• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty & Warzone Season 4 delayed worldwide due to USA protests.

shaddam

Its very much like Pride. These companies posting jpeg's of rainbows etc is nothing more than the brand being seen as being inclusive and progressive, its another form of marketing. Personally if I were gay, I would be dubious of their intentions and sincerity. If there really is a Sega/Xbox announcement this week, they will no doubt of already had the conversations around how they will be perceived if everyone else cancels and they don't. Its wrong because its not happening for the right reasons.
Oh yes pride month. I wonder if they will change their saudi twitter page to rainbow. Funny they dont do that in those contries where being gay is dangerous

Data Ghost

Oh yes pride month. I wonder if they will change their saudi twitter page to rainbow. Funny they dont do that in those contries where being gay is dangerous
Exactly, so it's not even equal across the globe. Pride is supposed to be about equality. It really annoys me. Playstation probably cancelled the conference because they knew it wouldn't get the full exposure they wanted, and they dressed it up as a message of concern.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Nothing say more about "we stand along you", when they delay it in Europe as well... I mean I have some more unneeded dislike for USA. It was wrong act, sure, but they are such a fragile country. Injustice killing happens, probably more often than not mainly outside of USA. Yet,...whatever. Through those 3 cops in jail for life and be fucking done with it.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's a fucking update, I ain't too fussed

But is getting stupid now

Data Ghost

It's a fucking update, I ain't too fussed

But is getting stupid now
You are right its just an update, to a game. Its very grand to make a statement about delaying Season 4 of a video game because of this. Especially when all it amount to is a new FMV intro, and a couple of new guns.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Ah yes, Activision. So righteous, so moral.

What about Hong Kong protestors?

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
They are with the cause yet they released their game. So I don’t see a valid excuse to delay or whatever

Are you dense? It’s quite obvious what the protesters want.

So where can I check the demands?
Is a real question.

I support HK, they had a webpage well funded with all 5 demands (now 6)

Chile also had protest recently with well organized flyer.

For the USA I can only see “black life matters”, but that’s not a demand, law or something to be approved by the government.

For example:
Condemn the cops
Reform law number X
Release public all body cam from cops

Codes 208

Ah yes, Activision. So righteous, so moral.

What about Hong Kong protestors?
I would say its an out of sight, out of mind comparison. The only real reason this matters to them now is because its something happening right now out in their own backyard.

plus we already know activision/blizzard’s stance on HK

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
"seaons" benefits FPS games going forward to this is a huge hit to the game.

Hopefully this puts Call of Duty in a good position for regarding human protests

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-season-4-logo-and-art.jpg

ToadMan

Did they delayed anything during the HK riots? :messenger_weary: Imagine people believes corporations care about us and not just abut money and good pr

The Hong Kong riots are still going on. June 4 is a big day commemorating the Tianenman Square Massacre which is banned from being discussed in China.

So anyway, in sense yeah this postponement is covering that too :messenger_spock:

Caffeine

postponed a game update.

dude this os clown world territory wtf

im going to take an optimistic view on this and view this lunacy as the death throes if extreme liberalism.

combine this with governors assuming total authority over covid and the riots. these have all been massive redpills to many many people. i dont think they are ready for november

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Let's be real - they had to do this. A new season of Call of Duty is such a momentous event that it would have certainly drowned out all other voices and topics across social media and news outlets. Activision's forbearance and humility is truly something to behold in this time of crisis.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Let's be real - they had to do this. A new season of Call of Duty is such a momentous event that it would have certainly drowned out all other voices and topics across social media and news outlets. Activision's forbearance and humility is truly something to behold in this time of crisis.

Especially Season 4. There have only been 3 other seasons for this particular CoD game in the past six months so I think "momentous" may actually be underselling it.

Virtue Signal Skin Unlocked (guitar riff).

No seriously, I can walk and chew gum. I can play games and support peaceful protesting of the seriously sad murder of George Floyd.

Old Retro

I bet they won't shut the servers down during this time though, hypocrites much?

Right?!? I don't see any official Activision groups amongsts the protesters in the news I've been watching. It would be refreshing if Infinity Ward said "We're too busy to milk you out of your money with our season passes cuz we're in the motherfuckin cut marching downtown!"

hemo memo

Gold Member
“Call of Duty & Warzone Season 4 delayed worldwide due to USA protests.”

So it’s true
World=USA

They didn’t bother to delay anything or send a message when other worse world events happened. HK protests? Where were they?

Droxcy

CoD and Fortnite are just using this time as an excuse to fix bugs they don’t care about people look Riot dropped Valorant and reeling in the $$$

Top Bottom