Call of Duty: World at War Videos (Wii)

PacoDG

Member
Jul 20, 2007
2,320
0
0
Orlando, FL
rappergamervarietyhour.com
Looks really nice.

The hands on makes it out to be pretty decent other than the controls, which I really want to try myself. I'm in for a rental of this on my Wii over the 360 (meh, wasn't really that into the game in the first place, but my gamefly queue knows no bounds).
 

MiniDitka

Member
Jan 23, 2007
1,636
0
0
Linkzg said:
I watched them earlier and it looked pretty good from the distance it was shown at. Is there any direct feed gameplay from the Wii version?
I read somewhere(I think it was on the IGN boards) that they are supposed to have some direct feed vids up on Monday.
 

beef3483

Member
Aug 18, 2006
1,969
0
0
The scope is what really impressed me. I'm sure that when direct-feeds come in we can dissect it (I'm sure unfavorably) texture by texture, but all I'm hoping is that little to nothing gameplay related is sacrificed in comparison to PS3/360. To me that would be like the best of both worlds.
 

basik

Member
Jun 7, 2004
1,135
2
1,275
I read COD 3 Wii had the exact same level/map layouts as the other versions, I only played it on wii though. Hope this is the same.
 

Scrubking

Member
May 29, 2007
2,578
0
0
Do we know when we are going to get reviews or any new info? The game comes out in a couple days and there is practically no info. This is supposed to be a big game right? WTF?
 

Skin

Member
Aug 2, 2004
646
0
0
34
Wow, what's with the gargantuan crosshair? Is that really necessary?
 
Dec 3, 2006
37,579
0
1,120
I'm really at a loss as to why there is absolutely NO direct-feed footage of this game so close to launch. It comes out next tuesday for God's sake.
 
Sep 5, 2007
17,271
1
0
looks nice a nice effort, you just can't expect too much from those close-up textures

I reckon game's got online?
 

Mithos

Member
Apr 26, 2006
5,729
39
1,150
Sweden
Anasui Kishibe said:
I reckon game's got online?

Yeah.. but buy the looks of the comments on ign its only 8 players online.

"ONLY 8 PLAYERS ONLINE?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!"
 

FF_VIII

Banned
Aug 27, 2007
4,390
0
0
Mithos said:
Yeah.. but buy the looks of the comments on ign its only 8 players online.

"ONLY 8 PLAYERS ONLINE?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!"
COD4 only had 12, not that much better. Should be 24 up, imo.
 

Mithos

Member
Apr 26, 2006
5,729
39
1,150
Sweden
FF_VIII said:
COD4 only had 12, not that much better. Should be 24 up, imo.
Everyone is comparing to MoH2 on Wii that had 32 players online so i guess unless they do 32 player onlin in new games, everyone will be disappointed.
 

Scrubking

Member
May 29, 2007
2,578
0
0
I heard it was 16 online, but since there is no real confirmation or info for that matter...
 

Cosmonaut X

Member
Jun 5, 2006
9,603
0
0
Scotland
DeaconKnowledge said:
I'm really at a loss as to why there is absolutely NO direct-feed footage of this game so close to launch. It comes out next tuesday for God's sake.
I'm not. If it's anything like Quantum of Solace (running on a cut-down CoD4 engine my arse...) it's best bet for financial success is to reveal as little as possible pre-launch.
 
Dec 3, 2006
37,579
0
1,120
Cosmonaut X said:
I'm not. If it's anything like Quantum of Solace (running on a cut-down CoD4 engine my arse...) it's best bet for financial success is to reveal as little as possible pre-launch.
Did QoS have anybody really play it before release though?

We've had a ton of hands on with the game,and everyone has said that it plays just like CoD 4 and is one of the best looking Wii games.
 

Cosmonaut X

Member
Jun 5, 2006
9,603
0
0
Scotland
DeaconKnowledge said:
Did QoS have anybody really play it before release though?

We've had a ton of hands on with the game,and everyone has said that it plays just like CoD 4 and is one of the best looking Wii games.
I've read the same previews, but I'm afraid I've really come to distrust previews in general. They're always - at best - far too positive about games, they expect far too much improvement in a few months development and - sadly - they're often quite deceptive, amounting to little more than covert PR.
 
Dec 3, 2006
37,579
0
1,120
Cosmonaut X said:
I've read the same previews, but I'm afraid I've really come to distrust previews in general. They're always - at best - far too positive about games, they expect far too much improvement in a few months development and - sadly - they're often quite deceptive, amounting to little more than covert PR.
I wish I could say I disagree with you here.
 

