• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII |OT|- Boots on the ground once more, ladies and gentlemen

Kimawolf

header.jpg

INFO
Official Website: https://www.callofduty.com/wwii
Platform: PS4/XB1/PC
Release Date: November 3rd
Developer/Publisher: Sledgehammer Games/Activision
Genre: FPS
Rating: M
Price: 59.99
Size: 45.14 GB

trailer-breakdown-of-the-new-call-of-duty-wwii-21.gif

Overview:
Call of Duty® returns to its roots with Call of Duty®: WWII—a breathtaking experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation. Land in Normandy on D-Day and battle across Europe through iconic locations in history’s most monumental war. Experience classic Call of Duty combat, the bonds of camaraderie, and the unforgiving nature of war.

sh-overview.jpg

Single Player:
Call of Duty®: WWII tells the story of a young recruit in the U.S. First Infantry Division who experiences combat for the first time on D-Day. After surviving the beaches of Normandy, your squad will fight their way across Europe, engaging the enemy in iconic battle locations such as the Hürtgen Forest and the Battle of the Bulge, as they make their way into Germany.

https://youtu.be/a9ITIaKzG3A

codww2.jpg

Multiplayer-
Call of Duty®: WWII Multiplayer marks an exciting return to the franchise’s World War II roots and combat that defined the franchise. Prepare for fast-paced, grounded action with an arsenal of iconic weapons and equipment in the fight to liberate a continent in the throes of tyranny. Call of Duty: WWII immerses players in the brutality of history’s largest conflict.

War Mode-
New Multiplayer mode- Experience the all-new War Mode where players must work as a team to defeat the enemy. This narrative-driven Multiplayer experience immerses players in iconic World War II battles. Allied and Axis forces clash in team-driven assault and defend missions for key strategic objectives.
https://youtu.be/42GiPMtJ-1I

WWII_Zombies_Meta_Hero_1200px.png

Is it co-op? YES

Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies is an original, terrifying co-operative mode that unleashes a frightening new horror story for Call of Duty zombies fans. Nothing is as it seems in this zombies horror, as a dark and sinister plot unfolds to unleash an invincible army of the dead.
giphy.gif

Don't judge this thread too harshly. Made it in an hour and is only my second OT..trying to fill the content holes.

Kimawolf

Yeah im ready too! looks amazingly fun actually! Although I was a fan of the space stuff, I don't mind a return to normal.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Waiting on reviews but likedd Advanced Warfar and LOVED Infinjte Warfare.

Might buy it for my Scorpio to have some stuff to play. Also been a while since I have had a good WWII campaign.

Catphish

More than anything, I'm looking forward to playing some PvP where mfers aren't flying around and disappearing and shit.

I've been playing it for a couple of hours, the intro for the multiplayer is really nicely done, as is the layout of the interactive lobby.

I thought it was funny though that there was a daily challenge for watching other people open loot boxes.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
First game i will play in native 4k.

Reminds me of my first hd ready tv with ps3 motorstorm.

So ready 😍😍

GamingArena

I've been playing it for a couple of hours, the intro for the multiplayer is really nicely done, as is the layout of the interactive lobby.

I thought it was funny though that there was a daily challenge for watching other people open loot boxes.

Its far from funny its predatory so weak additive personalities jump on loot boxes!

Pc i think

Take a look at the link to the pic i just posted in my last post. The One X COD WW2 runs in native 4K, there is NO WAY they would put that print on the box if it was not Native.

PS4 Pro was already confirmed to either play in 1400p or 1600p, it was one of those.

Ok maybe not. Remember those dumbass qtes in cod3 that no one liked. There back! Also the mission is so Damn linear and scripted. And if you dont push forward fast enough the game does it for you. Honestly, the two part d day missions in frontline and allied assault are still superior to this 15 years later. Just sad.

Footos22

Take a look at the link to the pic i just posted in my last post. The One X COD WW2 runs in native 4K, there is NO WAY they would put that print on the box if it was not Native.

PS4 Pro was already confirmed to either play in 1400p or 1600p, it was one of those.

