work at all on my X. Everything is enabled on both the actual Xbox and game as far as settings but it doesn't work. Can't hear anyone in the lobby or game ever and they are unmuted.

So I thought I would try it for the Pro and see if I have a better experience., it helps that all my progress carries over through my account.
I‘m on pro and had good convos with xbros. Not sure why you are having issues

gioGAF

I spent this past double xp week grinding up to 155 to get the "OG" M4 variant. I am quite disappointed with it. The iron sight is much worse than the regular M4 which completely defeats the purpose of the variant IMO.

I wish IW/Activision would put a little more effort into the "prize" for grinding to max level. This is supposed to be a "Legendary" unlock. I went up 155 levels only to get a worse version of the base model, smh. I'm not asking for an advantage, but at least have it be EQUAL to the base model instead of WORSE.

The XRK model has worse iron sights than the base model, but at least that was a freebie for digital buyers. Not quite the slap in the face the "OG" turned out to be.

I have heard that some of the variants, particularly a pistol were updated to not be as plain/crappy. I really hope the devs do something about this one.

Gerdav

I hope they release the patch ahead of 6pm (UK) in the same way as they did with the shoot house update, for me downloading the update should not be a issue on the X or Pro ( I double dipped) but by the time the copystation is done it’ll be a miracle if anyone in the UK/European time zones even gets to play on the PS4 tonight.

Mista

Banned
I hope they release the patch ahead of 6pm (UK) in the same way as they did with the shoot house update, for me downloading the update should not be a issue on the X or Pro ( I double dipped) but by the time the copystation is done it’ll be a miracle if anyone in the UK/European time zones even gets to play on the PS4 tonight.
The “copying” process is absurd

Gerdav

6pm is the confirmed release time for season 1, I just hope they release the update earlier and then at 6pm kick everyone off the servers and release a in game title update with the new playlists as they did with the shoot house update.

And on a different note as it’s that time of year is anyone hoping we get the “winter crash” version as well, that brings back some nostalgia of back in the day.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i just bought the game in the BF sale.
any tips? been ages since i played a COD game. i stopped buying them after that fucking garbo black ops 3 one

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
How bad is the camping? I'm still having a ton of fun with WW2 so I'm on the fence here, but the sale seems to end any minute now. Not sure what to do.

Gerdav

I wonder what time the update will go live in the UK.
How bad is the camping? I'm still having a ton of fun with WW2 so I'm on the fence here, but the sale seems to end any minute now. Not sure what to do.

The camping depends on your skill level to be frank, the higher you skill rank the less enjoyable this game can become in TDM, if your happy to play objective modes it’s more bearable, the SBMM really needs to be fucked off ASAP, hopefully it might be a secret feature of today’s update.

Last edited:
Ive been trying to beat the "get 20 kills with the chopper gunner" challenge for the last week.
I use a shotgun and only play TDM, so its been very difficult to get 10 kills in a row - though the Kill Chain perk is very useful, if I can get a good reward in my Care Package.
Tonight I was super lucky and got 2 Chopper Gunners in one game (10 kills plus one in the care package). Im so close now! :O The reward is a black LMG that I'll probably never use, but I just wanna beat it.

F**k, so we’re gonna play this maybe before midnight if we’re lucky (Europe time) after, I’m sure, another massive GB update.

And there’s still TF2 and that other game to download. Sigh.

Gerdav

Restarted my console and still nothing for me :(

I have found the Xbox One to be a nightmare for updates since launch if one is released and you console is already turned on, the only sure way seems to be turning it completely off in energy saving mode and leaving it for 10-15 min before turning it back on.

This update seems to be hammering the servers though, my download speed is fluctuating between 130Mbps and literally going into the kbs.

I have double dipped on this game I am not even going to attempt to turn the Pro on and download it as I can’t be bothered with the copying just going to leave it until tomorrow morning and leave the copystation do it thing in the background then.

Mista

Banned
I have found the Xbox One to be a nightmare for updates since launch if one is released and you console is already turned on, the only sure way seems to be turning it completely off in energy saving mode and leaving it for 10-15 min before turning it back on.

This update seems to be hammering the servers though, my download speed is fluctuating between 130Mbps and literally going into the kbs.

I have double dipped on this game I am not even going to attempt to turn the Pro on and download it as I can’t be bothered with the copying just going to leave it until tomorrow morning and leave the copystation do it thing in the background then.
I did the magic trick and it worked. Hard reset solves everything

It’s weird that you can’t manually check for updates like the PS4. The servers are about to explode too, I can feel it while downloading the update. Speed is acting weird and now not downloading at all

They removed Gun Game and Shoothouse 24/7? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's like they're trying to piss people off. I'm sure the real reason is because most people were playing those exclusively and we can't possibly be allowed to ignore their shitty maps.

Gerdav

I did the magic trick and it worked. Hard reset solves everything

It’s weird that you can’t manually check for updates like the PS4. The servers are about to explode too, I can feel it while downloading the update. Speed is acting weird and now not downloading at all

Mine finished thankfully, what I don’t think is helping either is MS released a 42GB update for Madter Chief Collection with Halo Reach at exactly 6pm too

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Mine finished thankfully, what I don’t think is helping either is MS released a 42GB update for Madter Chief Collection with Halo Reach at exactly 6pm too
I paused it. Played the hell out of reach before so it can wait now

Gerdav

Played a few games on Crash, they have added a new area in perfect for campers, they just can’t help themselves, it’s down the steps by the garage where one team spawns, standing on a dumpster behind a wall overlooking the chopper, they just can’t seem to help themselves.

And as I pre ordered the digital deluxe version and had the cod points I have purchased the battle pass and took the extra option forto get the first 20 tiers instantly and so have received the MP5 legendary sand snake variant OMG is it overpowered ,i have only played three games but it seems to be almost 725 levels of op, it just melts and at a ridiculous range for a SMG.

Last edited:

Gerdav

Ok so I just tried in vain to get into a game in Vacant or Shipment, nothing came up only Crash in the main quick play, so I went into private match and Vacant or Shipment are not there, Atrium and Cargo are there for gunfight am I missing something here? Or have Vacant and Shipment been pulled

Ok so I just tried in vain to get into a game in Vacant or Shipment, nothing came up only Crash in the main quick play, so I went into private match and Vacant or Shipment are not there, Atrium and Cargo are there for gunfight am I missing something here? Or have Vacant and Shipment been pulled
Only Crash was included apparently. The other maps come later.

Mista

Banned
They’ll be coming later

Gerdav

Only Crash was included apparently. The other maps come later.

So is this IW failing to deliver or the marketing department screwing up by not communicating the fact those maps were only ever supposed to be dropping at some point during season 1 and not actually today as their promotional material actually implied.

Mista

Banned
So is this IW failing to deliver or the marketing department screwing up by not communicating the fact those maps were only ever supposed to be dropping at some point during season 1 and not actually today as their promotional material actually implied.
Seems like it. The season 1 picture clearly said Crash, Vacant and Shipment. I've only seen Crash
Very misleading

Last edited:

gioGAF

Played a few games on Crash, they have added a new area in perfect for campers, they just can’t help themselves, it’s down the steps by the garage where one team spawns, standing on a dumpster behind a wall overlooking the chopper, they just can’t seem to help themselves.

And as I pre ordered the digital deluxe version and had the cod points I have purchased the battle pass and took the extra option forto get the first 20 tiers instantly and so have received the MP5 legendary sand snake variant OMG is it overpowered ,i have only played three games but it seems to be almost 725 levels of op, it just melts and at a ridiculous range for a SMG.
The legendary MP5 is EXACTLY the same as the base model, except for the appearance. Same fire rate, same damage, etc. If you think it is overpowered, then maybe you should have been using the MP5 this whole time.

manfestival

I feel like people are trying too hard to rage others out. Truly this is low level compared to the MW lobbies of yesteryear.

Anyways, I have put a solid amount of time into the game. Beat the single player and probably level 82 with only like 3 hours spent during the double xp weekend. I want to try the coop stuff but I can say that this game is a great value for sure. It has a bigger hook for me than most games that I have played recently.
Fortunate that my friend gave me his key for the game since he hates call of duty so I have spent 0 dollars on this and have enjoyed every moment of the game that I have spent. Aside from the broken cutscenes of the single player(which they eventually fixed HALLELUJAH). I had to stop playing the campaign cause it bothered me so much. I even watched streamers go crazy about it too for ultimate hilarity(since they have 2080tis, super fast ssds, and etc).

so far the only mission I struggled with was getting headshots with pistols. At least struggled with it because I did it before I got the 357 or deagle.

Gerdav

Seems like it. The season 1 picture clearly said Crash, Vacant and Shipment. I've only seen Crash
Very misleading

Indeed it is, I would actually rather have all the maps dropping on day 1 of each season if I’m being honest, basically like a map pack, as opposed to being drip fed them throughout the season, and then go again day 1 with season 2 and so on.

Mista

Banned
Indeed it is, I would actually rather have all the maps dropping on day 1 of each season if I’m being honest, basically like a map pack, as opposed to being drip fed them throughout the season, and then go again day 1 with season 2 and so on.
Yeah I fully agree. I believe they're taking this route to keep things refreshing throughout the season

Gerdav

The legendary MP5 is EXACTLY the same as the base model, except for the appearance. Same fire rate, same damage, etc. If you think it is overpowered, then maybe you should have been using the MP5 this whole time.

I have never touched the MP5 outside of gunfight where it didn’t appear this OP, I have been mainly using the M13, MP7 and P90, I will give the normal MP5 a go tomorrow although I expect I have nothing unlocked for it so it won’t be a fair comparison.

Mista

Banned
I have never touched the MP5 outside of gunfight where it didn’t appear this OP, I have been mainly using the M13, MP7 and P90, I will give the normal MP5 a go tomorrow although I expect I have nothing unlocked for it so it won’t be a fair comparison.
The MP5 is all around the best it seems but to me I’d pick the P90 and MP7 over it. My problem with the MP5 is that it isn’t consistent at least with me. One game I go crazy with it and a game after I struggle to get 7 kills with it

After reaching max level with the gun though things became different. The Sand Snake blueprint is mad too!

Mista

Banned
True true. I changed couple of attachments here and there and made the gun literally a laser beam. But definitely the Sand Snake will look OP to anyone that hasn’t played with the gun or unlocked anything for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom