• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Warzone - 150P / Free to Play / Cross Platform

#pcmasterrace. I'm sorry, I can't help it. I have a gaming rig I built a few years back after hearing about how "easy" it is now to play games on it. I have had issues running multiple games, pairing controllers, getting my headset/mic working, game crashes, etc that I think PC gamers are straight up lying to themselves when they say it's easy. Yeah, it's easier than it was in the 90s, but that's a very low bar to clear.

Even when they've sympathized with me or tried to help me solve the problem, and then say, "I've never had these kinds of problems, I guess I'm lucky." I just cannot believe them. They just get used to the issues that come up and never think about them.

Gaming on PC has obvious advantages, but until they can run every game flawlessly without any major issues, then it will never be on par with much less replace consoles.

Ill be that guy, i never have any problems with any PC, EXCEPT when MS forces an update. Yes people have problems with their PC, but the majority do not.

performance seems to have improved, but crashing is back after latest update. frustrating POS

my 2 buddies are having 0 issues, but i have to cross play with them from my ps4 pro as i crash to desktop with no error message every 10 - 15 mins

I have to be honest, while id not bother with this, I do enjoy watching Avoiding the Puddle/Aris play and have a good time with this. Its actually really really well done.

Closest to Tarkov for the casual. Both got right what dayz and pubg devs refused to accept.

Ill be that guy, i never have any problems with any PC, EXCEPT when MS forces an update. Yes people have problems with their PC, but the majority do not.

Majority do but you dont see it as issues: Game runs like a slog, oh lemme check if i can downgrade my graphics drivers because maybe for this specific game its not compatible with the latest directX. Or the game freezes past the menu screen, hmmm lemme turn of shaders, ah yes..that solved the issue. Consoles you just put in the disc and you know its gonna play it at its maximum possible capacity. Every and i mean EVERY PC thread about 70% discussion is about how to get the game running or what is the best setup for this and that GPU or CPU. Its a joke.

So i know apex vs cod are different in comparison, but as a BR, which one do you think has longevity/more dynamic gameplay elements ?

I cant seem to go back to warzone and apex has me hooked.

Gamernyc78

Banned
So i know apex vs cod are different in comparison, but as a BR, which one do you think has longevity/more dynamic gameplay elements ?

I cant seem to go back to warzone and apex has me hooked.

Didn't really care for Apex and have been playing Warzone every single day for hours. I'm super hooked.

No more vehicles
No more automatic weapons
No more air drops
Constantly moving gas

Warzone isnt as fun today as it has been for the last week, due to these changes. I hope they change it back soon.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
No more vehicles
No more automatic weapons
No more air drops
Constantly moving gas

Warzone isnt as fun today as it has been for the last week, due to these changes. I hope they change it back soon.

Is this an extra mode within WZ? Or has this taken over the main WZ mode? I haven’t played in a few days.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I've played about 80 solo matches now and finished 2nd 6 times but never had a win.

I've had one win so far and (to be honest) it was mainly due to my quality team mates. At the end of the game, I only had 3 kills.

I also think I was wrong about those changes affecting 4 player Warzone. I was just looking for games based on the default option - which is "scopes and scatterguns". Man, I wasted so much time last night :(

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
130 matches, 26 top 10 finishes, never won.
Always a bridesmaid.

And I absolutely despise crossplay. I've caught several PC players using aimbots.

Last edited by a moderator:
performance seems to have improved, but crashing is back after latest update. frustrating POS

my 2 buddies are having 0 issues, but i have to cross play with them from my ps4 pro as i crash to desktop with no error message every 10 - 15 mins

Game is broken on PC. When I first tried this game it would just close with no error message after 5 minutes.
Tried it again after updating the game and windows, now it seems to work. I was able to play a training match with bots. But as soon as i tried a real match the game crashes as soon as I landed :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm one of those PC gamers who rarely have any problems because if there is a problem, 99% of the times I will find a solution. This is the first game in ages I literally cannot play and it's not "PC gamings" fault, it's the developers that needs to fix their game.

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
DISABLE CROSSPLAY ON PS4 was the best thing I have done tonight.

Games were more enjoyable. Its crazy to me that people on Xbox cannot disable crossplay 😅

Xbox users can disable crossplay for game modes of 20 or less players.
The option is disabled for War zone and Ground War.

I may switch my main to PS5 next gen if this shit keeps up.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
But why? Is Xbox population this low?
I have a suspicion its to appease PC players who subscribe to Game Pass and who purchase Xbox Anywhere titles. They seemingly would rather annoy a small percentage of their core customers than lose sales to PC players.

Again, I'm thinking of switching my system main next gen because of this.

