• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: WWII Reveal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRum

Banned
For 2017? I don't think that's crazy. It'll be out 4 months as opposed to 2 and, as I said, will likely have the biggest game launch this year.

Not saying in the long run but you're downplaying how huge Destiny is.

The MP reveal is going to make or break who gets drowned out this year. A lot of people (including myself) drifting away from CoD due to the sheer amount of idiocy that has been the brand for several years. Which means I had to play other games. Other FPSrs. If what the MP crowd sees is amazing, you're going to pull a lot and I mean a lot of ex-players back into the fold. D2 will not stand a chance.

Can't really blame them for over-emphasizing "boots on the ground" since it's what everyone's been asking for for a while now. Especially after the whole IW trailer debacle.

Papacheeks

Banned
FPS-GAF starting to sound like POP-GAF

Can't wait for all the crow to be served come this Holiday especially if Destiny is bundled.

The sold out preorders for Destiny 2 are pretty telling. The fact that a 249.99 collectors edition was sold out in an hour on both gaemstops, bestbuy's, amazon shows how hyped this game will be.

I can smell the crow cooking in the kitchen right now......

Damn. And I was convinced I would never pick up another CoD game after Activision doing everything in their power to ruin MWR. Sledgehammer seems to really believe in this project and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Activision monetized the hell out of the last few games - I'm really hoping the WWII setting will prevent them from throwing in ugly sweater gun camos and the like.

Sande

Even for something as seemingly small as this, this is would be the BIGGEST series change up since customizeable perks. Very excited if true
The method of healing is not small at all. It fundamentally affects every second of gameplay. This is massive.

I wonder if it's going to be the same in multiplayer?

Can't wait for all the crow to be served come this Holiday especially if Destiny is bundled.

The sold out preorders for Destiny 2 are pretty telling. The fact that a 249.99 collectors edition was sold out in an hour on both gaemstops, bestbuy's, amazon shows how hyped this game will be.

I can smell the crow cooking in the kitchen right now......

Loot addiction is real.

*Last year*

"Destiny 2 will take over COD."

*Now*

"Destiny 2 taking over COD?!?!?! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL THEY DON'T GOT THE NUMBERS!"

I don't think it's crazy to assume Destiny might sell more.
Can't really blame them for over-emphasizing "boots on the ground" since it's what everyone's been asking for for a while now. Especially after the whole IW trailer debacle.
It's a dumb term when in most CODS you technically always had your boots on the ground.

Plesiades

There's no auto health regen! http://www.polygon.com/features/2017/4/26/15428192/call-of-duty-wwii-impressions-analysis-preview

"Schofield won't talk about the health system yet, but auto-restoration is not happening. Reading between the lines, I gather that med-packs are the likely solution, perhaps even called for from medics, rather than just sitting around.

"You have to worry about every bullet," says Schofield. "You're not the superhero. You can't just stand there taking seven bullets, ducking, shooting again. It's refreshing for us to deal with recruits who aren't tier-one warriors, to show that vulnerability. They're naive. It's been a really cool challenge creating this different kind of gameplay."

What them create a perk that brings health regen back ;)

SDCowboy

*You character loads into a life-like recreation of Omaha Beach after the D-Day Landings. Screams can be heard in the distance from wounded men, the smoke from nearby fires still billows in the air*

*You look around, and see someone in front of you*

*xXnoobslayerXx dabs with the gesture he paid $2 for then calls you the n-word*

XD I shouldn't be laughing at this...but I could totally see it.

eshwaaz

I really hope they improve the facial animation and lip sync. Soldiers screaming over gunfire and explosions, yet they barely open their mouths.

There's no auto health regen! http://www.polygon.com/features/2017/4/26/15428192/call-of-duty-wwii-impressions-analysis-preview

"Schofield won't talk about the health system yet, but auto-restoration is not happening. Reading between the lines, I gather that med-packs are the likely solution, perhaps even called for from medics, rather than just sitting around.

"You have to worry about every bullet," says Schofield. "You're not the superhero. You can't just stand there taking seven bullets, ducking, shooting again. It's refreshing for us to deal with recruits who aren't tier-one warriors, to show that vulnerability. They're naive. It's been a really cool challenge creating this different kind of gameplay."

This is under the "Story and Characters" heading. I doubt it will be the same for multiplayer.

Schneider

Oh boy, subpar single player campaign with all the subtlety you can expect, all white cast, typical American viewpoint; a multiplayer that will gouge money where it can, and zombies guys! Activision have really changed their ways! /s

Boke1879

Destiny 2 will probably have the biggest launch of the year and I say this as someone who is excited as fuck about this new COD

Auctopus

Oh boy, subpar single player campaign with all the subtlety you can expect, all white cast, typical American viewpoint; a multiplayer that will gouge money where it can, and zombies guys! Activision have really changed their ways! /s

In Divisions, the player creates a class and progresses through the ranks. This affords an option to choose the kind of division you want to join, whether that be infantry, airborne or armored. Players are also given a range of options in terms of the part they play, including women resistance fighters, Brits, African-American GIs and others to be announced

Other characters appear including female resistance fighters, a soldier in an African-American unit (the U.S. Army was still segregated in WWII), a British officer and even a child.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game's story mainly focused on the Americans as they've stated the game takes place between '44-'45, when the European front was relevant to Americans.

But maybe read a little bit of information before you bring out the snark.

Djostikk

LwUyK_A-Fu8.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So pre-ordering will get you access to a private beta correct?

I'd wager that beta access would be mentioned on the store page if it were also going to be on the PC. Increasingly par for the course these days as far as AAA games are concerned, unfortunately.

So far, this game is exceeding my lofty expectations.

It's looking like an interactive Saving Private Ryan/Band of Brothers which is exactly what I wanted.

Is there any word on who's composing the soundtrack?

bomblord1

Banned
You mean if its announced for the Switch? Cause you know for a fact its on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Yea it probably isn't I just didn't see any systems in the reveal trailer or the recent threads that popped up so I was kind of hoping. But after seeing the trailer I don't think it would run.

i'm hype. looks great. excited to see some more of it.

really interested in the multiplayer this time around. they mentioned an attack/defend on the beaches.

I find it interesting that Polygon asked Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield about the possibility of seeing concentration camps in the game. they didn't confirm anything, but they didn't deny it either - they kind of danced around the question.

It would be very interesting to see how that could be handled in a video game.

The MP reveal is going to make or break who gets drowned out this year. A lot of people (including myself) drifting away from CoD due to the sheer amount of idiocy that has been the brand for several years. Which means I had to play other games. Other FPSrs. If what the MP crowd sees is amazing, you're going to pull a lot and I mean a lot of ex-players back into the fold. D2 will not stand a chance.

I think at this point most Destiny players aren't in it for the PVP. COD won't compete with D2 on end game PVE activities, so I don't really see them having a problem coexisting. Saying Destiny 2 "will not stand a chance" against any game is pretty silly though, the fanbase is gigantic and hugely committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom