• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cam Newton to Patriots

bucyou

get ready for a lot of this

cam-newton.jpg

greyshark

Belichick has a long history of bringing on malcontents that shape up after arrival. Assuming he’s healthy I think he ends up starting.

They have a good a shot at winning the division as anyone ,
Bills are average with a average QB that can’t throw for shit
Jets and Dolphins are rebuilding
Pats have lost the Goat but still have the other Goat BB
When aren't the Jets and Dolphins rebuilding? I'm taking Buffalo to win the AFC East assuming the defence shows up and Allen doesn't lay an egg.

Belichick made Matt Cassell look like a legit nfl starter.

Cam will probably end up starting and playing decently. I still think the Pats make the playoffs this year with a 10-6 ish record

Belichick has a long history of bringing on malcontents that shape up after arrival. Assuming he’s healthy I think he ends up starting.

How is Cam a malcontent? He never gave Rivera an ounce of issues and people hated him because of the dab shit. When healthy, he’s a stud.

No chance he starts unless Stidham really blows.
I think it’s a one and done thing.

I can’t see Stidham starting or it lasting long at all. He was decent at Auburn but fell in the draft because he’s simply not an NFL starter. If Cam is healthy he’s leaps and bounds better than Stidham.

DESTROYA

I can’t see Stidham starting or it lasting long at all. He was decent at Auburn but fell in the draft because he’s simply not an NFL starter. If Cam is healthy he’s leaps and bounds better than Stidham.
The huge advantage Stidham has is he‘s been in the system and knows the offense, he looked pretty good in the last preseason but he did play against mostly scrubs.
He put in a lot of work in the off season but I’m not exactly expecting him to be the next TB but better than last year.
Cam has all the talent in the world but it’s whats between his ears that needs work ( knowledge of the system )

greyshark

How is Cam a malcontent? He never gave Rivera an ounce of issues and people hated him because of the dab shit. When healthy, he’s a stud.

The guy’s been hostile in interactions with the media throughout his career. It’s distracted from his greatness IMO. All Patriot players to a man sing the company line in all interviews. Cam is a stud and will be a great addition if he’s healthy.

The huge advantage Stidham has is he‘s been in the system and knows the offense, he looked pretty good in the last preseason but he did play against mostly scrubs.
He put in a lot of work in the off season but I’m not exactly expecting him to be the next TB but better than last year.
Cam has all the talent in the world but it’s whats between his ears that needs work ( knowledge of the system )

I can agree with that. I’m not sure McDaniels runs all that complicated of a system especially when Garrapolo and Brissett so easily picked it up. With that said, Stidham certainly could benefit in the same way those two did but I just find it hard to believe Belichick would sign Cam to be a back up.

DESTROYA

I can agree with that. I’m not sure McDaniels runs all that complicated of a system especially when Garrapolo and Brissett so easily picked it up. With that said, Stidham certainly could benefit in the same way those two did but I just find it hard to believe Belichick would sign Cam to be a back up.
It’s one of the harder systems to pick up, very talented players have been duds with NE for example some receivers like Ocho Cinco, Joey Galloway, Donald Hayes, Reche Caldwell and on and on.....

It’s one of the harder systems to pick up, very talented players have been duds with NE for example some receivers like Ocho Cinco, Joey Galloway, Donald Hayes, Reche Caldwell and on and on.....

Chad Johnson was done by the time he got there. Caldwell and Hayes were not good players. Reche was another Florida dud receiver RIP.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Looking forward to seeing whether it’s the system or if it was Brady that let the Pats win for so long! Cam is good enough that the answer should be quickly apparent.

:messenger_loudly_crying:

my best friends a diehard finz fan and though cams not on the panthers anymore, i cant wait to root for him and the pats against the finz this yr

Last edited:

Amory

Idk about this. Newton and Belichick seem like they'll blend like oil and water.

It'd be the most Patriots thing ever for them to win a super bowl though.

SinDelta

Of course.

I really hope the Dolphins stop being a doormat for the rest of the league and come out swinging.

It gets tiresome after 13 years.

Best thing was Chad Pennington destroying the Jets playoff chances in 2008.

DESTROYA

Of course.

I really hope the Dolphins stop being a doormat for the rest of the league and come out swinging.

It gets tiresome after 13 years.

