• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Development Update - PS PRO Support, MP

I have fond memories of Infinity Ward’s breakout hit Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, so earlier this month I stopped by Raven Software in Madison, Wisconsin to check out how progress was coming with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered on PS4.
Check out highlights from my conversation with Raven above. Again and again I was reminded of the studio’s extensive experience in the FPS genre, including Soldier of Fortune and Quake IV, among others. Despite the radically improved visuals, lighting, and animations, Raven went to extreme lengths to retain the feel, pacing, and timing of the 2007 classic. I’m expecting this one to be fully faithful to the original game.
Here are a few key takeaways from my visit to Raven Software:

Raven’s number-one priority: keeping the gameplay fully authentic to the original game
PS4 Pro support is a definite go, with support for richer textures and dynamic 4K graphics on top of the series’ signature fluid framerate
Modern Warfare Remastered’s multiplayer mode will ship with 10 multiplayer maps, followed by another six in December. Interestingly, the game will include Kill Confirmed, which was not offered in the original release

Watch our full discussion above! Modern Warfare Remastered is available with the Legacy and Digital Deluxe versions of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, out on PS4 November 4. If you want to jump into the Campaign early, pre-purchase one of those editions from PlayStation Store.

New video up too

Concerneed hearing that they are trying to nail the feel, which implies its something they have to recreate. They cant possibly screw that up, right?

Ame

I love you Raven. This is how you remaster a game. You can tell these guys really loved COD4.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So a dynamic res, possibly checkerboarded 1800p to native 4K depending on scene? And better textures too? Sounds hawt.

black070

Dynamic..so 1080p to native 4k maybe.

tenor.gif

Inuhanyou

How would that even work?

It's either going to be dynamic resolution up to 4K with or without checkerboard rendering.

Digital foundry has stated that Deus ex uses dynamic checkerboard rendering on resolutions below 4K, but will go to native at times depending on scene.

Inuhanyou

Probably between checkerboard 1800 to checkerboard 4k

Uh, but every resolution not 4K is checkerboarding up to 4K if they use the checkerboard technique.

You can't checkerboard to 4K a native 4K resolution

MrNelson

Banned
Still pissed I have to buy that bundled garbage just to play a game I adore.
No one is forcing you to.

You can just wait patiently like the rest of us that think Infinite Warfare
multiplayer
is hot garbage. Activision loves money too much to not separate this at some point to get the people that refused to perform the mental gymnastics required to justify buying the bundle despite not liking Infinite Warfare.

Campaign was great (I preordered to check it out)

I know. I preordered it too so I could check out the beta and hope that I could find something redeeming about it. I did not, and I cancelled my legacy edition preorder after spending several hours with the beta.

Campaign is still very good but for me its not got the same impact as it did first time around, it is a 9 year old game with updated graphics I guess. Not that it plays bad or anything but I did play the original game a hell of a lot when it came out.

Its not hooking me as much I thought it would this time around and I can't see me playing it for much longer tbh. I'm actually looking forward to Infinite Warfare more now.

I'm really just treating MWR as this years Call of Duty game. Infinite Warfare's campaign looks pretty good but I really didn't have a good time with the beta

Bolivar687

Banned
I'm really just treating MWR as this years Call of Duty game.

I'm going to give IW the time it takes me to download MWR. If it can't win me over in that time, this is pretty much me.

Haven't played the beta but I'm not getting my hopes up based on the impressions from Gaffers, youtubers, and my intuition.

God damn Cod 4 looks so good. Put hours upon hours Into the original. I wonder if I still have the reflexes nearly 10 years on to do the mile High club again.

I'll wait for the standalone though.

joebruin

The campaign felt just as good as the original and looked twice as good......they have nailed it.......pretty close to dead on as you can get

I meant the MP which seems like what all the concern is about (although the post I replied to didn't specify).

I also played the campaign as well in its entirety and it was fine.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Uh, but every resolution not 4K is checkerboarding up to 4K if they use the checkerboard technique.

You can't checkerboard to 4K a native 4K resolution
I meant as the final output.

Checkerboard rendering isn't upscaling and you can't do it for every resolution. Several games are using checkerboard 1800 and Cerny mentioned Deus Ex as being one switching between those resolutions depending on load.

Hexa

Checkerboard rendering isn't upscaling and you can't do it for every resolution. Several games are using checkerboard 1800 and Cerny mentioned Deus Ex as being one switching between those resolutions depending on load.

So it simply alternates between 1800p to 2160p depending on load sometimes, and essentially starts over? I'm wondering if it switches too fast if that would have a major negative impact on image quality. I'm also wondering whether CB with dynamic resolution is even possible as I would think it would screw up how reconstruction normally works, or at least would make it a hell of a lot more complicated.

Inuhanyou

yeah your right. My guess is MWR is using the same general technique

Top Bottom