• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty WW2 reveal 26 april, website up [UPDATE: Leaked screenshots]

Alienous

I expect this as the opening mission.

w501t1L.gif

I hope "how do I quickscope" dude makes an appearance.

Plum

I'm gonna end up buying this anyway so I like that we're finally getting a big-budget WW2 FPS this gen.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I said this in another thread...WW2, why always WW2. Are companies that afraid to do something new? Who not try Vietnam or something else?

Cause making a game where the US is a violent aggressor dropping chemical weapons on their under equipped enemies and raping and pillaging their ways through villages probably won't sell as well in the US:

MorshuTheTrader

Neo Member
I said this in another thread...WW2, why always WW2. Are companies that afraid to do something new? Who not try Vietnam or something else?

While I'd love a Vietnam CoD (campaign could be great if they took cues from all the Vietnam movies out there), I think the main reason is because WWII is a global theater so you can get some pretty good variety in areas/scenarios. Vietnam would look pretty samey.

It's a different studio, but they did do Advanced Warfare which was great.
Oh I know! It's just that I skipped AW and (thankfully) BO3 so the last CoD game I played was Infinite Warfare. I have faith in Sledgehammer after the idea that Infinite Warfare was going to suck according to GAF was proven wrong. I enjoyed IW so I'm super hyped for my first Sledgehammer game.

Hux1ey

Banned
Very cool they are going back to their roots, I may go back and play the first couple of games again to get me in the mood.

1, UO and 2 are so damn good. Hope these devs can capture what IW and Gray Matter did so well.

dugdug

Banned
Ah well, first year since the first Modern Warfare that I'm skipping. Hopefully back to modern next year!

We don't even know what it looks like, so what kinda comment is this?

I mean it's going to be the same engine Infinite Warfare was on and I don't see how the Switch could run Infinite Warfare.

Not saying a Switch version is impossible but it's extremely unlikely. If Switch keeps selling great then in say another year or 2 I could see them optimizing / changing the engine in order to make Switch versions

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I expect this as the opening mission.

w501t1L.gif

This scene again... LOL. It will be interesting to see whether they go with the rehash of popular WWII scenes, let's do the same scene but from a supporting troop's PoV, OR, the ever popular, hey, here's another battle you didn't know about trope.

SDCowboy

Ah well, first year since the first Modern Warfare that I'm skipping. Hopefully back to modern next year!

As excited for this as I am, I do hope the next one is current/modern. I also hope they stay the hell away from future, though. Let other FPS games have that.

I liked AW's campaign a lot but hated the multiplayer, hopefully the change back to WW2 and removal of exo suits makes this multiplayer more enjoyable.

Upinsmoke

I just hope it's real raw ww2 type stuff.

MP wise i'm still worried stuff is gonna be in loot boxes and you'll get some crazy guns and stuff that just don't fit.

About time we go back to WW2

Enough of this future crap, give me boots on the ground and a groundwar with tanks (and killstreaks turned off in that mode)

Stiler

I wish they'd go back to the pace of CoD 2 for mp, though I doubt it.

It was so much more fun (to me) like that, everything wasn't nearly as fast and it wasn't about killstreaks/over the top things.

It would be hilarious if they still managed to include some kind of mobility mechanic. Like Mirror's Edge wallrunning or 1945-era jet packs as a killstreak.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
While I'd love a Vietnam CoD (campaign could be great if they took cues from all the Vietnam movies out there), I think the main reason is because WWII is a global theater so you can get some pretty good variety in areas/scenarios. Vietnam would look pretty samey.
No i think its because America lost Vietnam is why its a rare breed

Sealtest

This might actually bring me back to CoD. I couldn't stand the futuristic style of the newer games. I really gave advanced warfare a try but with the horrible lag and poor performance at PS4 launch it put a real bad taste in my mouth.

Hopefully they correct alot of the problems because I'd love to play this with my friends.

jelly

Valtýr;234403015 said:
I hate the name, honestly. It feels like they think we're stupid.

I dunno, people are pretty ignorant and oblivious to the past beyond the tag WW2 which they must realise is Saving Private Ryan at least.

Turkoop

Banned
Sorry CoD after Destiny 2, RDR2 and Battlefront 2 will launch in the same period. I dont think there will be a return to the series.

Xando

Glenn was saying they were making one, but that they kept getting informed the war was extremely unpopular in Europe, and that this was going to be a problem.
I wouldn't say unpopular. It's more like people don't really give a fuck about it(atleast in Germany).

Disappointing is too kind of a word to describe that campaign.

Yeah, the BO3 campaign was horrible. I realy loved the mp though, and in the end thats still what I play CoD for.

I wonder if this CoD will still have map packs, with Battlefront 2 moving away from them.

It'll probably have map packs though.

Top Bottom