• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Zombies |OT| Overly Complicated

Kalentan

Eh getting perks can be tricky.
Plus I play with randoms mostly. (probably my biggest problem)

Anyway I also dislike the weapon loadouts past Blops 1. Too many modern/futuristic weapons. One of the reasons I'm looking forward to COD WW2.

I still have to disagree with that. Getting power + perks always stayed easy.

(Except for Shadows/Zetsubo which weirdly has a harder time turning on the power than any map.)

Toa TAK

Banned
Anyway I also dislike the weapon loadouts past Blops 1. Too many modern/futuristic weapons. One of the reasons I'm looking forward to COD WW2.
I feel you on the weapons. It's silly, but I'm looking forward to having more of an "authentic" loadout in WWII Zombies myself.

Especially when Black Ops III takes place in an alternate WWII to begin with. Hell, even in Black Ops 1 I was missing my WWII armory.
I still have to disagree with that. Getting power + perks always stayed easy.

(Except for Shadows/Zetsubo which weirdly has a harder time turning on the power than any map.)

Yeah, I get the complaints for Shadows and Zetsubo at the very least. Shadows is a great map, but when it's the first and only option for most people (who didn't get the hardened edition at the time), it doesn't invite people whatsoever.

Kalentan

Poster for DLC4 of IW:

t4iaoujk4ckz.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YWfGhjhy-E

Details from the Stream (Taken from this post):

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/6ywr2z/spoilers_i_noted_mostevery_important_point_from/

Major spoilers ahead.
Extinction is confirmed to be a Willard movie series
Based on Nightfall, considered a "rewrite"
Lee's mic had no audio in the beginning haha
"Culmination of all [our] efforts"
Travis is wearing an Extinction shirt
"Pretty horrible things are waiting for us here"
More than 1 cinematic for TBFB
Takes place in 2206
Starting gun is OSA
Venom-X is back
Cryptids before Zombies
You can jump underground?
N31L is back, as the AI as the control of the facility
David Hasselhoff voices N31L, apparently
Dr. Cross is returning
Cryptids/Extinction has been hinting all the way since Spaceland
"No one's ever made it this far"
You can teleport from the movie to the theater
Zombies are in the movie theater
Random zombies and zombie types from previous maps return
When you leave the theater, the town is in flames
Both new F&F cards are live
Skull Hacker gives no achievements, challenges, and the steps are still available
"No free Perkaholics coming from IW, sorry, you're gonna have to work for it" haha
Laser trap is a reference to Resident Evil movie
TBFB EE is a mixture of the previous EEs?
"You will not need to learn chemistry this time around" haha
Massive super EE after 5th soul key
"When movies come out in the theater, you get the 'vanilla' version. When films come to home video, you get Director's Cut."
Brand new things in every map after super EE

Yeti EE requires fifth soul key
You'll need these new things for the "final battle"
You will die if you do not have all this Director's Cut content
Reason for the 4 characters being chosen will be found
DC content will make things easier, but with some bonus goodies
Designed to help newbies
You will get bonus starting weapons if it's DC
"It will not be a freakin' pistol" haha
"It's not just gonna be easy mode all the way"
You can turn DC mode off
TBFB is very tough
"We're dying for people to give us feedback on this content"
ATM and L&F will still be here, no new perks, but every perk in IW
New weapons other than Venom-X
There will be new content after DLC4
"Keep an eye on the MOTD, IW twitter, my twitter"
ZiS theater, not main menu theater
Referencing Willard's other films (besides Zombies maps)
You can shuffle songs in the main menu
New music coming
Content aside from DLC4 will be released at the same time
"Might be other characters being played in the future"
Lee's bet on DLC4: 30 hours
EE revolves around skill
"Zombies is not a P2W experience"
"I really like Willard Wyler, I'll say that"
GnS not a requirement for super EE
TBFB takes place on 4/20 haha
Leaks are bad, but it does help to see hype
Hope this helped those who couldn't make it to the stream. Hype!

No offense to Treyarch but this seems like Revelations but done right. The Directors Cut stuff might actually make me do the EEs!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Really excited for this final map. That said, I watched the stream, and the last thing you bolded in the redditor's summary--particularly the part about extinction maps returning--is baseless speculation. All they said was that there is something else for zombies coming after DLC4.

Oh, and if anyone wants to watch the stream for themselves (worthwhile IMO, very hype-inducing), here's the archived version: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173261054

Kalentan

Really excited for this final map. That said, I watched the stream, and the last thing you bolded in the redditor's summary--particularly the part about extinction maps returning--is baseless speculation. All they said was that there is something else for zombies coming after DLC4.

Oh, and if anyone wants to watch the stream for themselves (worthwhile IMO, very hype-inducing), here's the archived version: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173261054

Oh yeah, I know that. I took the guys post and obviously copied it over and bolded the important stuff. I know that content after DLC4 is most likely maybe events, easter eggs, and the such.

A Zombie Chronicles-esque DLC for Extinction would be cool but that is extremely unlikely.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Oh yeah, I know that. I took the guys post and obviously copied it over and bolded the important stuff. I know that content after DLC4 is most likely maybe events, easter eggs, and the such.

A Zombie Chronicles-esque DLC for Extinction would be cool but that is extremely unlikely.

No worries, I just know expectations are gonna be running wild, so if we can cleanly divide the knowns from the guesses, it might help mitigate potential disappointment.

Toa TAK

Banned
Figured I'd post it here instead of a new thread, but man, Infinite Warfare is going all out with their Halloween season. It's great, even as someone who isn't wholly enamored with their version of the gamemode, there's no denying they've put a lot of effort and love into it.

Willer Wyler's Halloween Scream

halloween-calendar-desktop.png

This includes a Boss Wave mode that will be permanent after the season. Good shit, Infinity Ward. I would've loved to have seen BOIII get the same treatment and mode, but I can't complain, this is excellent.

Kalentan

Infinity Ward has been doing super good with IW. Their support of the game outclasses both Treyarch and Sledgehammer.

I never got to play the boss fights so I'm hyped to test them out!

Though I may try and see if the Zombies community will run me through the EE's. :O

Would love to have the choice to play Director's Cut for Contracts.

Toa TAK

Banned
Infinity Ward has been doing super good with IW. Their support of the game outclasses both Treyarch and Sledgehammer.

I never got to play the boss fights so I'm hyped to test them out!

Though I may try and see if the Zombies community will run me through the EE's. :O

Would love to have the choice to play Director's Cut for Contracts.

I don't think I'll really have the energy or time to run through the easter eggs I didn't do (despite having a guy who's super awesome and willing to run them with anyone anywhere). The boss mode is a godsend in that I just really want to do them. They're generally pretty fun in an MMO kinda way.

Infinity Ward should be proud of themselves.

frogger

I gave up on COD zombie, it is way too hard. I wish it has a progression mode, where you can level up and upgrade your equipment.

Seyfert

At first, it seems cool to have zombie mode but it is getting far more complicated lately and can't just drop in to play without serious study how levels work and what to do to get far (if you want trophy this is a must, 0.1% platinum in IW pretty much prove this, that alien easter egg is insane both mechanic to trigger and player skill required to be there, average skill player just can't quite have a chance)

But in the end personally, I am not prefer much since they tend to be puzzle level more than actual cinematic campaign that I actually care, No matter how well i play, i am losing in the end and i personally don't like this kind of gameplay much. seems like WWII is going to follow this roadmap and again I hope to get some platinum on modern Call of duty game but just can't because of how Zombie mode nowadays. : /

KDC720

I've been dipping my toes back into IW as of late and while I'm still pretty iffy on the MP, the zombie content in the game has been consistently great.

Maps are not too small or too big, the movie themes are great and make for unique environments, some cool celebrity guests, and optional objectives that while challenging, are a bit more straightforward than the Treyarch easter eggs. It's a great package imo.

Kalentan

I've been dipping my toes back into IW as of late and while I'm still pretty iffy on the MP, the zombie content in the game has been consistently great.

Maps are not too small or too big, the movie themes are great and make for unique environments, some cool celebrity guests, and optional objectives that while challenging, are a bit more straightforward than the Treyarch easter eggs. It's a great package imo.

Yeah. I love the usage of movies as a theme.

I think Rave might be my favorite map. For sure the one I survived the longest. I think.

I do hope that WWII has good variety. I remember that was a problem with Exo Zombies. They kept using Atlas facilites and so it got boring fast.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah. I love the usage of movies as a theme.

I think Rave might be my favorite map. For sure the one I survived the longest. I think.

I do hope that WWII has good variety. I remember that was a problem with Exo Zombies. They kept using Atlas facilites and so it got boring fast.

Same. For me, only Burger Town stands out in my mind.

I'm wondering how crazy they're going for Nazi Zombies. I'm wondering they're going to keep the settings consistent and grounded in the context of their mode or will they go a little crazier.

I feel like only Black Ops III was able to get away with its strangely endearing, 12-year old boy, batshit fantasy story and settings. It worked for that, but I don't really want that for Sledgehammer's iteration. IW did a good job making it all movie themed set in different eras, considering that allowed for them to do a lot more without breaking any sort of disbelief in their world.

Kalentan

Same. For me, only Burger Town stands out in my mind.

I'm wondering how crazy they're going for Nazi Zombies. I'm wondering they're going to keep the settings consistent and grounded in the context of their mode or will they go a little crazier.

I feel like only Black Ops III was able to get away with its strangely endearing, 12-year old boy, batshit fantasy story and settings. It worked for that, but I don't really want that for Sledgehammer's iteration. IW did a good job making it all movie themed set in different eras, considering that allowed for them to do a lot more without breaking any sort of disbelief in their world.

I forgot in the base WW2 map can you actually go to the town above or is it totally underground? Cause I really liked the look of the town above.

Toa TAK

Banned
I forgot in the base WW2 map can you actually go to the town above or is it totally underground? Cause I really liked the look of the town above.

I thought it was both? Or maybe that's my assumption.

Either way I'm expecting a trailer this Halloween (since it's gonna be on Tuesday).

Top Bottom