• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger revealed for 2013 digital launch, live action trailer hits

Nibel

Remember this thread?

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger has been revealed for PSN, XBLA and PC by developer Techland, following a mysterious teaser image on Facebook yesterday.

SBuc1.jpg

Ubisoft is on publishing duties once again, and unveiled the game’s debut trailer this morning, which shows the gunslinger in question hanging an outlaw, then looking at a wanted poster for the notorious Butch Cassidy before getting his guns ready. Could he be the game’s main villain?

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is closer to Bound in Blood in terms of gameplay, with all sorts of gunplay tricks and brutal kills adding towards your running point total. Shoot well and you can spend earned points on upgrades as you progress.

LIVE TRAILER

G49AN.jpg

SmmKw.jpg

kGrRv.jpg

Source of Juarez

Jb

Wait... is this on rails? I liked Bound in Blood, but a lot of its appeal was wandering around the beautiful environments.

This better not be the new Game Informer cover. I mean, it looks cool, but I don't want a PSN/XBLA game taking the cover.

-BLITZ-

I came to post this. YES! They are back to old roots. I'm so happy. That Modern COJ version wasn't meant to be.

Cover
UfNZk.jpg

I felt that Bound in Blood was one of the more overlooked gems of the year that it came out. I really enjoyed it. So hearing about the whole modern approach with The Cartel and the subsequent bad word of mouth really disappointed me. I'm glad to see they are back to the Western setting.

ironcreed

Banned
Good news indeed. I loved the first two, but could not believe my eyes when I saw the direction they chose to go with 'The Cartel.' Glad to see they are going back to what the series is supposed to be, but I am a little disappointed to hear that it is downloadable only. I still want to check it out, though.

I didn't think Cartel was as bad as some made it seem (actually liked the later parts of the game), but whatever - a return to the roots is welcome. Looking forward to see more of this one.

I really liked Bound in Blood but the stuff about numbers and scores and upgrades in the game description concerns me greatly.

Top Bottom