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Sep 14, 2007
10,846
0
0
After playing the 360 beta I'm not so excited about World at War (since I wasn't very excited about CoD4 either) but I'll probably end up renting this at least just because I love the Wiimote for FPS.
 

Scrubking

Member
May 29, 2007
2,578
0
0
Cosmonaut X said:
I'm not. If it's anything like Quantum of Solace (running on a cut-down CoD4 engine my arse...) it's best bet for financial success is to reveal as little as possible pre-launch.
QoS was partly (mostly?), made by Beenox.
 

Tron 2.0

Member
Jun 19, 2007
3,329
0
0
Andrex said:
Duh, EA Nation or whatever. Will probably have a lot of simultaneous online players as well.
Well, it's published by Activision and I don't think they have anything comparable to EA Nation do they?
 

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Apr 8, 2005
15,737
1
0
twitter.com
IF I end up buying the game it'll be the Wii version... I weep everytime I go back to dual analog, and my MacBook Pro could never bootcamp the game well enough.
That said there's only so much muddiness I can take in my games
 
Sep 5, 2007
17,271
1
0
Mithos said:
Yeah.. but buy the looks of the comments on ign its only 8 players online.

"ONLY 8 PLAYERS ONLINE?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!"

I kinda second these comments:lol

8 players online is nothing more than a skirmish
 

EDarkness

Member
May 13, 2007
10,224
41
1,045
Japan
skullforge.omc-games.com
Looks pretty good. I played CoD 3 and had fun with it. I hope for three things in this game:

1. More extras. CoD 3 didn't have anything extra in the Wii version. I hear the Wii version won't have the zombie mode, which is a bummer, but something else to compensate would be good.

2. Good controls. Judging from the video, it seems to be handling pretty well. I'm hopeful on that front.

3. Some way to tone down that crosshair. Geez, that sucker is the size of Texas. I doubt it's something we can change, but I'm hoping that there's an option to change it.

As for the graphics and such, I'm okay with the look. As long as it plays good and doesn't cheat (ala MoH: Heroes 2), then it should be cool. I doubt I'll play online, but 8 or 16 player matches should be fun. Either way, I'll have a copy of this sometime next week. I can't wait.
 
Dec 3, 2006
37,579
0
1,120
salva said:
that looks bad and laggy
Can't say i'm sure it was him though. There was a huge lag gap around 30 seconds but it hasn't been bad since so it could have been the guy getting shot.
 

clav

Member
Apr 22, 2006
26,198
1
0
lol gigantic crosshair

I thought the whole point of the COD series was that you have to use the notches.

Oh nvm. The crosshair disappears when you do the zoom in. Still, that's an oversized crosshair.

Graphically Looks all right, but I need some non-off screen footage to make a final judgment.
 
May 14, 2008
16,144
0
0
Either FPS is dipping, online is laggy as balls, or the video camera sucks. I really hope it's the camera's problem in those videos.
 

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Apr 11, 2007
7,168
0
0
claviertekky said:
lol gigantic crosshair

I thought the whole point of the COD series was that you have to use the notches.

Oh nvm. The crosshair disappears when you do the zoom in. Still, that's an oversized crosshair.

Graphically Looks all right, but I need some non-off screen footage to make a final judgment.
i think it's more meant to show off the spray of your weapon and not so much just being a crosshair.

looks fine. i'll be picking it up to see how well they do with the visual stuff. i would count on any extras either. it's pretty clear they didn't optimize the engine enough to get everything from the HD version in. such a shame. hopefully IW makes a Wii version of the next CoD game now that the CoD4 engine is Wii compatible.
 

Scrubking

Member
May 29, 2007
2,578
0
0
3. Some way to tone down that crosshair.
Crosshair gets bigger while you're running, smaller when you stand still. Size also changes depending on weapon.

I'm assuming the bigger the crosshair the more kickback and room for error if you leave the trigger pressed.
 

Phife Dawg

Member
Dec 4, 2006
8,066
0
0
Anasui Kishibe said:
I kinda second these comments:lol

8 players online is nothing more than a skirmish
The best times I had playing online FPS was 4o4 Q3 TDM. Full of strategy, tactics, aim, movement and win. Plus it doesn't really matter with this game, more players on PC (and better gfx than any other version) didn't save the beta for me.