• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

SystematicChaos

Neo Member
Since Thursday night I have not received any XP in any mode, my battlepass has stopped progressing, I'm stuck on rank 154 and officer challenges have stopped recording.

No sign of infinity ward are aware. I've tweeted loads of infinity ward people no reply.

Happening to quiet a few people on Reddit as well.

Allforce

Can someone explain Weapon XP for me? Does it only accrue for the weapon you're currently holding when certain actions trigger an XP gain?

I mainly place Plunder and use a build with Dead Silence and carry a combat knife so I can just book it around the map and collect crates and cash. Not big on firefights and this strategy works really well overall if you take a decent course. But am I only leveling up the combat knife even if my primary weapon (AK, etc) is holstered? I see XP pops all game for completing contracts and picking up cash but I don't know where it's all going

gioGAF

Can someone explain Weapon XP for me? Does it only accrue for the weapon you're currently holding when certain actions trigger an XP gain?

I mainly place Plunder and use a build with Dead Silence and carry a combat knife so I can just book it around the map and collect crates and cash. Not big on firefights and this strategy works really well overall if you take a decent course. But am I only leveling up the combat knife even if my primary weapon (AK, etc) is holstered? I see XP pops all game for completing contracts and picking up cash but I don't know where it's all going
The weapon you get kills with is the one that gains XP. If you kill everyone with a knife, only your knife gains XP. I'm afraid you are going to have to actually use that AK in order to level it up.

FYI, this weekend has double weapon XP, so it is a good time to level things you want to use up. I just unlocked the new sniper and SMG and leveled them up in a couple of hours taking advantage of the double weapon XP.

Allforce

The weapon you get kills with is the one that gains XP. If you kill everyone with a knife, only your knife gains XP. I'm afraid you are going to have to actually use that AK in order to level it up.

FYI, this weekend has double weapon XP, so it is a good time to level things you want to use up. I just unlocked the new sniper and SMG and leveled them up in a couple of hours taking advantage of the double weapon XP.

Thanks for the reply, it'd been a few days and I basically figured it out on my own while playing. I know you answered regarding what weapons you get kills with but in Plunder you get Weapon XP even if you don't fire a shot. Contracts, etc give you Weapon XP but it does only apply to whatever you have in your hand at the moment the XP notification pops.

Also yeah, I'm probably late to the party but the 2XP weekends are great. Playing Shipment and just getting 3-6 levels on a gun per round feels awesome and I'm unlocking tons of stuff. Wish it was always this rewarding...

manfestival

Thanks for the reply, it'd been a few days and I basically figured it out on my own while playing. I know you answered regarding what weapons you get kills with but in Plunder you get Weapon XP even if you don't fire a shot. Contracts, etc give you Weapon XP but it does only apply to whatever you have in your hand at the moment the XP notification pops.

Also yeah, I'm probably late to the party but the 2XP weekends are great. Playing Shipment and just getting 3-6 levels on a gun per round feels awesome and I'm unlocking tons of stuff. Wish it was always this rewarding...
The game is rewarding. You just gotta get good at it and leveling will happen way too fast lol

Allforce

How do you buy previous battle passes? More specifically, how can I get the ghost operator?

There's no way to buy old Battle Passes but the store changes what seems like every 3 hours and there's always new packs. Seems like the only way to get a previous OP but I don't know if I've seen Ghost

Kerotan

241 wins now baby. Also got kicked from a party last night for having 1 kill and 4 deaths by a guy who's kd was only 1.72 lmao. While I was trash it was 7am and I had 1 eye half away. First time that happened though which is surprising considering its cod.

TheBoss1

241 wins now baby. Also got kicked from a party last night for having 1 kill and 4 deaths by a guy who's kd was only 1.72 lmao. While I was trash it was 7am and I had 1 eye half away. First time that happened though which is surprising considering its cod.
What a d-bag lol

Rbk_3

Man, I was having ok success getting 12 wins in Warzone winning about 4% of the time, but now I haven't won in almost a month. Last 2 nights I have had 11 top 10 and 5 top 5s in 20 games but just cannot win.

Top Bottom