• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Mista

Banned
Season 3 roadmap

CallofDuty_2020-Apr-07.jpg.webp

Mista

Banned
Well I don't know about the "of course" part, I once had to download like 120 gigs to play Modern Warfare, which was the exact moment I decided I no longer want to bother with it.
It was a joke because they always release massive patches. Thats all :)

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Is TDM and the other regular modes still heavily populated in this game, or did they all move on to Warzone? Thinking about buying it, but it would suck if the player base has already dried up...

I have been having a blast playing during quarentine; however, one thing I continue to see is the amount of whining children (e.g man children) that complain about campers. Does no one understand in real war scenarios, soldiers just don't run around aimlessly seeing who can pull up their ADS faster on Al-Qaeda? They move and communicate tactically.

If you are one of these players, grow up seriously. No one cares about your ego mentality about who can run around faster/aim or cranked up sensitivity.

Lupin3

We’re talking about CoD here mate. It never dries up

Fair enough! But the Warzone situation makes it a little bit more unique than before. Don't wanna spend $45 on half-empty lobbies. Although I still find plenty of games in WWII, so MW is probably fine, like you say. I'll bite!

Mista

Banned
Fair enough! But the Warzone situation makes it a little bit more unique than before. Don't wanna spend $45 on half-empty lobbies. Although I still find plenty of games in WWII, so MW is probably fine, like you say. I'll bite!
Its fine don't worry. You have my word

Lupin3

Ouch! It's re-downloading the whole 88 GB. I thought paying would just unlock MW since I already had Warzone installed. Well that fucking sucks!

Lupin3

Seems like Warzone is still intact, and that the full download will be 160-170 GB. Wtf is this? The CoD folder is now 133 GB, with some 30 GB still to go... And here I thought the Warzone update didn't add all that many GB's. Guess I was dead wrong, or this game is trolling me hard right now.

ToadMan

Does no one understand in real war scenarios,

If you think COD is a sim or even somewhat realistic, you are the problem.

Besides which your statement is totally wrong. In COD a camper doesn’t have an advantage over the guy running, corner jumping and ADS’ing the camper with a sniper rifle - COD is designed to discourage camping.

Campers get a few lucky kills and those screw up more talented players streaks - that’s the problem.

If you think COD is a sim or even somewhat realistic, you are the problem.

Besides which your statement is totally wrong. In COD a camper doesn’t have an advantage over the guy running, corner jumping and ADS’ing the camper with a sniper rifle - COD is designed to discourage camping.

Campers get a few lucky kills and those screw up more talented players streaks - that’s the problem.

Never said that; it is a game you are right but it is still a military based game. Even Battlefield, while more authentic is still not realistic and a game. But quit bitching about how other people enjoy playing their game. Because I play the reserved mover/camper, I can get quite a few kills and still get decent killstreaks. But everyone plays differently and because someone doesn't have "talent" like teens with quicker reaction times doesn't allow people to be disrespectful. No one has to follow the pack and run around. Personally I found the first MW the best because of the lack of killstreaks. The Korean there are and chaotic makes the game worse.

Not to mention, not everyone just plays Call of Duty every day to in those people words "git gud".

And sorry, CoD was designed to encourage all forms of play not to prevent campers otherwise they wouldn't have things like buildings/cover, cold-blooded, ghost and make it just an open field of spawn killing, etc with none of those whatsoever.

Last edited:

ToadMan

Never said that; it is a game you are right but it is still a military based game. Even Battlefield, while more authentic is still not realistic and a game. But quit bitching about how other people enjoy playing their game. Because I play the reserved mover/camper, I can get quite a few kills and still get decent killstreaks. But everyone plays differently and because someone doesn't have "talent" like teens with quicker reaction times doesn't allow people to be disrespectful. No one has to follow the pack and run around. Personally I found the first MW the best because of the lack of killstreaks. The Korean there are and chaotic makes the game worse.

Not to mention, not everyone just plays Call of Duty every day to in those people words "git gud".

And sorry, CoD was designed to encourage all forms of play not to prevent campers otherwise they wouldn't have things like buildings/cover, cold-blooded, ghost and make it just an open field of spawn killing, etc with none of those whatsoever.

