• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Zombies |OT| Overly Complicated

Kalentan

I know its not a traditional zombie map, but I think Dead Ops Arcade deserves a mention in the OP as well, I thought it was a neat if not somewhat shallow take on the mode.

I think I could add them when I get the chance. If people also want me to I could add Extinction if people also want. It's not "Zombies" but it does share some of the DNA.

Always interested in those, but not really in CoD - wish they would sell that seperately. Also is it solo-able? I play ZAT and KF2 for example solo as well.

Yes. Though unlike KF2 there's no difficulty modes and it just keeps going until you die.

Kalentan

Sorry to bump but I just wanted to add that I well added:

1. Dead Ops Arcade I and II to Black Ops and Black Ops 3
2. Decided to throw Extinction into the mix (Since it's possible it may return in
DLC 4 of IW
)

Also here is the Actors for WWII's zombies compiled:

DEy3adaUMAADKwv.jpg:large

Wg8QfV1.jpg

de9d8jzxyaea1zczvssw.jpg

Toa TAK

Banned
Neat Extinction addition, it'll likely end up being important since the mode has been linked to IW's zombies mode as of the latest map.

Kalentan

Neat Extinction addition, it'll likely end up being important since the mode has been linked to IW's zombies mode as of the latest map.

I will have to wonder how the reaction in the community will go if DLC 4 goes full Extinction (but maybe still standard Zombie structure?).

Toa TAK

Banned
I will have to wonder how the reaction in the community will go if DLC 4 goes full Extinction (but maybe still standard Zombie structure?).

I'm willing to be it'll be normal zombies, but the special enemy will be the Cryptids in the map.

BigEmil

They better not charge for the first zombies map in ww2 like they did with Advanced Warfare that was greedy af

Kalentan

They better not charge for the first zombies map in ww2 like they did with Advanced Warfare that was greedy af

They won't. Unlike AW this game is being announced with a Zombie map. Whereas AW advertised it's standard survival horde mode which contained a Zombies easter egg upon completion of the final map.

derFeef

Is BO2 Zombies good? It has a massive discount on cdkeys right now... at least the main game ;)
BOIII is also 50% off.

Randam

Is BO2 Zombies good? It has a massive discount on cdkeys right now... at least the main game ;)
BOIII is also 50% off.
It comes with one big map(TranZit), but you can also play the 3 different main areas(bus depot, farm and town) of it on their own.
So it has a good amount of content from the start.
You even got different game types.
Normal survival, grief, where 2 teams play against each other and turned, where you can become a zombie. But you need dlc for turned.

BTW: I think nuke town zombies is great.
Wasn't included in the base game though.
But didn't cost much.

BOIII is also 50% off.

Contrary to what some people say, it's good. Not as refined as BO3 or iconic as BO1, but there's a lot of experimental elements in the maps that make things fun. If you can get the season pass on the cheap, get it and play Nuketown, Mob of the Dead, Buried, and Origins. Skip Tranzit and Die Rise.

Toa TAK

Banned
Basically there are film reels in "Attack of the Radioactive Thing" that are labeled map names from Extinction. Willard also keeps threatening to send Elvira to Nightfall (the original Extinction map).

Then the crew ends up in space after the Easter egg wearing outfits similar to Extinction. Being in space is how Extinction ended, with the rest of the world overrun. Chances are, we'll be seeing the Cryptids again, or at least that's where the flimsy evidence leads.

Mod buddy? o_O

Another suggested it and it makes sense to include it. While Extinction is it's own mode, it shares enough DNA and fills the same co-op aspect of CoD that I think it worth's mention.
Oh I thought a mod changed the title for you but now I see they didn't. They will if you ask them nicely though.

Kalentan

So uh... I guess the SDCC reveal was just a twitch channel telling us to go to Youtube to watch the trailer...

Lol..?

Randam

Looks too much like dead space or evil within for my taste.
But it's good this is something new.

Looking forward to gameplay.

So is the trailer like basically exactly the same as the leak? I don't remember it. They made it sound like it was going to be soooo different.

Basically there are film reels in "Attack of the Radioactive Thing" that are labeled map names from Extinction. Willard also keeps threatening to send Elvira to Nightfall (the original Extinction map).

Then the crew ends up in space after the Easter egg wearing outfits similar to Extinction. Being in space is how Extinction ended, with the rest of the world overrun. Chances are, we'll be seeing the Cryptids again, or at least that's where the flimsy evidence leads.

