• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

MWR%20OT%20Title2.png

Welcome to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, one of the most critically acclaimed games of all-time. Whether a grizzled COD4 veteran or a newbie fresh out of basic, there is plenty here to enjoy for everyone. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is developed by Raven Software, and executively produced by Infinity Ward.

Platforms
PC
Playstation 4 (32.7 GB as of launch)
Xbox One (45.85 GB as of launch)

Minimum PC Requirements
OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit / Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 2.80 GHz
Memory: 6GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 @ 1GB / ATI Radeon HD 7850 @ 1GB
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband internet connection
Hard drive: 55GB available space at launch (more space will be required for updates, DLC, etc.)
Sound Card: DirectX-compatible

Release Date
November 4th, 2016 – Full Version

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Originally developed by Infinity Ward, the award-winning Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare set a new standard upon its release for intense, cinematic action, while receiving universal praise as one of the most influential video games of all-time. Winner of numerous Game of the Year honors, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare became an instant classic and global phenomenon that set the bar for first-person shooters, and now it returns for a new generation of fans.

WhatsNew.png

Some of the new features/enhancements to Modern Warfare Remastered:
Remastered in true high-definition
Enhanced textures
Physically based rendering
High-dynamic range lighting
20 sensitivity options
Bots in private matches
20 prestiges (10 more than the original)

Campaign.png

Relive one of the most iconic campaigns in history, as you are transported around the globe, including fan favorite missions "All Ghillied Up," "Mile High Club," and "Crew Expendable." You’ll suit up as unforgettable characters Sgt. John "Soap" MacTavish, Capt. John Price and more, as you battle a rogue enemy group across global hotspots from Eastern Europe and rural Russia, all the way to the Middle East. Through an engaging narrative full of twists and turns, call on sophisticated technology and superior firepower as you coordinate land and air strikes on a battlefield where speed and accuracy are essential to victory.

Multiplayer.png

10 multiplayer maps will be available with Modern Warfare Remastered at launch on November 4th. These maps are:
Ambush
Backlot
Bog
Crash
Crossfire
District
Downpour
Overgrown
Shipment
Vacant
6 more maps will be included for free in December. These maps will be:
Strike
Showdown
Countdown
Bloc
Wet Work
Pipeline

Remastered will include all of the original multiplayer playlists, as well as new ones and will have the original multiplayer announcers for the original modes. Raven has also added an option to disable the in-game HUD icon for medals.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered will have a full, standalone multiplayer progression system, 20 prestiges, with the ability to unlock weapons, perks, weapon attachments, and reach Master Prestige.

Screenshots (courtesy of Videogamer.com)

FAQ:

How can I get Modern Warfare Remastered?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is only available through the Legacy, Digital Legacy, Legacy Pro, and Digital Deluxe editions of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

PlayStation 4
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game digital download that will be included in the Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition and Legacy Pro Edition on PlayStation 4. The digital download is redeemed via a voucher code on an insert in the box. The Infinite Warfare game disc must be inserted to play Modern Warfare Remastered. Internet connection is required.

Xbox One
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is included on the Infinite Warfare Xbox One disc (no voucher code required) in the Legacy Edition and Legacy Pro Edition of Infinite Warfare. Before Modern Warfare Remastered can be played, an additional download is required. The game disc must be inserted to play Modern Warfare Remastered. Internet connection is required.

Steam
A Steam key will be provided in the Legacy Edition of Infinite Warfare that will provide access to both Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered. Internet connection is required.

Can I purchase Modern Warfare Remastered without purchasing Infinite Warfare?
As of the time of this post, the official response is NO. You must purchase one of the three versions of Infinite Warfare listed above. I will update this post if this information changes.

But I don’t want Infinite Warfare, I only want the GOAT, Modern Warfare!

Will I be able to access the campaign after launch day if I download the campaign via Early Access?
The early access period will end on November 3rd. On launch day, you must install the full version of Modern Warfare Remastered that is included with the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition, Legacy Pro Edition, Digital Legacy Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition.

Okay, but what about my campaign progress?
Any progress made in the Campaign during the early access period will carry over to the launch version. This means you can continue the Campaign where you left off, or you may choose to restart from the beginning.

Modern Warfare Remastered Launch Trailer

Multiplayer Reveal Trailer

Special thanks to Activision Support, MWR official’s website, and Charlie Intel for additional information used in this OT.

Tizoc

I played the SP of the original Modern Warfare on Steam.
Got bored of that shit after about 3 hours, don't see what's supposed to be so good about it.
Shooting was nice but the overall SP was dull, or just unremarkable.

RanoNL

Damn. Gameplay of MWR on YouTube got me hyped. I must not fall into the trap.

Fuuuuuuu

Got bored of that shit after about 3 hours, don't see what's supposed to be so good about it.

lol.
What a lovely first post of the OT.
Hype derailed (almost).

Cant wait to play this again, although i wont be able to really get stuck into the campaign until next week. I wonder how much im gonna suck at MP, aint played a cod in a few years.

My little brother wants to get this (and the new infinite warfare), however, im not sure where to get it, should I get it for PS4 or PC ? I got the Black ops3 + season pass for PC and felt a bit disapointed some of the zombie maps werent as full as I expected..