Im not shitting on the way you’re playing - I’m pointing out that CoD (and BF) are in no way realitistic whatsoever. Using that as justification for your gameplay style is silly.

Even if they were realistic - camping is not a valid military tactic. Defending a position is one thing - camping in some uninteresting part of the map to shoot random stragglers in the back once before getting killed back is pointless.

If they were realistic, the entire game would be won by “camping” - the fact that camping is underpowered is evidence of how unrealistic both are.

The reason they’re so unrealistic is because camping isn’t fun - that’s why the games are designed to discourage camping. You can camp if you want - that doesn’t mean you can criticise people who get the gameplay for COD for calling you out on the way you’re playing.

Do you play online poker and go all in every hand? Would you expect a good player to point out your gameplay shortcomings if you did? Perhaps you’d get lucky and go on a win steak with this method - would that make you a good poker player? Of course not.

How about if you play SF and only block/hvy low kick spam? Is that fun for people and are you learning from doing that?

Sure you may enjoy to play those ways, but the people criticising you are doing so because you’ve failed to grasp the concept of the game you’re playing.

Camping is the video game equivalent of masturbaing - sure it’s fun for you, but no one else wants to be there while you’re doing it.

If you want to play a sim where defensive positions matter - go get ARMA or Red Orchestra 2. In those games, a good defensive position can be critical (and that’s not the same as camping).

But using realism as your justification in COD/BF is exactly the man child excuse you claim to hate.

Im not shitting on the way you’re playing - I’m pointing out that CoD (and BF) are in no way realitistic whatsoever. Using that as justification for your gameplay style is silly.

Even if they were realistic - camping is not a valid military tactic. Defending a position is one thing - camping in some uninteresting part of the map to shoot random stragglers in the back once before getting killed back is pointless.

If they were realistic, the entire game would be won by “camping” - the fact that camping is underpowered is evidence of how unrealistic both are.

The reason they’re so unrealistic is because camping isn’t fun - that’s why the games are designed to discourage camping. You can camp if you want - that doesn’t mean you can criticise people who get the gameplay for COD for calling you out on the way you’re playing.

Do you play online poker and go all in every hand? Would you expect a good player to point out your gameplay shortcomings if you did? Perhaps you’d get lucky and go on a win steak with this method - would that make you a good poker player? Of course not.

How about if you play SF and only block/hvy low kick spam? Is that fun for people and are you learning from doing that?

Sure you may enjoy to play those ways, but the people criticising you are doing so because you’ve failed to grasp the concept of the game you’re playing.

Camping is the video game equivalent of masturbaing - sure it’s fun for you, but no one else wants to be there while you’re doing it.

If you want to play a sim where defensive positions matter - go get ARMA or Red Orchestra 2. In those games, a good defensive position can be critical (and that’s not the same as camping).

But using realism as your justification in COD/BF is exactly the man child excuse you claim to hate.

I guess I should start calling those that push teams back and spawn kill / killstreak spam "good" or talented players... /shrug Those are definitely not fun for those involved, I would rather be masterbating, haha.

Regardless, my point which I feel you missed somehow was the amount of disrespect gamers show... I don't care how you play, or others play. They should do the same and be respectful or find another game.

nothing

I guess I should start calling those that push teams back and spawn kill / killstreak spam "good" or talented players... /shrug Those are definitely not fun for those involved, I would rather be masterbating, haha.

Regardless, my point which I feel you missed somehow was the amount of disrespect gamers show... I don't care how you play, or others play. They should do the same and be respectful or find another game.

yes, that would be a fair assessment.

So they have removed trios and you can now either do quads or solos.... That seems a bit fucking stupid, going as a duo on quads is not not viable at all...

Why would they do that? Surely solos, duos or quads is a better option?

Shmunter

This guy seems big on the game and claims Warzone is rampant with PC cheaters. I guess he'd be in a good position to recognize it.

Why the hell do us console users need to put-up with this crap. The crossplay switch does nothing in Warzone, is it a bug? Has Activision commented on it?? I want nothing to do with PC gaming and the shithouse unwashed userbase ffs.

