• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: [R E F L E X] (Wii) Screens

Captain N

mwwii1.jpg

mwwii2.jpg

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/902/902591/imgs_1.html

Alex

That is the ugliest thing I've seen in quite some time. What are up with the sub PSone textures on that first pic. Seriously awful, Not-so-modern Warfare: 1994 edition.

Zhuk

Banned
I still find it amazing that Xbox 1 games looked better than Wii games... I guess the Wii really isn't that much of a leap from the Gamecube :(

Do these stupid fucking third parties not understand that you don't do photo realism on the Wii? It doesn't fucking work. CoD cell shaded would have been fucking awesome. FUCKING AWESOME.

laserbeam

Banned
sevenchaos said:
Do these stupid fucking third parties not understand that you don't do photo realism on the Wii? It doesn't fucking work. CoD cell shaded would have been fucking awesome. FUCKING AWESOME.

Agreed though this is showing the signs of a very quick cash in port. the textures etc are subpar compared to treyarchs previous effort.

ShogunX

Alex said:
That is the ugliest thing I've seen in quite some time. What are up with the sub PSone textures on that first pic. Seriously awful, Not-so-modern Warfare: 1994 edition.

Treyarch.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jesus fuck how do they manage to make it look worse then a GameCube game?

Alex

I dont even know if you can call that a texture, I think they just built up the geometry of the model, something on it glitched brown and they just stopped and said "close enough".

Dartastic

Zhuk said:
I still find it amazing that Xbox 1 games looked better than Wii games... I guess the Wii really isn't that much of a leap from the Gamecube :(

The Gamecube could rock much better than this. This is AWFUL.

Captain N

VOOK said:
Jesus fuck how do they manage to make it look worse then a GameCube game?

I hope the gameplay shots will look a little better. They don't show anything for the game and this is the first thing they show? lame.

Ardorx

Banned
:lol Treyarch :lol

Three cheers for such master developers!

It looks like a fucking iphone game, Jesus Christ.

gimmmick

You know what's sad? They can get away with this game looking like a first gen cube title, and it will still sell over 2 million copies.

Got to see it in motion to give it a fair shake... but yikes. :lol

The real fucking tragedy of these screens? If you took out wii, I would have thought these were psp / ps2.

Mirimar

Not sure why people are knocking on Treyarch for this. They did a great job with the COD4 engine for WaW. Maybe they just don't have much to work with? Kind of like what happened with the Okami Wii team, code was just thrown at them.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm not even sure why you'd release screenshots when your product looks like this.

Teknoman

Dartastic said:
The Gamecube could rock much better than this. This is AWFUL.

This. Seriously. Once again, they arent even trying. Why not just make an original Call of Duty Wii game to take advantage of the system, with well done online and Wii speak?

Its freaking Far Cry Vengence and Quantum of Solace all over again.

laserbeam

Banned
Mirimar said:
Not sure why people are knocking on Treyarch for this. They did a great job with the COD4 engine for WaW. Maybe they just don't have much to work with?

I am sure this is more activisions fault then anyone elses. Treyarch is busy working on the next COD and they got a low budget port tossed into their laps so activision would have a COD for Wii this year.

What activision needs to do is tell IW man up and do a Wii version along side

Top Bottom