• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Warzone - 150P / Free to Play / Cross Platform

Ironbunny

Biggest problem I have with this game is that the high fire rate weapon are so op. Caliper doesnt seem to matter. Only how fast you can throw bullets at the enemy. Especially if you think LMG's and how poor they are here. Pretty much nobody uses them and only one that seem's to get some use is bruen.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Checking every door and corner, taking 15 mins to clear a floor when the game mode also lets you go across a huge map and use vehicles feels silly. And with good camping spots even if you’re careful you’re still at a disadvantage. Camping is annoying in regular MP but just ruins a BR like this. At least in a game like fortnite camping usually puts you at a disadvantage. In this the camper always has the upper hand.

The fact that sitting in a corner for 20 mins is possibly the best strategy is just gross. People legit just play the game to go to their favorite camping spot and hope for a juicy one kill game.

While not totally wrong- it’s true some camp the whole game- with UAVs, snapshots, heart beat sensors, thermal scopes, etc. there is always some way to counteract camping.

And this is only in solo Warzone. The rest of the WZ and MP modes this absolutely not a problem.

HTK

Banned
Fast fire rate weapons have been dominating Call of Duty forever now. It's unfortunate that they can't fix or come up with something better.

carlosrox

Banned
Had me the easiest solo win yesterday.

I felt like the whole match was laid out for me. I caught everyone with their pants down, had the drop on em, etc.

Then at the end I was able to make it on top of the Super Store just at the edge of the circle with only 10 guys left. Had the whole roof to myself and an OP inventory. I got into some long range firefights up there but the gas cut off basically all ways onto the roof and I just had to pick off the last guy down in the open field after he revealed his position fighting the third last.

Was way too easy. Definitely the easiest win I've had yet.

This was another round. Felt like I won due to positioning/heartbeat which diminishes it a bit.

But THIS one is a pretty solid win in my book. This shit was mad.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
Few gripes with the new season as a PS5 owner.

- No Next-Gen Upgrade
- No FOV Slider
- No 120hz Support
- Still copying data after the download and install is finished (This is probably due to Warzone being the PS4 version on the PS5)
- No word on a next-gen upgrade that was promised for this year
- All of my XP Tokens are gone, I had a bunch of them I never used.
- How do I unlock Black Ops Cold War weapons that are not in Season Pass without having Black Ops Cold War? Find them on the ground and use them until they reach their unlock level?

Considering this is the only game I've pretty much played this year (outside of Assassins Creed Odyssey) this is extremely disappointing but hey here are some calling cards and other Battle Pass junk. What's even sadder is that I enjoy this game and will continue to play it despite these things.

Shmunter

Few gripes with the new season as a PS5 owner.

- No Next-Gen Upgrade
- No FOV Slider
- No 120hz Support
- Still copying data after the download and install is finished (This is probably due to Warzone being the PS4 version on the PS5)
- No word on a next-gen upgrade that was promised for this year
- All of my XP Tokens are gone, I had a bunch of them I never used.
- How do I unlock Black Ops Cold War weapons that are not in Season Pass without having Black Ops Cold War? Find them on the ground and use them until they reach their unlock level?

Considering this is the only game I've pretty much played this year (outside of Assassins Creed Odyssey) this is extremely disappointing but hey here are some calling cards and other Battle Pass junk. What's even sadder is that I enjoy this game and will continue to play it despite these things.
Pretty sure I’m playing PS5 version?!? Raytracing, etc. Dualsense is remarkable, despite MW being far better, the lack of feedback and immersion is a bummer going back.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
Pretty sure I’m playing PS5 version?!? Raytracing, etc. Dualsense is remarkable, despite MW being far better, the lack of feedback and immersion is a bummer going back.

Nah bruh, you're playing the PS4/Pro Version of Warzone on the PlayStation 5.

Last edited:

Goldpanda94

Neo Member
How do you feel about the idea of seeing dead teammates being medivac'd in the game winning cutscene instead of alive in the chopper?

If your team wins, everyone's back alive as if it was like that when your team won the game, but what if your dead teammates (at the time of game win) were shown being medivac'd under the helicopter? They still show off the gamertags and stuff like normal, but the zoom in would be the dead characters are just strapped into the beds.

I think it'd be hilarious if your dead teammates were shown off in the final cutscene dangling in the medivac beds under the chopper. Also would distinguish between the teammates that won the game and the ones that were watching. Thoughts?

Hulk_Smash

Banned
How do you feel about the idea of seeing dead teammates being medivac'd in the game winning cutscene instead of alive in the chopper?

If your team wins, everyone's back alive as if it was like that when your team won the game, but what if your dead teammates (at the time of game win) were shown being medivac'd under the helicopter? They still show off the gamertags and stuff like normal, but the zoom in would be the dead characters are just strapped into the beds.

