• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's new 2v2 MP mode Gunfight to be revealed July 11th 10am PST

hm? dude it looks great but i only care about the mechanics and i'm pretty bummed by what i saw
As you should be. The hit detection looks as shitty as it's been for some time. Getting quick scoped, despite the bullet missing you by a foot is something I'd hoped would be eradicated by this point. New engine, same old shit, by the looks of things. Can't see them ironing this out in 3 months but we can hope.

M.W.

I also hope the hit detection is ironed out, no quicker way for me to drop a game than poor hit detection.

hm? dude it looks great but i only care about the mechanics and i'm pretty bummed by what i saw
It was just an example.

There's nothing bad about the mechanics. To me it looks more fun than BO4, but I do think the gun models could have used some touch up.

I also hope the hit detection is ironed out, no quicker way for me to drop a game than poor hit detection.

Hit detection is looking great, IW always has the best hit detection and with this new engine that also means improved latency IMO.

Last edited:
It was just an example.

There's nothing bad about the mechanics. To me it looks more fun than BO4, but I do think the gun models could have used some touch up.

Hit detection is looking great, IW always has the best hit detection and with this new engine that also means improved latency IMO.
You obviously didn't watch that clip.

Game releasing in three months and they were showing “alpha video”? Do you really believe that? I’m so sorry because if you do then that’s very dumb
Are you serious? I'm not dumb for taking the developers' word for it. Just a month ago they were calling it a "pre-alpha". Are people not doing their research on these games? 3 months is actually a decent amount of time for some changes, or are we just not going to count the pretty substantial visual increase in Infinite Warfare from its reveal to beta?

The game releases in October. What do you think they're going to do in 3 months?

What has every CoD game done in 3 months? Look at the BO3 beta vs. launch, for example.

I'm just saying that one month ago the developer said it was in "pre-alpha". Do people not keep up to date on CoD news? I'm not saying the developer was right about the game being in "pre-alpha" per se.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Are you serious? I'm not dumb for taking the developers' word for it. Just a month ago they were calling it a "pre-alpha". Are people not doing their research on these games? 3 months is actually a decent amount of time for some changes, or are we just not going to count the pretty substantial visual increase in Infinite Warfare from its reveal to beta?
I didn't say you are mate, said believing in it is dumb. I've done my research I just no longer believe the bollocks that comes from any of the three studios to be honest. Last few games they said the same thing and when it shipped, nothing changed. It was the same as we saw couple of months prior to release.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
3d1cd0633bf2adc81bd4c65139a191d7.jpg

uwot?

Things not to do in a competitive shooter #1

Have trash hit reg...

Crew 511A

Graphically, it looks really good, in my opinion. Gameplay wise...eh...they've got a ways to go on this. The clip in this thread is pretty bad, and there's another one like it floating around.

Yeah, they might get fix it, but after the trainwrecks that were the BO4 and WW2 launches, I'm not sure I have the patience for this crap this year.

Bottom line, this game will sell an obscene amount. But we already know COD 2020 is a troubled project. They're counting on the Modern Warfare name to sell this game. If they don't knock it out of the park, this franchise might be in bigger trouble than Lonzo Ball's career.

INC

What a massive disappointment

The reveal trailer and all the hype from youtubers, sold the game as a super serious, grounded and tactical new CoD, with a an amazing new/modded engine

The reality is it looks exactly the same as all the other cods, jumpy spamming bullshit, with boring flat looking gfxs

0 hype for this game now, I genuinely thought IW would change the cod formula and make it more tactical and more like a r6 style game, from how they were selling it

Looks awful

Shmunter

Wtf this game has been touted to have great audio and every dipshit decided their own chat audio would be better for us to hear? Insanely annoying listening to them trying to be cool

Sure, but for all intents and purposes a multiplayer game is usually pretty sterile sound wise cause it’s not a set piece action bit. And games like COD WW2 sound quite incredible already. Not sure where else they can take it.

Edit ; by sterileI don’t mean crap, can be quite excellent. But primarily it’s purposeful, not showy.

Last edited:
I didn't say you are mate, said believing in it is dumb. I've done my research I just no longer believe the bollocks that comes from any of the three studios to be honest. Last few games they said the same thing and when it shipped, nothing changed. It was the same as we saw couple of months prior to release.
I figured.

But there's no reason for them to lie (or get away with a lie) about saying that it's a new engine. People can be disappointed but I can't help but shake my head at people calling it "Ghosts 2" or "Rainbow Six Siege". It's like people don't care about facts anymore.

Mista

Banned
I figured.

But there's no reason for them to lie (or get away with a lie) about saying that it's a new engine. People can be disappointed but I can't help but shake my head at people calling it "Ghosts 2" or "Rainbow Six Siege". It's like people don't care about facts anymore.
Nah that’s an exaggeration. The game looks good, guns sounds good, added recoil is much better and hopefully they do something with the hit detection.

Cleared_Hot

Sure, but for all intents and purposes a multiplayer game is usually pretty sterile sound wise cause it’s not a set piece action bit. And games like COD WW2 sound quite incredible already. Not sure where else they can take it.

Edit ; by sterileI don’t mean crap, can be quite excellent. But primarily it’s purposeful, not showy.
Huh? Great audio is unbelievably important in multiplayer.

looks meh honestly, disappointed. I was hoping for silky smooth gameplay like COD normally has, but added tactical elements, good destruction, leaning, i dunno....this looks like a rip off of Siege but deathmatch only

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Game looks ok, hit detection looked horrible at times.

Wanted to throat punch those streamers after about 5 minutes of watching it.

Will 100% buy just to support cross play and no season pass.

II_JumPeR_I

Game looks ok, hit detection looked horrible at times.

Wanted to throat punch those streamers after about 5 minutes of watching it.

Will 100% buy just to support cross play and no season pass.
There is no "traditional" Season Pass.. but there most likely is some kind of Pass

Top Bottom