• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol will take 12-14 hours to beat

https://mp1st.com/news/the-callisto...-12-14-hours-beta-paths-will-add-replay-value

For those wondering just how much time they’ll need in order to complete The Callisto Protocol, we now have the answer to that today though there are other things to consider outside of overall The Callisto Protocol game length.

Speaking in the latest issue of EDGE magazine (issue #377), Striking Distance Studios boss Glen Schofield mentioned that The Callisto Protocol game length is “trending towards 12 to 14 hours,” though there are “beta paths” that will add replay value beyond maxing out weapons and the like. Regarding these, Schofield states, “They came later in the game, but some of them are so freaking cool. And we don’t tell you where they are or how many they are. But if you really explore, it may be longer.”

Additionally, Schofield is hoping that these beta paths will “encourage conversations between players who took different routes to finish.”

Is 12-14 hours enough for today’s gaming audience? For me, personally, that’s fine, as long as the experience is good. What about you? Is that length good or lacking compared to today’s standards?

The Callisto Protocol will be available on December 2 for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC.

Perfect length for me.

michael-scott-thats-what-she-said.gif

anthony2690

Banned
Length seems decent, still unsure on the game overall though, but that is more due to the fact I'm wondering if it might be a bit much for me.

I just really don't like jump scares.

Man bat from Arkham Knight is still the worst for me, due to how unexpected it was :(

Last edited:

Jennings

Sounds good, though I wouldn't mind if it were less than half as long. Short games are more engrossing on Youtube and Twitch playthroughs, which is how I will experience the game.

Hopefully this one is GOTY material, we gotta give Elden Ring and (presumably) God of War 2 some bona fide challengers.

Ths could be the game to unseat the Dead Space remake as the definitive 2022 spookfest.

Last edited:

Ellery

Good Length and hopefully offers replayability. What I have seen so far I like. I don't mind buying games that I think look likes games I want to be made and when the reviews are right and the technical side is working well then Day1.

Reactions: WoJ

clarky

Gold Member
Sounds good to me. 10 hours is a good length of these types of games, as long as its decent. If its $70 though ill be waiting for a sale or GP/PS+/preowned before i bite regardless of quality.

OZ9000

Banned
It's interesting to see people actually craving shorter games with less padding. The burnout on long, grind games is real.
Indeed.

Last open world game I completed was Spiderman. Felt too bloated and too long for my liking. Doesn't help I have completed the DLC straight afterwards (which is a forgettable experience I must say).

Most games artificially pad their length with forced open world travel, on rail segments and recycled quests.

This is why I have recently been enjoying Prodeus and Ultrakill so much lately. They're short indie games but certainly quality over quantity.

Trash length for a trash game. Ubisoft are the AAA devs for best value and best games.

In fact all devs should learn from Far Cry 6. Glorious game.

Who am I kidding?!

LET'S FUCKING GO BABY!

SSfox

Perfect lenght for the genre. And having replay value value is a nice ice of the cake, specially if it's at the level of Dead Space.

12 to 14 hours of solid gameplay with a good few big set-pieces thrown in, and a compelling, scary narrative and I'll be as happy as Larry.

Sounds good, though I wouldn't mind if it were less than half as long. Short games are more engrossing on Youtube and Twitch playthroughs, which is how I will experience the game.

Hopefully this one is GOTY material, we gotta give Elden Ring and (presumably) God of War 2 some bona fide challengers.

Ths could be the game to unseat the Dead Space remake as the definitive 2022 spookfest.

It will get awards im sure but its coming out the same week as the keighleys so its not eligible there

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
fuck this man
i want it to be 300 hours like the assassins' creed games

longer = better obviously

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

stn

That's fine by me. I prefer games contain their actual length rather than artificial inflation through excessive grinding or useless collectibles.

BreakOut

I’m not really happy with that length. It’s a $60 game right? I’d like to see games average out 18 to 20 on a strict Main story path.. although if developers stretch to that number, without intent, it’s likely going to be full of go there do this come back fetch quests, and I hate running around in games. That’s worst part of any game. Back-and-forth shit. So I guess the length is acceptable if the game doesn’t repeat the same areas over and over. Recycle quests and enemies nonstop.
But it’s still kind of short.

Top Bottom