That's my favorite CoD mode, and I remember that's how Exodus ended. If they bring that back, I'm in.

Kalentan

So is the trailer like basically exactly the same as the leak? I don't remember it. They made it sound like it was going to be soooo different.

From Reddit:

So changes I noticed:
  • The scientist no longer sounds like Richtofen
  • The ending song is different
  • Ending isn't "Army of the Dead" nor does it showcase that image of the undead.
  • I didn't see the fire/panzer thingy (idk what it's called)
I don't recall seeing the scenes around 1:14 and the map looks a lot bloodier than the leaked trailer version.
Changes others have pointed out:
  • First 20 seconds or so wasn't in the trailer
  • Dialogue seems to be changed, leak mentioned something about Hitler's future being alive and the Fourth Reich, which is absent

Kalentan

It's for sure leaning on the horror elements far more than any previous game in the series. Though I do feel like I still got that distinct CoD Zombies feel from it. So that's good.

Kalentan

dbafbfaf63d6c03d79043a4613954aa2.png

https://twitter.com/callofduty/status/888127735561728001

Animated Skins in Zombies confirmed. If I'm going to take a guess, that means we can customize our guns like in BO3/IW.

It says "For use in zombies only" but I hope that changes. Would love to use that in MP.

https://twitter.com/SHGames/status/888119749485264899
"We do have perks and a special reward system." - Jon Horsley on new things coming in #WWIIZombies

"We maintain a Mystery Box and Wonder Weapons." - Jon Horsley on weapons in #WWIIZombies

I think that all but confirms that they will be trying new stuff but not straying far from the norm.

https://twitter.com/SHGames/status/888112925499465731
"It's going to be the hardest Easter Egg hunt you've ever been on." - @MichaelCondrey on hidden secrets in the #WWIIZombies world

derFeef

Hot. I adore ZAT and I know this is different, but the theme is just my jam.
(I wish it would be seperate than the main game).

Kalentan

Hot. I adore ZAT and I know this is different, but the theme is just my jam.
(I wish it would be seperate than the main game).

I have a feeling that a standalone zombie game is like Pokemon's MMO. A "break glass in case of emergency" sort of thing.

Randam

dbafbfaf63d6c03d79043a4613954aa2.png

https://twitter.com/callofduty/status/888127735561728001

Animated Skins in Zombies confirmed. If I'm going to take a guess, that means we can customize our guns like in BO3/IW.

It says "For use in zombies only" but I hope that changes. Would love to use that in MP.

https://twitter.com/SHGames/status/888119749485264899

I think that all but confirms that they will be trying new stuff but not straying far from the norm.

https://twitter.com/SHGames/status/888112925499465731
Fuck of with those animated camos.
Thought this game will at least feel a little bit, as if it was in the 1940th of the real world.

And sounds like it will be just the same.
The "new" special reward system sounds like something like Gobblegums or the fate and fortune cards.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Did it? Wouldn't be surprised. I remember a lot of attention was taken away from it because of Zombies Chronicles stuff going on (which seems to be the usual story for IW zombies).

The steps were considerably more complicated than either of the previous two maps.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
lol This is the 2nd time another developer claimed to have the "hardest" Easter egg.

It'll be found in a day. This isn't Shadows of Evil or Revelations.

Hell no.

I think the main difference is we are talking about two different games really.
The Zombie mode that I was introduced too did peak a couple games a go.. A simple unending horde mode with a few twists and easter eggs was perfect in BLOPS 1.

The colossal maps with lengthy and necessary Easter eggs that require youtube guides just to get started just don't appeal to me.
You could see the changes starting in the Moon map.

Toa TAK

Banned
The colossal maps with lengthy and necessary Easter eggs that require youtube guides just to get started just don't appeal to me.
You could see the changes starting in the Moon map.
You do? 🤔

You don't have to do anything in Moon to obtain high rounds.

What are you talking about specifically? Because in none of the maps as of are you required to do jack shit beyond turning on the power.

Kalentan

What are you talking about specifically? Because in none of the maps as of are you required to do jack shit beyond turning on the power.

Again it's all perception. A lot of people have this perception that BO2 on, the maps require you to do all of this crazy stuff to get to high rounds. It's false, but it's the perception.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
You do? 🤔

Eh getting perks can be tricky.
Plus I play with randoms mostly. (probably my biggest problem)

Anyway I also dislike the weapon loadouts past Blops 1. Too many modern/futuristic weapons. One of the reasons I'm looking forward to COD WW2.

Top Bottom