This dilution of what makes consoles a reliable playing-field is beginning to grate on me.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Camping is a part of the game, if you dont like it you need to not play. I camp as often as I can because I am shit at the game if I move around too much. My reactions are slower than the average persons it seems, and if I can find a good spot to kotch in and catch a run and gunner unawares that is very satisfying for me. I like to play this way, and I couldnt give a flying fuck if people think that sucks, because its the only way I can actually play it and be of any help to my team. Yes, my skills are fucking woeful, so what should I do in your opinion? Git gud? Not play? Well neither of those are happening, so you can expect to rage quit if you come across me hiding in the bushes shooting you in the back, while I chuckle with glee that I outsmarted you.

Camping is a part of the game, if you dont like it you need to not play. I camp as often as I can because I am shit at the game if I move around too much. My reactions are slower than the average persons it seems, and if I can find a good spot to kotch in and catch a run and gunner unawares that is very satisfying for me. I like to play this way, and I couldnt give a flying fuck if people think that sucks, because its the only way I can actually play it and be of any help to my team. Yes, my skills are fucking woeful, so what should I do in your opinion? Git gud? Not play? Well neither of those are happening, so you can expect to rage quit if you come across me hiding in the bushes shooting you in the back, while I chuckle with glee that I outsmarted you.

Camping and movement is a totally viable way to play the game. Having the twitch skills of a methed up 14 year old is all well and good, but I prefer to slowly outmaneuver and outwit opponents.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:
Im pretty excited for the new Battle Pass. I've been downloading it all night and just got a good look at all the rewards.
The best stuff.

1. Mara is FINALLY wearing that tank top. She'd been teased in that outfit in a bunch of DLC pics and now she's here at last. Great tits.

2. Some other cool soldier-y type outfits. Theres a good four or five there that I'll use quite a bit. Its great that we can finally customize the default soldiers too.

3. That dog execution move. lol

4. Some cute keyrings, including the German Shepard and the Juggernaut.

I havent played CoD in close to a month. Im now looking forward to getting back into it this Easter weekend.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I think its pretty cool how after buying a season battle pass you can earn enough COD coins while completing it to buy the next season's pass.
It's almost enough to make me harbour some good will towards Activision.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Lol LMGs absolutely butt devastate folks in Warzone. The long reload is rarely a factor in that mode.

Also they must have severely decreased the RPG spawn rate cuz I didnt see one in 2 hours of play.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Camping and movement is a totally viable way to play the game. Having the twitch skills of a methed up 14 year old is all well and good, but I prefer to slowly outmaneuver and outwit opponents.

Lol yeah I love to maneuver to the center, have claymores lined up in two entrances as I watch the third entrance and destroy unsuspecting rambos running in. But damn last night someone did a killstreak, my claymore didn't blow up but the killstreak made the door fly open, I went to close door and the follow up bombing blew the claymore up in my face 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I was sooooo mad!!!

With this game about half of the strategy for me is about the audio and knowing where ppl are coming from. I love paying attention to the senses and figuring out what door someine came through or zip line to then get the drop on them.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I haven't played CoD since....BLOPS 2 I think? Getting an itch to play again since Doom Eternal is making me feel like a badass lol.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played CoD since....BLOPS 2 I think? Getting an itch to play again since Doom Eternal is making me feel like a badass lol.
I hated all things COD after the first Black Ops but this game is amazing. You're missing out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caffeine

bnet really needs to fix their redownload the whole game bug that randomly occurs to people each new season update.

Kerotan

4 wins today bringing the total to 40. Very solid team and to be honest we probably should have of won another 2 at least.

Really not enjoying the new 4 man squads, just feel like it completely imbalances the game. Trios were perfect - my mates and me have given up on this until they at least at duos in

Edit - they've just added Trios back :)

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Bouncing between warzone and S & D has given me a reminder of how great mp gaming can be with friends. I'm even playing with friends I played with when the original MW released.

Some have kids now and haven't played in years and now this game has brought us back together.

Top Bottom