GHG

Gold Member

Why are you here then?

The day they release this as standalone I'll be there. I can't justify spending money on a game I don't want and most likely wont play in order to get this.

Ein Bear

Can't wait for this, my body is ready to attempt Mile High Club again for hours on end. I'm going digital on Xbox One, does anyone know if the games are two separate executables, or do you have to access CoD 4 via Infinite Warfare's menus?

Terrible first post lol

Noobcraft

Kinda had to be there. For its time the single player was solid and All Ghillied Up was really neat.

Hanmik

Can I pre-load?

PR said that once you entered your code on the store, you would be notified on your PS4 when the game will be able to be downloaded... entered my code last week.. still no notification.. and the game is not on my download list.

fantomena

PR said that once you entered your code on the store, you would be notified on your PS4 when the game will be able to be downloaded... entered my code last week.. still no notification.. and the game is not on my download list.

I received code from Acti PR last week. Was hoping I could pre-load already.

Ghazi

The OP isn't clear, are physical copies of the Legacy Edition from Amazon eligible for this? I'd imagine not.

My bad, I see Amazon isn't included in the list of participating retailers.

Tizoc

Terrible first post lol

The truth hurts :V
But I am willing to give MW2's SP a try just to see what all the hype for it is.

Kinda had to be there. For its time the single player was solid and All Ghillied Up was really neat.

I don't find it having aged well, especially when going the wrong way from your team= Game over so reload the last checkpoint.

The OP isn't clear, are physical copies of the Legacy Edition from Amazon eligible for this? I'd imagine not.

My bad, I see Amazon isn't included in the list of participating retailers.
Oh godamnit I didn't see this either. Oh well I guess I'm not playing it tomorrow :p

Thankfully it's just the campaign, I can wait another month :)

Jb

I don't find it having aged well, especially when going the wrong way from your team= Game over so reload the last checkpoint.

Doesn't the game always have a real big dot on the HUD telling you where your next objective is?

Sorry if this has an obvious answer, but what's stopping us from preordering a physical copy, getting the download code, and then cancelling or returning the preorder once it launches? Also, will trophies unlock or do we have to wait for the official release?

mossypne

Sorry if this has an obvious answer, but what's stopping us from preordering a physical copy, getting the download code, and then cancelling or returning the preorder once it launches? Also, will trophies unlock or do we have to wait for the official release?

You have to fully pay for it before getting the code and the download won't work after 3rd Nov.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who played (and liked) MW1 on Wii and also owns it on Steam, I don't know if this is worth getting for $20. I'm really interested in the single player campaign of IW and a MW replay could be fun, but maybe it'd be better to stick with the original version. It's a shame this only seems to be a preorder bonus for now, as I'd like to listen to some impressions before getting it.

Maybesew

Any word on pre-load? I'm on a business trip until tomorrow night and was hoping I could kick off the download remotely.

Bolivar687

Banned
Should probably add to the OP that for the physical version, you need to pay off in full your pre-order of Infinite Warfare to get access to the campaign 30 days early. I believe the deadline is today and you then have to pick up a code in store tomorrow.

jediyoshi

What does that have to do with what you quoted? The implication was that its structuring and implementation of mechanics were new at the time.

What are shooters prior to its release that matched up to its presentation and gameplay and what are shooters that have come out since that you've enjoyed and don't think were influenced by it? Obviously if you've played games since that have built off its legacy, you've already reaped that discovery elsewhere.

Should probably add to the OP that for the physical version, you need to pay off in full your pre-order of Infinite Warfare to get access to the campaign 30 days early. I believe the deadline is today and you then have to pick up a code in store tomorrow.
I believe that is retailer dependent. Honestly with so many versions/retailers it's just best to contact each respective store to find out how exactly to get your key for MWR early access hahaha.

Bolivar687

Banned
I believe that is retailer dependent. Honestly with so many versions/retailers it's just best to contact each respective store to find out how exactly to get your key for MWR early access hahaha.

Good point but it's probably best to put it that way then, I wouldn't want anyone looking forward to the campaign tomorrow only to get burned.

Great OP btw! And perfect user name to make it!

Daffy Duck

I'm on live chat to them now and they say they don't have any early codes :(

I imagine they'll be sent out on the day, I contacted twitter support and got told we will get a code, they were just unsure of timing.

Is it still a early build and thats why on PS4 you will have to re-download he game in November.

This is just the SP part of the game and is only licenced to work until release day, then this version stops working and you have to download the full game and all your things (trophies/saves) transfer over though.

HiiiLife

If there was ever a level that came down to muscle memory / trial and error, it was Mile high club.

Still remember where all enemies spawn, when to throw flashes, and what not.

I just entered the download code on PC, but now I can't find the game anywhere on PS4. Crap.

Does it just appear tomorrow or am I dun goofed?

This is just the SP part of the game and is only licenced to work until release day, then this version stops working and you have to download the full game and all your things (trophies/saves) transfer over though.

I just expected it to be something that was going to be fixed in a day1 patch. Like you download the full game. But the multiplayer component s greyed out till a patch.

Top Bottom