• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Vanguard multiplayer alpha impressions

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...guard-alpha-hits-playstation-august-27-to-29/
Link: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0002-PPSA04217_00-CODVPUBLICALPHA1/

B6FzPS.jpg

QD0dN6.jpg

fersnake

Glad i tried Alpha on my PS5, i'm now 100% sure that i will be playing BF2042.

Game feels like ww2 DLC for MW 2019
was today? lol i downloaded it on my ps5 but i havent played it xD well i doesnt matter either cuz already preordered bf on pc.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I gave it a try. Wasn't expecting much but I was still disappointed.

The game looks bland (art style), the guns/era isn't something I enjoy, and everything is just brown and looks like a DLC/expansion of the 2017 Call of Duty: World War II. Hard pass.

nicktwilight

Neo Member
I downloaded it on ps5.I know its a beta but it felt really underwhelming in all respects.Visuals were average at best,the color palette and artstyle seemed lifeless to me and the controls just felt off.I was interested about it when i heard about its setting but now I think I'll wait until Battlefield or Infinity Ward's Call of duty.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Glad i tried Alpha on my PS5, i'm now 100% sure that i will be playing BF2042.

Game feels like ww2 DLC for MW 2019

Really sounds like this year's CoD will be great.

Too bad om fatigued by the series.

rubhen925

The slide is meh. Recovery on it is too much. Leaves you wide open. A dive would gave been better if they were making us defenseless. Shooting and recoil was a bit much. Not feeling it this year.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Activision laughing all the way to the bank with sonys money with this average game. Just churned out paint by numbers at this point.

Plantoid

So, is it better than halo infinite or bf2042? I don't think so, is it gonna sell more? I have no doubt, but this year I don't think their audience will be higher than last year or even before that, we have a few million die-hard cod fans, the rest will be playing something else this fall

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

SkylineRKR

I like the feel, its MW 2019 with a slightly higher TTK. But the gameplay is worse, I dunno but I have issues trying to run after being crouched.

What I played doesn't have a WW2 feeling or anything. Just the weapons. I hate this mode too. I was ofcourse paired with some dude who was either shit or afk, but he had 0 kills at the end. Never saw him either. So it was 1 v 2. Still got some kills, scraped some draws.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Definitely going with BATTLEFIELD (Already preordered on PS STORE) COD is good for pick up and play but they needed to go modern, MW2019 was fantastic.

Allforce

*shrugs* I enjoyed it. Felt like the guns hit hard and there's that great feeling of weight that Cold War didn't have. Loved that aspect of MW. Love being able to mount again and interested to see how the different maps play out where you can create your own little holes to fire through by destroying some walls.

I do like the new mode but don't know if I'd really play it much without a dedicated partner. Had some good matches last night communicating with randoms and could see how it can be a lot of fun with strategy and planning.

dcll

Banned
I was meaning more that people gripe but will lay down the money regardless and it will sell like hotcakes, repeat every year

Droxcy

Went to play my first match and the guns recoil was just stupid insane and color pallete is horrible even using the MW2019 engine couldn't redeem this game. They should've just took the year off because BF and released the Warzone map standalone and not bothered releasing a whole game.

Fake

BTW a WW2 with slide cancel is a terrible ideia. Is almost like all veteran players are using some sort of macro.

Top Bottom