• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Vanguard multiplayer alpha impressions

Kagero

I didn’t like the mode but I can’t pass judgment on the game quite yet. Expected graphics to be better though so yeah. A little dissatisfied with that.

If I am not mistaken the alpha on PS5 actually uses the PS4 version, I read that somewhere but I could be wrong.

Either way, played it on my PS5, I enjoyed Champion Hill I think its a fun mode. Guns and the animations are quite incredible ill say.

Last edited:

Luipadre

If I am not mistaken the alpha on PS5 actually uses the PS4 version, I read that somewhere but I could be wrong.

Either way, played it on my PS5, I enjoyed Champion Hill I think its a fun mode. Guns and the animations are quite incredible ill say.

you are wrong. They are using the haptics, 120hz and adaptive triggers. Its a native PS5 version

chigstoke

Played a few games today with a mate

I think the game mode has promise. I’d get rid of armour personally and keep it as life bar only. STG and the BAR seem like standout weapons. Plays like MW, mounting is a welcome return.

Probably try again tomorrow, but mainly waiting for a beta for normal MP game modes. Still think Halo and BF will be the shooters that take up the most time for me though, I think Warzone recently hast just put me off of COD.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Saw some clips of the alpha with Champions mode. What a shit mode.

I'm still waiting for some traditional MP mode videos, but what a lousy way to showcase the game.

Max_Po

Banned
Should include Team Deathmatch ... plain and simple....

what shit mode to show off your game...

Its nothing more than a reskinned game... W E A K ...

Valt7786

Mode is terrible, graphically underwhelming, guns feel awful to use. WW2 was such a bad idea when people are used to the Modern/Future titles with weapon attachments etc. Forces them into putting incredibly uncommon/bullshit attachments on old guns that just didn't happen then. Tommy guns with red dot sights and suppressors. lol fuck off.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Should include Team Deathmatch ... plain and simple....

what shit mode to show off your game...

Its nothing more than a reskinned game... W E A K ...
The funny thing all shooters have a bunch of modes. But the mode that typically has the most players playing it is TDM. So you'd think that would be the mode to show first.

But I guess marketing said promote a new Champion mode to draw in gamers as a unique feature.

I'll stick to TDM and tried and true objectives modes.

I loved it, feels just like MW which is my favorite COD. The game mode is okay but I'll probably stick to TDM, Domination, Hardpoint as usual.

you are wrong. They are using the haptics, 120hz and adaptive triggers. Its a native PS5 version
Doesn't mean it can't use the ps4 client. But honestly, I think this article is very misinformative and is full of shit for clicks.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Doesn't mean it can't use the ps4 client. But honestly, I think this article is very misinformative and is full of shit for clicks.

The download literally says PS5. Its the PS5 version. Also PS4 versions doesnt support the dualsense at all

TheKratos

The funny thing all shooters have a bunch of modes. But the mode that typically has the most players playing it is TDM. So you'd think that would be the mode to show first.

But I guess marketing said promote a new Champion mode to draw in gamers as a unique feature.

I'll stick to TDM and tried and true objectives modes.

The beta will have TDM. This is just like gunfight in MW Alpha. Gunfight was better though.

Saber

Gold Member
That mode is so fucking stupid. People kill you as soon as the match started. And the commentor voice is annoying and has an embarassing scrip. Feels like trying to be some kind of moba, where you come back to buy stuff regurlary after enemy trades. And good luck winning with ragequitting or afk people.
Thankfully I was already turned down by this game.

DonF

Holy fuck, it's the same game that last year I can't believe it, they can't keep geting away with this!!
To me there are like 4 cods...

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
BF5 vs Vanguard vs WW2

This game is like COD:WW2(which i deleted after 30 minutes) sequel. Gun animations/sound effects sucks. It was blurry on my ps4 pro too. It feels dated(on ps4 at least). Maybe they can change that but that video shows the real problem with this game right now. I can't go back after that 2019 masterpiece, even after BF5.

I liked the mod though. It was like joining a tournament lobby on Street Fighter. You don't have to wait too much for another gunfight match with this mod. Not a big deal though.

M.W.

I only played the beta of cold war, but this feels a lot like modern warfare, even in ps5, it doesn't feel like a huge leap

COD is never a huge leap, it's COD. I'm not sure what people expect every year.

Jebron

I played two matches and frankly i didnt think they could succeed at making something more mediocre than cold war but i was wrong.

Just BF2042 and Halo for me this year it is then.
Exactly how I feel. Unless the zombies mode is bonkers, this is a pass for me. I'm kind of relieved to be honest, gives me more time with FH5, Halo Infinite, and BF2042.

The download literally says PS5. Its the PS5 version. Also PS4 versions doesnt support the dualsense at all
You are most likely correct. I think the person who wrote this was in desperation and completely confused in what the fuck he was reading lol

DonF

COD is never a huge leap, it's COD. I'm not sure what people expect every year.
Oh i know, i expect cod 2023 to be current gen, but still. I remember a couple of days back some insider said that this cod looked next gen and mind blowing. Mp looks...well like cod.

Crew511A

Played 3 games. I didnt like it.

Imo it will be the first COD which will flop

I love this franchise, and I wish this was true, but I doubt it. The BEST thing that could happen to COD is for a game to absolutely tank, and maybe Activision will be shaken out of the yearly release schedule which does nothing but produce half completed games.

But, the games keep making money, so here we are. People will buy Vanguard just to level up the guns for Warzone. There will be bugs and issues with the regular multiplayer that get ignored, because as long as the battle passes keep selling, there's no reason to worry about it, aside taking pride in your work, which Activision doesn't.

Cold War can scratch my COD itch for the next year. We've got options this year boys.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
That mode is so fucking stupid. People kill you as soon as the match started. And the commentor voice is annoying and has an embarassing scrip. Feels like trying to be some kind of moba, where you come back to buy stuff regurlary after enemy trades. And good luck winning with ragequitting or afk people.
Thankfully I was already turned down by this game.
This. What the hell is up w spawning people directly across from each other on a line with no obstruction to the kill line? It’s bad enough knowing the spawn spots with such tiny maps, but this ruined the experience for me several times. I had some fun w it, but, I’m out on this mode. Won’t likely play it with the full release.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
We know for sure the game won't be brown palette maps. They showed all the settings for SP, and so there will be brighter setting maps to play on.

The mode being bunk is whatever. I only play league play and TDM, to each his own.

I'm still in day one.

RaptorGTA

The mode they offer is different but not my cup of tea. I think visually it look good on my PS4 given it's a base model PS4. The character models look rough. Gun play feels ok.

Its good but for me and my limited play time I'm gonna sink time into BF.

Top Bottom