• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can Lost Workd's Yoshi DLC give us hints about Yarn Yoshi?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Back in January Nintendo revealed Yarno Yoshi for Wii U, with a strange mix of video footage and screenshots.
One different from another in terms of artstyle, camera and so on.
Check it out:

Yoshi_Wii_U_01.jpg

Yarn-Yoshi-Artwork-7.png

Now they just announced the DLC for Sonic Lost World:

Could we imagine that the Yarn Yoshi Wii U game will be something similar to this? So different from Yarn Kirby in terms of artstyle, and pure sidescrolling game?

Your bets!

Avallon

I don't think the DLC is related.

EDIT: Oh man, that first screenshot is sooooo much more appealing than the second.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think everything we saw until now points towards a 2.5D platformer. With different camera angles but a 2D movement.

I think they would have been more aggressive about saying so if that was the case. Ten again there has been a weird radio silence on both Yoshi games so who knows.

Zalman

The Sonic DLC is based on Yoshi's Island. Yarn Yoshi doesn't seem to be like that at all. I think it's more its own thing, like Kirby's Epic Yarn was.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The Sonic DLC is based on Yoshi's Island. Yarn Yoshi doesn't seem to be like that at all. I think it's more its own thing, like Kirby's Epic Yarn was.

but as you can see by the screens, even at the reveal it wasn't so clear what it was, wasn't it?
the two screen shows differente artstyle and camera angles too...that's the reason I'm wondering which, among the three different materials we saw related to a Wii U Yoshi game, will end to be the "final form"

NotLiquid

I honestly doubt Nintendo themselves have much of an idea what Yarn Yoshi is going to end up being, let alone Sega.

The video they showed almost a year ago was obviously proof of concept judging from the rehashed assets and lazy animations. I wouldn't be surprised if the final product is completely different, possibly not even being purely yarn-styled.

Top Bottom