• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

With all of the updated maps I decided to give this game another go. Just played 7 matches in a row, all of them on either recycled maps, or on new ones that didn't ship with the game. Guess what? The game is actually fun now.

Let's hope they keep the shitty maps that shipped with the game completely out of the rotation. Also, the footsteps don't seem as loud, although I didn't hear anything about them being nerfed.

Pretty disappointed to see one of the new weapons is a pistol. Other than the Desert Eagle, I find that whole class so boring.
Anyway, I tried the new pistol out with my riot shield class and it felt pretty underwhelming. I heard it gets better with burst though.

In my experience this game is like playing destiny competitive playlist with light level enabled and i'm underleveled. And everybody is a hunter.
Jesus... I'm trying to git gud but holy shit. Ironically the last few matches i ended up first in my team. But we were destroyd everytime.

manfestival

In my experience this game is like playing destiny competitive playlist with light level enabled and i'm underleveled. And everybody is a hunter.
Jesus... I'm trying to git gud but holy shit. Ironically the last few matches i ended up first in my team. But we were destroyd everytime.
As someone that plays both destiny 2 and this... your analogy doesn't make sense. There is actual skill based matchmaking in this game. This isn't like destiny at all, nor is there any actual parallel to light levels.

As someone that plays both destiny 2 and this... your analogy doesn't make sense. There is actual skill based matchmaking in this game. This isn't like destiny at all, nor is there any actual parallel to light levels.
What i meant is i'm miserable and my weapons don't seem to do enough damage.

manfestival

What i meant is i'm miserable and my weapons don't seem to do enough damage.
I get it, I have a stupid amount of time in the game at this point. Some guns just consistently feel better than others like any other shooter. Fortunately you don't have to rely on RNG or some crazy dungeon in order to get the best gear like in d2. Just unlock the gun through playing the game and unlock all attachments by just using the gun and figure out what is the best for you. It does help to use meta weapons like the m4, mp5, mp7, grau, ax50, HDR, renetti, 725, 680, PKM, and etc

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Not sure I understand the skin packs you can buy (ugh). If the skin says "assault rifle", does it apply to ALL unlocked assault rifles in your inventory, or does it only fit the one the skin pack shows in the preview (different rifles show for different packs)? I find zero info about this in the game. All I want is to be sure the skin fits the AK before I waste money on it.

manfestival

Not sure I understand the skin packs you can buy (ugh). If the skin says "assault rifle", does it apply to ALL unlocked assault rifles in your inventory, or does it only fit the one the skin pack shows in the preview (different rifles show for different packs)? I find zero info about this in the game. All I want is to be sure the skin fits the AK before I waste money on it.
the skins/blueprints only apply to that ONE gun. Achievement and CDL skins are the only universal ones. Everything else is unfortunately gunspecific. So if you want dismemberment then you need to buy and use that AK47 blueprint

Lupin3

the skins/blueprints only apply to that ONE gun. Achievement and CDL skins are the only universal ones. Everything else is unfortunately gunspecific. So if you want dismemberment then you need to buy and use that AK47 blueprint

Well that's a lot of bull...

Thanks for clarifying! This means I would have to waste 2400 cod points on the boring Talon pack just to get a black AK. No thanks!

manfestival

Well that's a lot of bull...

Thanks for clarifying! This means I would have to waste 2400 cod points on the boring Talon pack just to get a black AK. No thanks!
Yeah, it sucks you can't mix and match. I personally love the AK47 and wanted that blueprint but I don't care for Talon either. Funny enough, the Mace pack also has dismemberment blueprints but I don't want the shotgun... Mace and the PKM are cool though... just not cool enough for $20.

What kind of set ups are people running? I have the M4A1 as my primary and the 725 shotgun as my secondary. Like 95% of players, I imagine. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I wouldn't mind trying out some new weapons, even if it does put me at a disadvantage.

Lupin3

What kind of set ups are people running? I have the M4A1 as my primary and the 725 shotgun as my secondary. Like 95% of players, I imagine. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I wouldn't mind trying out some new weapons, even if it does put me at a disadvantage.

