• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol review embargo lifts on release date 6.am. GUESS THE SCORE

NeoGUT feeling:

• Total voters

Arsic

Gold Member
Release day embargo’s always worry me. More often than not it means lower scores. Yes you have DOOM for an example where it was a banger , but my initial high 80s/low 90s may not be the case now lol.

Hopefully it isnt some abysmal PC version with issues rocking a 60 average. 7 and up average I’m there.

Lunarorbit

I think the game will do well but I'm always concerned when a "new" IP comes out and they are already talking about dlc. Did you really need to gate off death animations?

What's the trade off for putting a bad taste in the consumers mouth before the game comes out versus just adding on free dlc later?

GymWolf

It looks meh to be honest. Positioning / distance is not important. Press 1 button, time it, press another button. That's it.
From what i know, you have to evade in the opposite direction of the attack by moving the stick, so not just a simple press of a single button to do any type of evade.

What i hope is that enemies on hard are gonna have something more complicated to avoid than just a couple of slow punches.

Unfortunately there is no much you can do when games are heavy, slow and realistic, anything more bombastic would look silly and ruin the realistic atmosphere of the game, bayonetta or dmc this is not.

GymWolf

GoW's dodge never made much sense to me. 'Cause it's better using your shield, so you can parry and do more damage.

And if it's a unblockable attack, better roll to make sure its not going to land, since they can do lots of dmmage

No, that's not true at all

Watch the hands on preview from Easy Allies

Bloodworth says that you dodge with the analog stick, so direction is important so is timing it right
Evade is for skillfull players, it look cool as hell and some equips give you bullet time and more damage while being in bullet time, you literally stilish on enemies because by the time they end their first swing you already hit them 2-3 times, you do WAY more damage than just blocking and parrying, also many enemies give 2 fucks about your parries when they have multiple hits combos (at least on max difficulty), by the time you parry the last one and start attacking you already have 8-10 hits in with the evade+bullet time method.

When i memorize the boss patterns (after dying 50 times) this is the absolute best way to fight, you end the fight in like 1/3 of the time because you actively attack during their attacks, very risky but very rewarding.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

26GB patch day 1 jebus chronst.

Looks like this is why the review embargo is on release, they need all the time they can squeeze with the latest patch for the reviewers.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Looks like this is why the review embargo is on release, they need all the time they can squeeze with the latest patch for the reviewers.
26GBs?

God damn, yeah whatever version of the game previewers have right now, is NOT at all the same game that people will be playing on release day.

Might as well have the embargo be on release day so reviewers are atleast playing a version of the game thats close to if not exactly retail.

Hugare

Yeah, the game is coming in hot for sure

But starting the studio in 2019 and delivering the game in 2022, with COVID and etc., it's simply nuts. If the game turns out to be amazing, than its really nuts.

Making a game like this in less than 3 years is insane.

GymWolf

Do you people think there is any chance of playing this at 1440p60 ultra details (minus some shadows, reflections) with a 2070super and 8600k both non-overclocked?

Its' 55 euros on pc but i feel like this is gonna be an heavy bitch to run properly...

Last edited:

amigastar

Do you people think there is any chance of playing this at 1440p60 ultra details (minus some shadows, reflections) with a 2070super and 8600k both non-overclocked?

Its' 55 euros on pc but i feel like this is gonna be an heavy bitch to run properly...
Well, as far as i know it's the Unreal Engine 4 and UE4 has modest requirements usually.

Last edited:

chromhound

it's going to be trash :( ?
kyle mooney trash GIF by Saturday Night Live

GymWolf

Well, as far as i know it's the Unreal Engine 4 and UE4 has modest requirements normally.
Yeah but you still have wild difference in optimization between let's say gears 5, days gone and some AA ue4 games, i think it's more of a good devs bad devs thing.

I'm more worried about that fucking shader compile shit, i'm playing evil west and any new thing on screen is followed by an hiccup.

Last edited:
I think the game will do well but I'm always concerned when a "new" IP comes out and they are already talking about dlc. Did you really need to gate off death animations?

What's the trade off for putting a bad taste in the consumers mouth before the game comes out versus just adding on free dlc later?
Dead Space came out in a different time but I love how unabashedly SINGLE PLAYER that game was.

I was referring to your position and distance when you attack. Press a button and the game does the rest for you. You're magically glued to your enemy and the game plays fancy animation number 34.

Good to know that at least dodging requires some skill.

I don't expect amazing melee combat in this one. I'm only playing it for the story and the atmosphere.
Maybe you should let the game come out and then play it aaaand then have positive and negative opinions about it !? That's why i don't give my 2cents about anything before i try it!

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Maybe you should let the game come out and then play it aaaand then have positive and negative opinions about it !? That's why i don't give my 2cents about anything before i try it!

OMG, OMG! We can't speculate and comment? On an internet forum? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

If you want I can DM you once I play the game. Let me know!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Do we expect UE stutter on pc?
What are modes on ps5? I don't want to play this at 1080p....

EDMIX

no it isnt. Whats up with these hot takes jesus

Maybe, maybe not.

Look at it like this, if it bombs, all the warnings was out. Trash DRM, embargo to hide something is wrong, season pass, mtx etc.

I'm sure it will do well, but if it doesn't...I don't know if I could say the prediction is a "hot take", they could be spot on lol Looking at the leaks, I'm sure those hype for survival horror stuff will be fine though.

AngelMuffin

Hoping for 75+ But if not, I’ll still buy it and play through it once then sell it on eBay.

Not too worried if it bombs since the Dead Space Remake is right around the corner.

Roufianos

Do not pre-order! It's the studio's first game and a day one review embargo when they went gold ages ago is a worry.

I still think it will turn out good but absolutely nothing to lose by waiting.

Ogbert

I like the look of it but I think it will have rough edges and repetitive game design.

Awesome atmosphere though.

Hugare

I really hope this user set the black level setting wrong because I am not happy with these raised black levels. Dead Space was perfect with that.
He already said before that black levels are different on his TV and look awesome. So I wouldnt sweat about it.

Yahoo broke the embargo. Probably has no weight on a decision for some since it's the UK Sports Division.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ca...Z-0YfO7zeebshWRwm-35w84JFQy8hSNqO8YUou5wk7yfp
No score, but they loved it

I'm very hyped

Top Bottom