Aceofspades

Banned
I have a suspicion its to appease PC players who subscribe to Game Pass and who purchase Xbox Anywhere titles. They seemingly would rather annoy a small percentage of their core custom etc than lose sales to PC players.

Again, I'm thinking of switching my system main next gen because of this.

The other major inconvenience for Xbox, why in the blue hell MS would require a Gold subscription to play FTP games on Xbox? I thought they were "Pro-consumer"

Such a stupid thing to do.

Sybrix

#pcmasterrace. I'm sorry, I can't help it. I have a gaming rig I built a few years back after hearing about how "easy" it is now to play games on it. I have had issues running multiple games, pairing controllers, getting my headset/mic working, game crashes, etc that I think PC gamers are straight up lying to themselves when they say it's easy. Yeah, it's easier than it was in the 90s, but that's a very low bar to clear.

Even when they've sympathized with me or tried to help me solve the problem, and then say, "I've never had these kinds of problems, I guess I'm lucky." I just cannot believe them. They just get used to the issues that come up and never think about them.

Gaming on PC has obvious advantages, but until they can run every game flawlessly without any major issues, then it will never be on par with much less replace consoles.

This fix worked for me:

Game is broken on PC. When I first tried this game it would just close with no error message after 5 minutes.
Tried it again after updating the game and windows, now it seems to work. I was able to play a training match with bots. But as soon as i tried a real match the game crashes as soon as I landed :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm one of those PC gamers who rarely have any problems because if there is a problem, 99% of the times I will find a solution. This is the first game in ages I literally cannot play and it's not "PC gamings" fault, it's the developers that needs to fix their game.

i did the below 2 things and am having success:
-remove video drivers with DDU, re-install latest version via geforce experience
-go into video settings and reset everything to default. it will pick what it thinks is "best" for your setup automatically

no real crashing to report since, and i'd crash to desktop every game before.

it sucks, as i want to customize things to get a better frame rate (it seems to auto configure for a middle ground between graphics and performance). i'm guessing one of the graphics settings i changed has a pretty nasty bug

Shmunter

More and more YouTube videos displaying pc cheaters. They really need to do the phone authentication to weed the cheaters out. Best thing would be to segregate consoles from pc anyway with the fov advantages, and get rid of mouse vs controller matching.

Grinchy

Banned
I just wish there was a Duos mode. I only played Blackout with one person and it's just a weird dynamic to be locked in to having some random not in our party that we can't hear who just lands elsewhere anyway.

Kerotan

Xbox users can disable crossplay for game modes of 20 or less players.
The option is disabled for War zone and Ground War.

I may switch my main to PS5 next gen if this shit keeps up.
People are finally seeing why crossplay with pc ain't so good. Xbox and ps4 players should be together by default and if you enable crossplay you can play against the pc cheaters.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
More and more YouTube videos displaying pc cheaters. They really need to do the phone authentication to weed the cheaters out. Best thing would be to segregate consoles from pc anyway with the fov advantages, and get rid of mouse vs controller matching.
I had a look at the Warzone leader board tonight, and its dominated by PC players.

Does anyone else have a problem with the HDR on this game (the colour thing, not the gun)?

Sometimes it works perfectly, the game looks beautiful with bright colours, other times it seems to fail and the colour is all washed out to fuck and horrible looking and I have to boost it artificially with my TV settings, which still doesn't look like it should and which I worry is causing input delay. It seems to come and go with updates but I'm not completely sure. Maybe it's my TV. It's driving me insane. I can't seem to influence this at all, no matter what I do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Xbox One X and a Philips Ambilight 4k HDR Telly btw

Last edited:

Shmunter

Does anyone else have a problem with the HDR on this game (the colour thing, not the gun)?

Sometimes it works perfectly, the game looks beautiful with bright colours, other times it seems to fail and the colour is all washed out to fuck and horrible looking and I have to boost it artificially with my TV settings, which still doesn't look like it should and which I worry is causing input delay. It seems to come and go with updates but I'm not completely sure. Maybe it's my TV. It's driving me insane. I can't seem to influence this at all, no matter what I do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Xbox One X and a Philips Ambilight 4k HDR Telly btw
No such issue here. Pro + Sony 900e

Grinchy

Banned
Everyone thought that the keyboard/mouse would be the reason they didn't want to play against PC players for all these years. Then they realized that controllers just auto-aim in an advantageous way, and now the real problem is PC cheaters who just use an even stronger version of auto-aim with keyboard and mouse :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I left my XB1 on overnight to download the latest patch. Then when I go to play multiplayer today, I see the update deleted the core multiplayer DLC and I have to re-download that. My XB1 will again be working through the night to get that 18GB file :(
I also got to experience the "no XP" bug after finishing a game of Warzone. This patch has been great :(

Top Bottom