I used to switch between M4 and P90 earlier, but now it's all about the AK-47. I find it excellent at most ranges as well, just tapping away across the map and full auto up close. I haven't even bothered with my secondary yet.

I used to switch between M4 and P90 earlier, but now it's all about the AK-47. I find it excellent at most ranges as well, just tapping away across the map and full auto up close. I haven't even bothered with my secondary yet.
I might give that one a go then. I've heard the MP5 is good, too.

manfestival

They have made it so most of the conversion kits in the game have fixed some of the balancing mismatches. I watch a ton of video content because I play so much. I could definitely benefit from 10 more loadout slots. Maybe 5 more for multiplayer and 5 more for warzone. Inother words 15 for main and 5 warzone lol. My favorite gun in the game is the GRAU which I have one AR build and one SMG build of it. I have recently become a big fan of the tac laser/no stock combo on most guns. Those 2 things give me enough stats on ADS that I can change whatever else I want on the guns while making them feel powerful.
1 Mp5 build with 10mm rounds for when I feel I am not killing fast enough
Renetti is the best pistol in the game now so I am trying to level it up.
My sweatiest build is mp7 range + ads with pointman, quickfix, and tune up. Easy killstreaks, always on dead silence, and quick fix to save me when fighting multiple enemies. Lethal thermite(super versatile) and stim for tactical when I get hurt from lethals.
Everything else I swap in and out.

The p90 was my favorite for a long time but other SMGs are clearly better. Also the AK47 with the conversion kit makes it one of the best guns in the game.

Last edited:

manfestival

I don't even know what a conversion kit is.
conversion kits are usually a change of ammo types for weapons. Examples: 5.45 rounds for the AK47, snakeshot for the 357(turns the gun from lame to great), 10mm rounds for MP5, and etc. Many of these conversion kits change how the gun is used entirely like the 357 snake shot turning it from a power shooting pistol to a "mini shotgun."

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Won another Warzone match! Just me and one buddy. Duos against a bunch of trios.

Final shootout at the dam on the frozen ice. Shit got fucking crazy, but we both survived and both got 5 kills.

giphy.gif

Gerdav

So another update and IW find a new way to fuck up, already had to reinstall this game once thanks to their updates, and have just been staring at this for 25 minutes.
d66fyPQ.jpg

Gerdav

So after a hour of the above image it finally goes to a new screen and tells I must install data pack 1, it takes me to the store and this is apparently a new pack as it has a release date of 24th April, funny thing is I have played the game since then.

O well happy days it’s only another 18.4GB to download, why this could not have just been a part of the main update is beyond me, as well as the fact it took a hour of staring at fetching game installs before they even prompted me to download this pack.

IW give yourself a big pat on the back for another job well done.

Last edited:
Anyone else having to wait 10 minutes plus to get a game? Or having the game shut down randomly after matches? I AM.

Congrats, you incompetent dickheads, you broke the game again.

Anyone else having to wait 10 minutes plus to get a game? Or having the game shut down randomly after matches? I AM.

Congrats, you incompetent dickheads, you broke the game again.

Same, once in the blue moon they drop me in the lobby but I just can't stomach this BS I had to quit this, until they resolve and patch is available.

Thunder is east coast US. Exclusive Ace is in Norway. And I'm in Northern Ireland. Weird.

I was on for a while yesterday and it wasn't as bad, so maybe they've addressed it.

INC

Thunder is east coast US. Exclusive Ace is in Norway. And I'm in Northern Ireland. Weird.

I was on for a while yesterday and it wasn't as bad, so maybe they've addressed it.

i was on warzone yesterday

me pc - ping 30ms - desyncs, stuttering etc
friend ps4 (in party) - same region - ping 230ms (its never above 40ms normally)

im not playing til they fix, currrently for me its insta death from full health and armour in a split second, everyone else eating whole clips just to break armour. add to that the already high ping players, and hacks on pc, and the snap on AA from console, ill just leave until the servers are at least playable

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Unlocked Mara yesterday. Goddamn her boobs are big. I'm actually kind of surprised lol

Been leveling all my guns to 30 and having a fun time. Gave Ground War a shot and its kino. It just needs destruction like Battlefield to be truly amazing, but I understand why thats not in the cards development-wise.

Top Bottom