• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: [R E F L E X] (Wii) Screens

vanguardian1 said:
IGN had an interesting poll, thought I might share.

readers-speak-out-on-cod4-wii-20090824000140050.jpg
Personally, I wouldn't want to hear XBL players anyway :D

It would be a loss, though, if the Wii has a better community (which it most definitely does). How polite are Wiispeak users for The Conduit?

rpmurphy

ChoklitReign said:

It would be a loss, though, if the Wii has a better community (which it most definitely does). How polite are Wiispeak users for The Conduit?
You only can do WiiSpeak with friends, so it depends how polite your friends are.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
vanguardian1 said:

yeah, voted i'd be buying it anyway, but honestly, stuff like this is why i don't really like the IGN Wii team. not to say i like many game journalists in general, it's just that matt and bozon have the same narrow mindset as any other kind of journalist it's just that they happen to reskin it to fit the Wii. they should be asking less "why isn't there voice chat" and more "when can we get footage?" the question of wii speak will only really matters once we have an idea of the rest of the game, and we don't have that yet!

Asmodai

Banned
doomed1 said:
yeah, voted i'd be buying it anyway, but honestly, stuff like this is why i don't really like the IGN Wii team. not to say i like many game journalists in general, it's just that matt and bozon have the same narrow mindset as any other kind of journalist it's just that they happen to reskin it to fit the Wii. they should be asking less "why isn't there voice chat" and more "when can we get footage?" the question of wii speak will only really matters once we have an idea of the rest of the game, and we don't have that yet!

Considering that MW is such a multiplayer oriented game, asking about voice chat makes a hell of a lot more sense than just asking when there will be more footage.

Asking when there will be more footage is just pointless. Activision/Treyarch will release it when they feel like it, not before. It's clear that they don't care about this port much at all from the shitty production values, so why would they care about its marketing either?

ChoklitReign said:

Xbox Live has an "auto-mute all non-friends" option. The best option ever created in the history of options.

With it, all 8 year olds are immediately and permanently silenced. So good. :D

devilhawk

Asmodai said:
Considering that MW is such a multiplayer oriented game, asking about voice chat makes a hell of a lot more sense than just asking when there will be more footage.

Asking when there will be more footage is just pointless. Activision/Treyarch will release it when they feel like it, not before. It's clear that they don't care about this port much at all from the shitty production values, so why would they care about its marketing either
If the game is shit, it doesn't matter what the voice chat capabilities are. The game's overall quality far exceeds the importance of voice chat. This game is going to have difficulty reaching that quality even if voice chat was available.

The 'more footage' part isn't just about timeline. He was talking about how they should be getting footage to be able to discern the overall quality of the game.

hellclerk

Asmodai said:

Asking when there will be more footage is just pointless. Activision/Treyarch will release it when they feel like it, not before. It's clear that they don't care about this port much at all from the shitty production values, so why would they care about its marketing either?
I've been playing online shooters since Starsiege Tribes. i have yet to come across an online FPS that required voice chat that is not Left 4 Dead. voice chat is the least of my concerns with the game.

as for the footage, i'm just asking about when we'll get some, is that too hard to ask? is it too much to put a little bit of pressure on these guys so that the individuals following the game can have a better idea than screens they know are shit?

i believe you also missed the part where i'm buying it one way or the other, and as such, my desire for some sort of timeline is entirely part of my desire to go into it knowing what to expect. oddly enough, concerning games i don't have any desire to purchase due to genre or whatever, i generally don't care enough to watch any footage for it. meanwhile, games i'm interested in purchasing tend to get the most video consumption from me. how strange is that? i'm curious if it applies to others as well. are you planning on buying this game?

either way, my issues with IGN Wii have less to do with what they wanted or wrote about for MWii, and more to do with their attitude towards the market. they react to things in the most infantile way, that they make themselves no better than the rest of the "game journalists" who take up the internet. i'm now way too tired to continue this now, but feel free to respond. it's better than a Resident Evil highjack...

Razien

Banned
Asmodai said:
Xbox Live has an "auto-mute all non-friends" option. The best option ever created in the history of options.

With it, all 8 year olds are immediately and permanently silenced. So good. :D

Didn't know that. Live just became much more appealing to me now :D.

Rayme

_leech_ said:
First time i've seen someone call horrible textures a bug.
Depends. Those are clearly (er...blurrily?) low-detail versions of CoD4 textures. So if that build is just accidentally showing mips at too-low of detail...