Best thing was Chad Pennington destroying the Jets playoff chances in 2008.
Pretty pathetic you have to go more than a decade in the past to find a highlight.
Unless they start Tua day one they have no shot of improving .

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Patriots brought in stars before (Randy Moss, Chad Johnson etc.) losing Brady was an all-time meltdown move.

Never been a big fan of Cam and my dislike only got worse after the way he acted after losing Super Bowl 50. Totally classless player and hopefully he takes the Pats down with him.

I'm a Panthers fan, and I get so sick of hearing this. Was it his best moment? No. But Chris Harris was running his mouth in earshot (along with others). Cam takes way too much flak for that moment. Cam has always just been a big kid, and he wears his emotions on his sleeve. He was crushed by the loss, and it got the best of him, for sure.

Let me guess, I bet you think Peyton Manning is a high-class player. He didn't shake Drew Brees hand after their Super Bowl.https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...er-super-bowl-xliv-blew-off-saints-handshake/

What a classless piece of shit, right? (NOBODY TALKS ABOUT THAT!)

Here's Cam and Manning after Super Bowl 50 on the field:

GettyImages-508990066.0.jpg

DESTROYA

Patriots brought in stars before (Randy Moss, Chad Johnson etc.) losing Brady was an all-time meltdown move.
How exactly was this a meltdown from the Pats ?
They decided he’s past his prime and it’s true , I think he will start strong but will have a rough second half of the season as it goes on, you could see the decline as the season wore on last year.
I expect much of the same this year as he is that much older.
Do i wish they still had TB ? Yes but that’s just me wanting to see him finish his career in NE.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
With Josh Allen ? Lol....
He has to learn how to throw first.

He's an elite passer on short to intermediate throws. Enough athleticism to get you a few extra first downs per game. Still only 24 years old with one full season under his belt. Buy Buffalo stock.

GettyImages-1038453104.jpg

Last edited:

DESTROYA

He's an elite passer on short to intermediate throws. Enough athleticism to get you a few extra first downs per game. Still only 24 years old with one full season under his belt. Buy Buffalo stock.
He is not a elite passer on any of his throws. He barley completes half his throws and is a completion percentage of 56% for his entire career. Not even close to elite.
I can tell your a Buffalo Bills fan but you have to base your statements on reality not fantasy.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
He is not a elite passer on any of his throws. He barley completes half his throws and is a completion percentage of 56% for his entire career. Not even close to elite.
I can tell your a Buffalo Bills fan but you have to base your statements on reality not fantasy.

Look at his accuracy on short to intermediate passes. He's an elite QB on those throws.

highrider

Banned
Just stop wearing the head scarfs Cam. Nobody wants to see their team leader looking like he’s ready to pick some fucking azaleas.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
We will agree to disagree but he is far from elite .

Or we can just look at statistics from last season to see who's correct.

"The start of Allen's profile in Pro Football Focus' 2020 QB Annual reads, "Allen made strides in key areas, as he graded among the league's best on passes in the 1-to-19 yard range." - CBS sports.com

His accuracy in the short to intermediate, his running ability, and his aversion to turnovers make him one of the best young QBs in the game.

Combine that with two of the best young HC and GMs in the league and Buffalo is set to own the AFC for the next decade.

Last edited:
I'm a Panthers fan, and I get so sick of hearing this. Was it his best moment? No. But Chris Harris was running his mouth in earshot (along with others). Cam takes way too much flak for that moment. Cam has always just been a big kid, and he wears his emotions on his sleeve. He was crushed by the loss, and it got the best of him, for sure.

Let me guess, I bet you think Peyton Manning is a high-class player. He didn't shake Drew Brees hand after their Super Bowl.https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...er-super-bowl-xliv-blew-off-saints-handshake/

What a classless piece of shit, right? (NOBODY TALKS ABOUT THAT!)

Here's Cam and Manning after Super Bowl 50 on the field:

GettyImages-508990066.0.jpg

For every 1 of Manning's classless moves I can show you at least 10 for Cam. Try again.

DESTROYA

There is a reason why he’s the best coach of all time and makes a lot of free agents pro bowlers, this is one reason why.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
People in this thread comparing the character of Peyton Fucking Manning to Cam Newton?

Isn't that like comparing Sargeant Major Daniel J Daly to the coward who took his own life one Adolf Hitler?

Top Bottom