That 4k logo can mean checkerboarded or dynamic resolution. As per Ms's own explanation of the logos, it does not in anyway state that it is 4k native. Its more than likely dynamic like infinite warfare was on the Pro

That 4k logo can mean checkerboarded or dynamic resolution. As per Ms's own explanation of the logos, it does not in anyway state that it is 4k native. Its more than likely dynamic like infinite warfare was on the Pro

"4K Ultra High Def" is what it says.

I'm still going with my gut here, if i'm wrong I'll come right back here and eat crow, no prob. Also, wouldn't that be false advertising if it was not native? If PS4 Pro is running it in 1600p, then One X will be native no question. There is just to much extra power there.

Has there been any PS4 Pro games that run in Checkerboard that have that same identical logo attached to the box? Just a wonder.

Footos22

"4K Ultra High Def" is what it says.

I'm still going with my gut here, if i'm wrong I'll come right back here and eat crow, no prob.

Has there been any PS4 Pro games that run in Checkerboard that have that same identical logo attached to the box? Just a wonder.

Yes but MS released an image explaining all the logos and 4k ultra high def falls under,

"A game has a 2160p frame buffer output. That includes Native 4K, Checkerboarding, and Dynamic Resolution."

It'll be dynamic to hit 60fps at all times.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yes but MS released an image explaining all the logos and 4k ultra high def falls under,

"A game has a 2160p frame buffer output. That includes Native 4K, Checkerboarding, and Dynamic Resolution."

Yup waiting for next gen to try 4k ugh.

Maybe dynamic, and most likely i agree. Native IS a hard sell, which it will and would be depending on what the processor is taking on at the time, we shall see. Dynamic is the most likely option, but still way ahead of the PS4 Pro 1600p Res.

lol I got the game a day early. Was playing it just fine until the midnight release happened and the servers got fried.

Gotta say, apart from the whole predatory aspect of watching other people open supply drops, the HQ is a pretty great social space. Love challenging people to shootouts and the 1v1 pit is an insane amount of fun. Have not yet had a raid happen on the HQ, but really curious to see what that is all about.

Lucifon

Apparently servers are up - restart the game and there should be a minor update.

Does anyone have an Xbox copy? Do you know if it's X supported from day 1 or does it need an update???

sublime14

Neo Member
anyone else have a problem after a match your screen gets stuck until the new game is loading? so annoying been trying to change loadout for 3 matches now lol

abracadaver

I am getting really bad sound on PC

the game cracks and snores/hisses all the time during gameplay. Never had this issue in any game before.

Velikost

Sucks they didn't fix the servers til my friends were super tired. Had a lot of fun though, really like the 1v1 mode in the Headquarters. Didn't seem to run into any cheaters either through 15+ games (playing on PC).

Me and my friends only play hardcore S&D, and have done since MW4. We are more or less in agreement that this is the last one we buy, outside of maybe MW2 remastered. A minute and a half per round? That is an absolute travesty. The design of the maps tailored towards speed play, confusing class setups, party set ups being an absolute nightmare. On a positive note, it's awesome they force game chat so party chat can't be used, and the audio effects are the best I've ever heard. But the game time per round we just can't get over at all. It's a run and gun game now, with no real sense of strategy or teamwork.

We haven't unlocked the s mines yet, but if people start running through them unscathed like they do with claymores, that will be it for me.

TAD

Wow that D-Day mission was craaaap. It all felt so rushed, there was 0 tension (why am I drawing doodles in my notebook whilst on my way to storm the beach), my squad just vanished when it was convenient to do so, they completely ruined the beach storming by removing respawning health (hey, turns out medkits are dumb sometimes and completely ruin sections like this, especially when you don't have any!) and the sense of scale for the whole thing was shocking (looks like about 60 people stormed the beach). None of this was helped by the fact it was deathly quiet half the time once I got into the bunkers, I think the audio team forgot about background noises.

Hopefully the rest of the missions pick up because that's really not a good start, and this is coming from someone who loves WW2 games and was looking forward to this.

belier

Anyone know the size of the full download on PC version?
Physical version comes with a paper disk with the code. Now I'm at work and I can't see how many Gb do I have to d/l.

Top Bottom