Rayme said:
Depends. Those are clearly (er...blurrily?) low-detail versions of CoD4 textures. So if that build is just accidentally showing mips at too-low of detail...

They told us the same thing with the mighty Quantum of Solace - Wii shots. They still think we are idiots...

Amir0x

Banned
ChoklitReign said:
It would be a loss, though, if the Wii has a better community (which it most definitely does).

I bet you found this out through a highly scientific survey conducted by your ass.

Frencherman said:
They told us the same thing with the mighty Quantum of Solace - Wii shots. They still think we are idiots...

Beenox developed the Wii version of Quantum of Solace. Treyarch is developing the Wii version of Modern Warfare .

DreD

Frencherman said:

You do know that Treyarch had nothing to do with that version, right?

basik

doomed1 said:
I've been playing online shooters since Starsiege Tribes. i have yet to come across an online FPS that required voice chat that is not Left 4 Dead. voice chat is the least of my concerns with the game.

simple solution: have one of the buttons bring up a menu that lets us pick voice commands like in tribes. "defend the base!" "i've got the enemy flag!" "need backup!" and so on.

luoapp said:
I bet it will look exactly like CoD WaW on wii, no more no less. Who's with me? :lol

They'll make the game look even worse than COD WAW. I think they can at least manage to do that. Making ugly Wii games is a specialty for 3rd parties. Plus, we still don't have "complete" screens should tell you quite a bit.

Firestorm

vanguardian1 said:

Where's "I won't be buying because better versions of this same game came out two years ago and the friggin sequel is going to be out around the same time as this so fuck off Activision"

hellclerk

Firestorm said:
Where's "I won't be buying because better versions of this same game came out two years ago and the friggin sequel is going to be out around the same time as this so fuck off Activision"
I think that falls under "No, because it's a port." also known as "Activision made this game for people who didn't buy the first game and/or enjoy playing FPSs with the Wiimote that much, aka, not Firestorm."

hellclerk

Cow Mengde said:
Hey, Scrubking, where did you get that quote from? I'm not doubting you, but if it's on a forum, I'd love to read some replies to this statement. I bet it's worth a laugh.
same. plus there could be a bit of relevant info squeezed way where he posted it.

Scrubking

Cow Mengde said:
Hey, Scrubking, where did you get that quote from? I'm not doubting you, but if it's on a forum, I'd love to read some replies to this statement. I bet it's worth a laugh.

It's from the official WaW Wii board.

LINK

"People that play this, it's hard for them to even tell that hey, this is on the Wii. And for us, it's like that is the goal."

haha

hellclerk

huh, you know i was looking through the WaW board and i noticed someone ask about splitscreen. you know, that's a really good question. Will local splitscreen be intact? if so, it could end up as the best splitscreen FPS on the Wii...

_leech_ said:
First time i've seen someone call horrible textures a bug.

It's possible that the texture hadn't loaded in fully on the soldier when the shot that most people are making fun of was taken, which would be a bug. Considering the overall quality though I can't imagine that it will look that much better when those bugs are squashed.

hellclerk

in case anyone was interested, here's the full quote from the WaW boards. apparently the guy's a senior bug tester who's handle i'm almost CERTAIN i've seen somewhere... (and no, it's not this guy)

Shonuff of Treyarch said:
[concerning a MWii trailer] I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure one is being worked on. I'm waiting for it also LOL. I was severely disappointed with the screenshots that were released as they did not do a good job of showing the public just how good the game looks on the Wii. I mean come on! There were bugs in those screenshots for crying out loud.
another bit i thought was interesting:
Shonuff of Treyarch said:
I do have screenshots but I cannot release them. Screenshots have to go though Activision, Treyarch, and Infinity Ward before they are released. I wish I could show you guys some awesome screens but I can't.
anyway, other bits of potentially relevant info from the thread would be that the Ground War game mode isn't going to make it to the final playlists due to lack of players, splitscreen multi is sketchy at best and it looks like the glitching issues may be able to be taken care of server-side.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
ShineALight said:
"People that play this, it's hard for them to even tell that hey, this is on the Wii. And for us, it's like that is the goal."

haha

LOL I still remember the IGN Wii preview of WAW where Matt wrote "at the beginning, looking the game from 4 feet we tought it was the X360's version running on the TV!" :lol

hellclerk

Dash Kappei said:
LOL I still remember the IGN Wii preview of WAW where Matt wrote "at the beginning, looking the game from 4 feet we tought it was the X360's version running on the TV!" :lol
i wonder if that's a statement about them and their KRAZY-NESS, or about how WaW looks :p

Top Bottom