• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Camp Hyrule Registration is Open (plus a chance to win a Nintendo DS)

AniHawk

The Faceless Master said:
looks shady IMO... i'll wait for other people to confirm...

Nintendo's been doing Camp Hyrule for years (10 years, in fact). Earliest I remember hearing about it on the web was 2001.

If you're worried, try sending your email addy through to get your password.

Seriously, I've done Camp Hyrule the apst 5 years in a row. Where have you been? Nintendo alawys does this. Check the site's registration info if you really need to.

Registrant:
Nintendo of America Inc. (CAMPHYRULE-DOM)
4820 150th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
US

Domain Name: CAMPHYRULE.COM

Ecrofirt

Some of you guys are funny. CH has been going on forever.

It's just in the past year or two that they've opened the registration to anyone. It used to be a bastard to get into Camp Hyrule.

Ecrofirt said:
Some of you guys are funny. CH has been going on forever.

It's just in the past year or two that they've opened the registration to anyone. It used to be a bastard to get into Camp Hyrule.

I wish it still was. Too many people, too many idiots.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm not clear on what this is, but i joined anyway. i wouldn't mind having a DUAL SCREEN NINTENDOO, if only to play the new wario ware.

i hope i haven't signed up for an actual camp. i don't need any more of the feeling that i'm doing something SHAMEFUL and WRONG that's meant for SMALL CHILDREN; i get enough of that playing tales of symphonia.

AniHawk

douche said:
i hope i haven't signed up for an actual camp. i don't need any more of the feeling that i'm doing something SHAMEFUL and WRONG that's meant for SMALL CHILDREN; i get enough of that playing tales of symphonia.

It's an OL thing.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I went to the site. Clicked the "to register" link and it went straight to a thanks-for-registering-screen, but I didn't do anything. If I already have a "My Nintendo" registration, does it do it automatically?

StrikerObi, can you explain what you do during Camp Hyrule? I've heard about it for years, but this is the first year I've registered (or I think I registered).

Ugh, I must say I entered it for a year and was completely turned off by the whole. There was absolutely no maturity to be found anywhere.

The NDS had me interested, and even if by a small probability I can win, I will try my luck.

Tritroid

omg I can't wait to find out if any of us are in the same cabin! lololol!!11

Seriously though, the cabin 'pranks' that people pull (which is nothing more than random flood attacks) are both fucking stupid and retarded. If you see someone trying to promote 'pranks', please take the time to make them realize how idiotic they are.

Brofist

The first thing I pictured was a bunch of bed wetting little brats at this thing heh. Course I'm not saying any of you match that description, so don't hang me :p

Tritroid

kpop100 said:
The first thing I pictured was a bunch of bed wetting little brats at this thing heh. Course I'm not saying any of you match that description, so don't hang me :p
Sadly that's what most of CH consists of. Although you do run into a lot of people from the more 'mature' gaming community at times, such as GAFers, idiot PGCers, n-philers, IGNers, and Nintendorks.

sasimirobot

JJConrad said:
I went to the site. Clicked the "to register" link and it went straight to a thanks-for-registering-screen, but I didn't do anything. If I already have a "My Nintendo" registration, does it do it automatically?

Me too. WTF? There is nothing else there...

neptunes

what is it exactly?

a chat room with games and such? how do you win the contest?

what are the types of people that go there?

Top Bottom