• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: World at War Videos (Wii)

I watched them earlier and it looked pretty good from the distance it was shown at. Is there any direct feed gameplay from the Wii version?

PacoDG

Looks really nice.

The hands on makes it out to be pretty decent other than the controls, which I really want to try myself. I'm in for a rental of this on my Wii over the 360 (meh, wasn't really that into the game in the first place, but my gamefly queue knows no bounds).

MiniDitka

Linkzg said:
I watched them earlier and it looked pretty good from the distance it was shown at. Is there any direct feed gameplay from the Wii version?

I read somewhere(I think it was on the IGN boards) that they are supposed to have some direct feed vids up on Monday.

beef3483

The scope is what really impressed me. I'm sure that when direct-feeds come in we can dissect it (I'm sure unfavorably) texture by texture, but all I'm hoping is that little to nothing gameplay related is sacrificed in comparison to PS3/360. To me that would be like the best of both worlds.

basik

I read COD 3 Wii had the exact same level/map layouts as the other versions, I only played it on wii though. Hope this is the same.

Scrubking

Do we know when we are going to get reviews or any new info? The game comes out in a couple days and there is practically no info. This is supposed to be a big game right? WTF?

I'm really at a loss as to why there is absolutely NO direct-feed footage of this game so close to launch. It comes out next tuesday for God's sake.

Mithos

Anasui Kishibe said:
I reckon game's got online?

Yeah.. but buy the looks of the comments on ign its only 8 players online.

"ONLY 8 PLAYERS ONLINE?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!"

FF_VIII

Banned
Mithos said:

COD4 only had 12, not that much better. Should be 24 up, imo.

Mithos

FF_VIII said:
COD4 only had 12, not that much better. Should be 24 up, imo.

Everyone is comparing to MoH2 on Wii that had 32 players online so i guess unless they do 32 player onlin in new games, everyone will be disappointed.

DeaconKnowledge said:
I'm really at a loss as to why there is absolutely NO direct-feed footage of this game so close to launch. It comes out next tuesday for God's sake.

I'm not. If it's anything like Quantum of Solace (running on a cut-down CoD4 engine my arse...) it's best bet for financial success is to reveal as little as possible pre-launch.

Cosmonaut X said:
I'm not. If it's anything like Quantum of Solace (running on a cut-down CoD4 engine my arse...) it's best bet for financial success is to reveal as little as possible pre-launch.

Did QoS have anybody really play it before release though?

We've had a ton of hands on with the game,and everyone has said that it plays just like CoD 4 and is one of the best looking Wii games.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Did QoS have anybody really play it before release though?

We've had a ton of hands on with the game,and everyone has said that it plays just like CoD 4 and is one of the best looking Wii games.

I've read the same previews, but I'm afraid I've really come to distrust previews in general. They're always - at best - far too positive about games, they expect far too much improvement in a few months development and - sadly - they're often quite deceptive, amounting to little more than covert PR.

Cosmonaut X said:
I've read the same previews, but I'm afraid I've really come to distrust previews in general. They're always - at best - far too positive about games, they expect far too much improvement in a few months development and - sadly - they're often quite deceptive, amounting to little more than covert PR.

I wish I could say I disagree with you here.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
After playing the 360 beta I'm not so excited about World at War (since I wasn't very excited about CoD4 either) but I'll probably end up renting this at least just because I love the Wiimote for FPS.

Scrubking

Cosmonaut X said:

QoS was partly (mostly?), made by Beenox.

Tron 2.0

Andrex said:
Duh, EA Nation or whatever. Will probably have a lot of simultaneous online players as well.
Well, it's published by Activision and I don't think they have anything comparable to EA Nation do they?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
IF I end up buying the game it'll be the Wii version... I weep everytime I go back to dual analog, and my MacBook Pro could never bootcamp the game well enough.
That said there's only so much muddiness I can take in my games

Mithos said:

I kinda second these comments:lol

8 players online is nothing more than a skirmish

EDarkness

Looks pretty good. I played CoD 3 and had fun with it. I hope for three things in this game:

1. More extras. CoD 3 didn't have anything extra in the Wii version. I hear the Wii version won't have the zombie mode, which is a bummer, but something else to compensate would be good.

2. Good controls. Judging from the video, it seems to be handling pretty well. I'm hopeful on that front.

3. Some way to tone down that crosshair. Geez, that sucker is the size of Texas. I doubt it's something we can change, but I'm hoping that there's an option to change it.

As for the graphics and such, I'm okay with the look. As long as it plays good and doesn't cheat (ala MoH: Heroes 2), then it should be cool. I doubt I'll play online, but 8 or 16 player matches should be fun. Either way, I'll have a copy of this sometime next week. I can't wait.

clav

lol gigantic crosshair

I thought the whole point of the COD series was that you have to use the notches.

Oh nvm. The crosshair disappears when you do the zoom in. Still, that's an oversized crosshair.

Graphically Looks all right, but I need some non-off screen footage to make a final judgment.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
claviertekky said:
lol gigantic crosshair

I thought the whole point of the COD series was that you have to use the notches.

Oh nvm. The crosshair disappears when you do the zoom in. Still, that's an oversized crosshair.

Graphically Looks all right, but I need some non-off screen footage to make a final judgment.
i think it's more meant to show off the spray of your weapon and not so much just being a crosshair.

looks fine. i'll be picking it up to see how well they do with the visual stuff. i would count on any extras either. it's pretty clear they didn't optimize the engine enough to get everything from the HD version in. such a shame. hopefully IW makes a Wii version of the next CoD game now that the CoD4 engine is Wii compatible.

Scrubking

3. Some way to tone down that crosshair.

Crosshair gets bigger while you're running, smaller when you stand still. Size also changes depending on weapon.

I'm assuming the bigger the crosshair the more kickback and room for error if you leave the trigger pressed.

Anasui Kishibe said:
I kinda second these comments:lol

8 players online is nothing more than a skirmish
The best times I had playing online FPS was 4o4 Q3 TDM. Full of strategy, tactics, aim, movement and win. Plus it doesn't really matter with this game, more players on PC (and better gfx than any other version) didn't save the beta for me.

Top Bottom