I think it'd be hilarious if your dead teammates were shown off in the final cutscene dangling in the medivac beds under the chopper. Also would distinguish between the teammates that won the game and the ones that were watching. Thoughts?

The other day my teammates got a combined like 14 kills. I had zero. I was the last one alive and the final circle was northwest of quarry where that ravine dead ends and you can’t get back up. The 2nd place team got stuck in the ravine and we won by default. I didn’t even see the other team when they died. I won the game for them with zero kills.

So, yeah it’s be hilarious to watch them medivacced but it would be inaccurate that I carried them to victory.

DMR needs to fucking die. We don’t need these OP guns in the game. EVERYONE is running the same loadout.

I’m waiting until they nerf the hell out of it.
It's absolutely awful. The worst part is it fundamentally changes the way matches play, because suddenly everyone is sniping and killing at range, and everyone has the same loadout so everyone can do the same thing.

Sony

Nintendo
I have a pretty active squad of friends that play daily. I haven't turned on the game for about 3 weeks, before that I used to play with them for 3-4 times a week. They all pretty much stopped playing Warzone because of the DMR. I thought they were exagerating so I booted up the game.
Holy F*ck, DMR and Mac 10 ruin the game completely.

Goldpanda94

Neo Member
The other day my teammates got a combined like 14 kills. I had zero. I was the last one alive and the final circle was northwest of quarry where that ravine dead ends and you can’t get back up. The 2nd place team got stuck in the ravine and we won by default. I didn’t even see the other team when they died. I won the game for them with zero kills.

So, yeah it’s be hilarious to watch them medivacced but it would be inaccurate that I carried them to victory.`
Ehhh that's a good point but I'd say its more misleading than inaccurate to have them medivacced. You did win the game for your team even if you did "nothing" just by virtue of surviving. Your teammates may have cleared the way but without you there they woulda been out when they died. The glory would still be shown correctly on the midvac, your team won and gets their tags shown off either way

MetalRain

Not sure what all DMR fuzz is about, I've always loved that kind of semi-auto, high range, high damage kind of gun. I think I've used Type 63 like 90% of time in CoD: Cold War multiplayer and mostly EBR-14 with CoD: MW.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Not sure what all DMR fuzz is about, I've always loved that kind of semi-auto, high range, high damage kind of gun. I think I've used Type 63 like 90% of time in CoD: Cold War multiplayer and mostly EBR-14 with CoD: MW.
That’s MP. The values have proven to be different in WZ.

Go play WZ without one of those guns and see how fast you get wrecked.

carlosrox

Banned
I love the much increased pace of Buy Back Solos and the Mini Rebirth Island.

They almost feel like a Deathmatch mode to me.

Is it just me or is winning on the mini island a lot easier? I was surprised to get a win on my second try.

I didnt even realize til I saw the replay that the final kill for the win was the guy who killed me and sent me to the Gulag. BEAUTIFUL!

CitizenZ

Banned
I usually watch Warzone from Doc and Arbuckle(one handed gamer) and EVERY kill is "you are cheating" or "Im gonna kill you!". Its so family friendly but really funny too. I never will get the whole anger mentality in FPS. As someone who gambled a LOT, even when i was being beat it was for one reason, myself.

Kerotan

I usually watch Warzone from Doc and Arbuckle(one handed gamer) and EVERY kill is "you are cheating" or "Im gonna kill you!". Its so family friendly but really funny too. I never will get the whole anger mentality in FPS. As someone who gambled a LOT, even when i was being beat it was for one reason, myself.
Just human nature bro. Some people play better when they get pumped and motivated. Others do better when they care and play chill.

splattered

Nevermind, realized it's at the new ship area... OMG i can't even play with randos right now, they are all scared of the area because it's a hot zone so i'm BARELY completing any of these challenges before getting wiped by actual teams. Ugh this sucks. I thought zombies were going to be in the whole WZ map :(

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Nevermind, realized it's at the new ship area... OMG i can't even play with randos right now, they are all scared of the area because it's a hot zone so i'm BARELY completing any of these challenges before getting wiped by actual teams. Ugh this sucks. I thought zombies were going to be in the whole WZ map :(
I suggest playing plunder to get most of those challenges done since you can respawn during the whole match

Kerotan

I'm cool with the events being at a slow pace. What I'm not cool with is them constantly making new guns retardedly op and game crashing errors not fixed yet that have been there for months.

I've over 600 wins in the first year but I'm on a 3 day break now. Feels good to get away from it.

HTK

Banned
Someone got into my account and unlinked my BattleTag from my Activision account, per Activision email. After that, I got a message that I'm permanently banned when I tried to play Warzone. I filled out the Account Recovery Form, and they finally got back to me after 7 days with: We were unable to recover your account based on the information provided in your request.

So I'm not sure what to do now, I don't have much money spent on the account, but I do have all my friends list and more importantly my progression. If anyone has any tips about recovering this let me know...

Last edited:
Top Bottom